Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: will you be ordering the fight?
Yes I will order the fight on PPV 39 55.71%
No, I have no intentions of watching it 1 1.43%
No, I will stream it 17 24.29%
No, but I will watch it at a friends, bar, etc. 10 14.29%
I've got tickets to the fight, so I am going to watch it live 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 12-03-2011, 03:53 AM
RichardPerez
Undisputed Champion

Location: Los Angeles / Sylmar / San Fernando Valley, California
Rep Power: 8 RichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond reputeRichardPerez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 114,045.54
Send a message via AIM to RichardPerez

Yes. Classic styles, i see Marg being stopped, eye issues.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-03-2011, 03:59 AM
LoadedWraps
ĄDe Pinga!

Rep Power: 20 LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,976,931,589,715.46
Total Points: 33,016,931,709,074.98
_4 - mathed _5 - mathed Back at ya - lparm thx, always appreciate a good toe to toe post - thuggery wouldn't let me give you greens - mathed 
pleasure to meet a NINERS fan :beerchug: - jose830 BANE - Mike Tyson77 Good karma to you for honoring our bet :) - Tyler_Durden STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega War Tribe - Hougigo 
To another great poster! - DosRounds To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Purple Heart for war! STORTROOPERS!! - DonMega war b-suth - Mike D For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin 
The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizz View Post
Yuppers. And Rican fans are VERY passionate fans. In particular when their fighters fight Mexicans. Thing is, it seems like Mexicans typically get the better of Ricans. Segura getting the best of Calderon comes to mind.

People need to stop letting their emotions get in the way of their thinking when it comes to this fight.

Sure, every BOXING fan wants to see Margarito get his face smashed inside out.

But if Cotto fights that fight, he might not make it to the final bell.

Tony's got an incredibly sturdy chin. We don't really know what his power is like without the wraps, but he'll still throw.

Can Cotto survive the onslaught? His best bet is to BOX.

But I just don't see him doing that.
Cotto hit Margarito with everything he had that night, wailing on him repeatedly for all but the last two rounds, and Margarito didn't even look like he had been in a fight. To think Cotto can do better at this point in his career is illogical.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:08 AM
Squizz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Squizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 250,071,196.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedWraps View Post
Cotto hit Margarito with everything he had that night, wailing on him repeatedly for all but the last two rounds, and Margarito didn't even look like he had been in a fight. To think Cotto can do better at this point in his career is illogical.
Exactly. But that being said, what will Tony's power be like without the wraps? If the Pac fight is any suggestion, Cotto will be screwed if he tries to turn this into a brawl.

If he boxes, and moves, he stands a chance, but I just don't see that happening.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him get stopped again.

Even sooner this time.

I hate to say it, but he just has too much of a propensity to mix it up.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:15 AM
LoadedWraps
ĄDe Pinga!

Rep Power: 20 LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
_4 - mathed _5 - mathed Back at ya - lparm thx, always appreciate a good toe to toe post - thuggery wouldn't let me give you greens - mathed 
pleasure to meet a NINERS fan :beerchug: - jose830 BANE - Mike Tyson77 Good karma to you for honoring our bet :) - Tyler_Durden STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega War Tribe - Hougigo 
To another great poster! - DosRounds To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Purple Heart for war! STORTROOPERS!! - DonMega war b-suth - Mike D For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin 
The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Exactly. But that being said, what will Tony's power be like without the wraps? If the Pac fight is any suggestion, Cotto will be screwed if he tries to turn this into a brawl.

If he boxes, and moves, he stands a chance, but I just don't see that happening.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him get stopped again.

Even sooner this time.

I hate to say it, but he just has too much of a propensity to mix it up.
Who knows? We will see tomorrow. But how much will it really matter? Cotto isn't as fast or as conditioned as Manny, and Manny destroyed his eye but he really didn't slow him down that much, I don't see Cotto injuring Margarito, unless his eye is worse than they say and they end up stopping the fight. But to rely on that is crazy. Also Margarito's conditioning is mythical, has he EVER been tired in the ring? He has also been working heavily on slipping punches this training camp, and his defense was always underrated, so this will be a VERY interesting fight, Cotto is in the fight as long as he boxes intelligently and keeps his distance, but Margarito cuts off the ring well so it will be tough.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:16 AM
j.one
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 j.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,056,966.85

Nah I don't pay for Top Rank events.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:24 AM
Squizz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Squizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.one View Post
Nah I don't pay for Top Rank events.
Good. **** Bob Arum. Another boxing cancer. On the same level as Don King. Gives the sport a bad name.

Oscar's f'd up big time, but at least he's a straight-forward businessman.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 AM
Squizz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedWraps View Post
Who knows? We will see tomorrow. But how much will it really matter? Cotto isn't as fast or as conditioned as Manny, and Manny destroyed his eye but he really didn't slow him down that much, I don't see Cotto injuring Margarito, unless his eye is worse than they say and they end up stopping the fight. But to rely on that is crazy. Also Margarito's conditioning is mythical, has he EVER been tired in the ring? He has also been working heavily on slipping punches this training camp, and his defense was always underrated, so this will be a VERY interesting fight, Cotto is in the fight as long as he boxes intelligently and keeps his distance, but Margarito cuts off the ring well so it will be tough.
Tony's defense underrated? Now I know ur Mexican. His defense is his face blocking punches. Nothing wrong with that if you can withstand it.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:28 AM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 77 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,950,742.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Good. **** Bob Arum. Another boxing cancer. On the same level as Don King. Gives the sport a bad name.

What do you mean he's at least a straight forward business man?
Old 12-03-2011, 04:29 AM
LoadedWraps
ĄDe Pinga!

Quote:
Tony's defense underrated? Now I know ur Mexican. His defense is his face blocking punches. Nothing wrong with that if you can withstand it.
haha no I am not Mexican. His defense is a bit overrated though. He does block alot of punches with his face but he can move his head a bit better than people give him credit for. He just is so slow with his feet and hands that it doesn't help much lol.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:31 AM
j.one
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 j.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,056,966.85

Quote:

I've been watching boxing since i was a kid and to be fair and objective all (Arum, King & oscar etc) have had questionable fights, but Top Rank is consistently the worst. My friend is thinking about having it and if he does i'll go and throw down some weed and beer but no cash to Arum.