Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-04-2011, 03:52 PM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 93 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 264,052,257,801,034.44
Total Points: 1,000,266,055,423,317,120.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
He is a very good fighter, but he is somewhat of a front runner although not everyone was able to take advantage when the going got tough. So while a poor trait at least he has shown the ability to pull it together if allowed.

What always bothers me about Cotto is when he fights going backwards, because he does it to avoid damage but ends up taking more than if he just fought aggressively. A short stocky guy should press inside and get inside the range where the other guy can be effective and work from there, moving away just doesn't suit him because he never has the range advantage to take advantage of moving away.

Cotto has real talent and boxing skills but to me he lacks that attention to detail that really allows a guy to move beyond being very good, but his career has been solid he avenged one of his loses and his other defeat is to one of the top couple guys of the era, don't know how you can really knock that to much.
It may be too late but it would be nice to see Cotto work on his in-fighting skills because they're average at best, if that.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-04-2011, 03:54 PM
DiegoFuego
Ask my dad, I'm GAY!

Rep Power: 45 DiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 317,336.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPO View Post
Cotto never faded in the Clottey fight.

Cotto was boxing Clottey pretty good until (in my opinion) that intenational headbutt came..Cotto couldn't see jack **** trough that eye.
I said Clottey fades, not Cotto.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:55 PM
DiegoFuego
Ask my dad, I'm GAY!

Rep Power: 45 DiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond repute

The only way I'd want a rematch with Pacquiao is if Pacquiao loses to Floyd. Or, like I said, if Pacquiao is proven to be on the juice in the future (not saying he is, so relax. Just hypothetically speaking).
Old 12-04-2011, 03:58 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 55 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,967,733,250,820.23
Total Points: 6,978,333,377,590.39
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
It may be too late but it would be nice to see Cotto work on his in-fighting skills because they're average at best, if that.
He can throw the punches he just lacks the defense tricks to do it, when you look at Cotto you just think inside fighter but he fights nothing like that.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,785,993,421,859,131.00
Total Points: 15,815,213,538,023,668.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
. How far behind do you think?
Reasonably far.

I wouldn't even put him infront of Winky Wright who I would argue isn't a future HOF'er.

I wouldn't put him above Shane either, no way.

Let alone the ATG's of the last decade like Mayweather, Pacquaio, Hopkins, Morales, Barrera, Marquez etc.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,785,993,421,859,131.00
Total Points: 15,815,213,538,023,668.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
I think the Cotto we have now is the Cotto we will always see.

In terms of skills he's pretty much always been the same.

So any infighting or be able to handle pressure (from a legit opponent) he's just never going to attain.

I'm suprised a lot of people would like to see Cotto rematch Pacquaio. That's a fight I definitely don't want to see again.

The outcome will be the same.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:06 PM
DiegoFuego
Ask my dad, I'm GAY!

When I did my top 10 fighters of the decade in 2010, I believe it went something like:

1. Mayweather
2. Pacquiao
3. Hopkins
4. Barrera
5. Marquez
6. Cotto
7. Calzaghe
8. Wright
9. Mosley
10. Wladimir Klitschko

Now that's just based on what these guys did from 2000 to 2009. Now that one of Cotto's losses is basically null and void, he's only lost to the guy I rated 2nd in fighter of the decade. Career-wise, I think he's accomplished more than Calzaghe, Wright and Wlad. You don't have to agree though.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Dedication
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond reputeDedication has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,168,069,488.63
You've been making some good posts - rorymac thanks 4 the kind words in my thread - sugersean15 stay calm my freind........... i dont want to see you get a nervous breakdown over something that aint worth getting all upset about, lol, if that quote was a lie, , dont go trying to treat that post as a bait, you only hurt yourself by feeling insul - Tha_Greatest 

I'm all for a Pac rematch but with random drug testing
Old 12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
noekin3
Contender

Rep Power: 5 noekin3 has a reputation beyond reputenoekin3 has a reputation beyond reputenoekin3 has a reputation beyond reputenoekin3 has a reputation beyond reputenoekin3 has a reputation beyond reputenoekin3 has a reputation beyond reputenoekin3 has a reputation beyond reputenoekin3 has a reputation beyond reputenoekin3 has a reputation beyond reputenoekin3 has a reputation beyond reputenoekin3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 246,382,509.34
Total Points: 246,384,049.12
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 

mmm, i dont wanna see pac-cotto again.........i still dont see how cotto could win against pac........
Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM
DiegoFuego
Ask my dad, I'm GAY!

Or at least without sapping Cotto by making him weight in at 145 or whatever.