Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-11-2011, 12:52 PM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Bank: 185,677,884.59
Total Points: 1,277,340,619.00
welcome back - Freedom Fighter i just wanted to welcome you bakk with this gift and a nice big fukk u , lol, nyahahahahahaha, just playing, welcome bakk homie - Tha_Greatest welcome back buddy :) - Gorilla Dogs HALAL SUBWAY - DiLLiNGER one of the most enteratining and badass guys here - dj emz 
even though you are a deceitful baterd , lol, i cant hate you forever, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest stay up, my friend. - Willy Wanker merry xmas - Subtraction for the underrated stone roses!...long overdue - BritishBoxing92 Thanks for the downloads. - Barnburner 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest peace homie, lol, you made sully and demise your official bittches, lol, im off, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
happy holidays akh - dj emzz 
Childhood Cancer - dj emz 

If you're gonna be an Amir Khan supporter, one of the things you need to accept is that he's an incomplete fighter with vulnerabilities and it will likely ever be thus.

He's dazzling in spells, though, has a ton of heart and brings excitement, so all is not lost. He doesn't have to be P4P Picasso to be a fighter worth following.

Everyone around him, his team and fans, need to calm down and let the big dates come in their own time. He's still got much road ahead.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-11-2011, 12:57 PM
PEBBLES!
Banned

welcome back - Freedom Fighter i just wanted to welcome you bakk with this gift and a nice big fukk u , lol, nyahahahahahaha, just playing, welcome bakk homie - Tha_Greatest welcome back buddy :) - Gorilla Dogs HALAL SUBWAY - DiLLiNGER one of the most enteratining and badass guys here - dj emz 
even though you are a deceitful baterd , lol, i cant hate you forever, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest stay up, my friend. - Willy Wanker merry xmas - Subtraction for the underrated stone roses!...long overdue - BritishBoxing92 Thanks for the downloads. - Barnburner 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest peace homie, lol, you made sully and demise your official bittches, lol, im off, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
What you mean? Both Marg and Khan struggled inside. Marg is a good inside fighter but only good when he dictates the pace. When Cotto pressed he was pushing Marg around and dominating him on the inside.
I didn't see Cotto being hugely effective inside, sorry. I saw him mostly spoiling there (which is strategically fine), not consistently fighting inside.

Tony landed punches inside and did pretty well there considering Cotto had his arms wrapped around him in damn near a crouch so as to forklift him back with all his might.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:00 PM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Now, Lamont Peterson was effective inside. He actually fought there.

Not an apropos comparison.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,430,417,318,276.69
Total Points: 30,430,517,641,232.19
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones! View Post
Now, Lamont Peterson was effective inside. He actually fought there.

Not an apropos comparison.
He was very effective and I see where you are going but Cotto was also effective. Maybe he wasn't so effective with damage but by being up close to Marg he never was never really able to extend his arms and get Cotto. Then Cotto was able to back away, box, move, and then come in and frustrate Marg. Both effective in different ways imo. Either way, inside Marg really couldn't do much unless he was getting Miguel against the ropes.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:59 PM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
He was very effective and I see where you are going but Cotto was also effective. Maybe he wasn't so effective with damage but by being up close to Marg he never was never really able to extend his arms and get Cotto. Then Cotto was able to back away, box, move, and then come in and frustrate Marg. Both effective in different ways imo. Either way, inside Marg really couldn't do much unless he was getting Miguel against the ropes.
Strategically and as a component of an overall gameplan, what Cotto did up close was effective in muting Margarito somewhat, and it was beneficial to him over the 9 rounds that the fight lasted, but it wasn't a demonstration of effective "inside fighting". Two too nuanced cases to be likened, for me.