Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Achille
Contender

Rep Power: 10 Achille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,542.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth View Post
That so wrong! Roy has a very high boxing IQ. Roy's fighting style however was tailor made for a young fighter. His style didn't work well when the body got old. Its not that he didn't have great skills as a boxer, he just had a weird style of using those skills...and it caught up with him when he got old.
I agree with this I hate when people say this. Roy was trained by his father and learned all the fundamentals of boxing. It***8217;s just that RJJ created his own style, once RJJ got older and dropped that weight it slowed his reflexes down. So he can***8217;t do the things he used to do. But to say Roy don***8217;t have no fundamentals is ludicrous especially the way he can break down fights/fighters as a commentator. He knows the boxing game inside and out. He just chooses not to change and adapt his style for being slower and being easier to hit now.

In some fights he adapted his style pretty well, like when he fought Tito, he was nervous about Tito***8217;s punching power early on so he did the Winky Wright style of defense kept his hands up and the same thing in the Lacy fight early on. He win***8217;s the fights then he gets ****y for his next match ala Joe C, Green. Then reverts back to his old ways thinking he***8217;s back in his prime and usually pays for it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-23-2011, 01:25 PM
crillz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 crillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond reputecrillz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,593,555,712.49
Total Points: 1,150,593,571,528.05
great post on the Cotto thread. - Pancho Gonzales Sorry man,I felt the same. R.I.P Forrest - RelliK Dont eva try and Hijack my boys thread or you will know bout tings lol Big Up C.. - The Gully Gad The Official BoxingScene QWOP Champion - 101m - Barnburner Money May AllDay, VIP4LIFE. Enjoy the fight homey. - CRASH DUMMY 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIG View Post
I love the guy, but if he couldn't beat Danny Green, I don't see who else he could beat to get it. Let him do what he wants though. He's an ATG.
I'd like to see them rematch if Danny can regain a belt, this time in the United States where there is no 2 hour delay AFTER the hands being wrapped, where they don't apply no adhesives that are known to HARDEN to the hand wraps 2 hours prior to the fight, yea I'd like to see that. even if he did beat Jones again at least he'd erase that doubt that still lives in a few peoples minds

the Lebedev loss was just that, a loss. people lose and people win and on that night against that man Jones lost and I don't believe there was any foul play but the Green fight? I still got my questions on that one.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Forza
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Forza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,600,203.67
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Viva Il Duce - Rocky... Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Someone give a paper title to sum chump and let roy UD him please. Although I have to say roy sounds the same as he did at 25, no slurring or anything. He's still quick witted which is a good sign.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 60 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,729,976,275,243.93
Total Points: 11,014,791,606,599.87
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

He's a grown man he knows what is good for him, if he wants to fight on then who cares.

Its not like he is taking these fights for nothing he gets a lot of money for them.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Heru
Quintessence

Rep Power: 29 Heru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,065,416,846,560.84
Total Points: 1,165,416,971,897.39
Keep up your posting - J. HITTER bottoms up - gancho_al_igado Badass poster - Stone Roses! For supporting Palestine - Stone Roses! Have another Champ - Stone Roses! 
a bribe to get you in the thunderdome and post homie, lol, nyahahahahahaha c u soon homie, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest give it to guzman's fat ass - Dick Buffman Give some of this to Guzman - Dick Buffman for Guzman's beer gut - INSECT merry xmas - Subtraction 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dick Buffman 

I'd give the shot version of Roy Jones a good shot at winning one against Huck because of how I see their styles clashing. The problem lies in Roy having to get a decision in Germany against a popular German fighter and Huck's strength could overwhelm him if Huck lands a good shot.

Other than that, I don't like his chances against the other Cruiserweight titleholders. Hard to win at the top level if you have to spend rounds on end on the ropes because your legs are shot.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Achille
Contender

Rep Power: 10 Achille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond reputeAchille has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Gunz View Post
He's a grown man he knows what is good for him, if he wants to fight on then who cares.

Its not like he is taking these fights for nothing he gets a lot of money for them.

Well I hear that's one of the reason why he keeps on fighting he needs money now to pay off the IRS. The HBO job does not pay as much as if he was boxing so that is why you see RJJ doing more promotional things (Body By Vi, Get in the Game) now then he ever has done in the past when he was on top of his game.

Last edited by Achille; 10-23-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Champ Is Here
I suck manny big peepee

Rep Power: 0 Champ Is Here is infamous around these partsChamp Is Here is infamous around these partsChamp Is Here is infamous around these partsChamp Is Here is infamous around these partsChamp Is Here is infamous around these partsChamp Is Here is infamous around these partsChamp Is Here is infamous around these partsChamp Is Here is infamous around these partsChamp Is Here is infamous around these partsChamp Is Here is infamous around these partsChamp Is Here is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 111,516.18

Another loss
Old 10-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Achille
Contender

We will see December 10th.