Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Floyd Sinclair
UNDEFEATED

Rep Power: 20 Floyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,840,414.70
Total Points: 27,339,224.19
The Gold Mac is that dude...respect him. - TRUTH Thanks for sending me albums...i sent this to myself by accident  lol - TRUTH Good Game - ??? Congrats at 1K. - Bendigo 1K Posts! - T-97 
1k post celebration.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Best New Poster Of The Year 2008 - RJJ The Truth your name is gold mac, your are the man!!! whats up with all these questions about your plans!!! Lincoln roll call!! lol remember from he got game? haha - RJJ The Truth have a Dilla Donut, my dude - el guason456 Great post on Jay-Z in the unpopular opinions thread - RJJ The Truth 
Happy b-day................... - lefhooktodabody Happy birthday b. **cam'ron voice** lol tried to get a cake, shit was out of stock. my bad - RJJ The Truth Happy-B day - megadude A Slice of Uno Pizza for that mix... - Truth nice argument....:D - Truth 
BoxingScene's King.... - Truth ya dig? - Truth Good looking out with the X tracks - Grand Champ 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - TRUTH World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Truth Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedickyaluss View Post
This injury will be the descent of Hopkins.

He will not be able to train like he used too... he may stay in the gym, but what he can do will be significantly limited.

The main reason Hopkins stays successful at this age, is he never lets himself get "out of shape". He's always training, always in the gym.. so that when training camp comes, it's not such a huge impact on his body to go from out of shape, to fight shape... he goes from in shape... to fight shape.

It will be hard for him to stay "in shape" with this injury.

Sure... he can Run, do ab work etc... but you have to be able to do much more than that to be in in boxing shape...

At almost 47 years old, this injury will take awhile to heal, and could very well come back when he does go back into training, or even in the middle of a fight..
The same thing went through my mind except that i wouldnt completely rule him out. 6 weeks really aint that bad, he'll be through with that early January.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-21-2011, 05:43 PM
$ jmoney 210 $
Banned

Rep Power: 0 $ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute$ jmoney 210 $ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,013,826.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***1048;ATAS206 View Post
Remember when Jay Cutler of the chicago bears got injured against the packers last year and everyone and their mama suddenly became doctors and said he was faking and that "if I were him I would have played!" and took a giant dump on him?

Then it turned out he truly was injured?

yeah. Similar thing here with hopkins. It's easy to watch on the seat of your couch or computer chair and say "oh he quit! he's faking" versus being the actual person who went through the injury the first place.

Could Jay Cutler have continued? Probably. Probably would have got killed and injured even more being that he was getting sacked every 3-5 plays and possibly ruined his entire career. Could hopkins have continued? Probably. With limited use of one arm and would have surly lost with only the right hand to operate with, not too mention risks further injury.

Everyone on this site is a warrior who would fight with two broken arms, one eye, 18 cuts, a nosebleed and a broken leg. Without question.
this^^^^^^
Old 10-21-2011, 05:52 PM
El Pistolero
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 El Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,000,001,005,050.45

[QUOTE=***1048;ATAS206;11320696]Remember when Jay Cutler of the chicago bears got injured against the packers last year and everyone and their mama suddenly became doctors and said he was faking and that "if I were him I would have played!" and took a giant dump on him?

yeah. Similar thing here with hopkins. It's easy to watch on the seat of your couch or computer chair and say "oh he quit! he's faking" versus being the actual person who went through the injury the first place.

Could Jay Cutler have continued? Probably. Probably would have got killed and injured even more being that he was getting sacked every 3-5 plays and possibly ruined his entire career. Could hopkins have continued? Probably. With limited use of one arm and would have surly lost with only the right hand to operate with, not too mention risks further injury.

Everyone on this site is a warrior who would fight with two broken arms, one eye, 18 cuts, a nosebleed and a broken leg. Without question.[/QUOTE]

Co-****ing-sign this. And I'm gonna come out and say it and I don't care who I offend - Boxingscene is full of pu55ies. Apart from the knowledgable, sane posters who stay out of stupid ****, the rest of the users have got to the biggest internet warriors I've ever met. Bunch of pu55ies.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 PM
kbpoetree
Coach/Boxer/TheSport

Rep Power: 287 kbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,166,448,175.52
Total Points: 8,166,453,346.71
Hey man you short on e-gifts...start yo collection - BritishBoxing92 to help you stay up for the big fights! - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac 

I cant believe their aint 100 posts yet sayen sure Hop can say that but wheres the proof...lol..it'l come soon enough i know...then I can see it now...when he shows the proof..."suuuure anyone can fake one of those or pay a dr to give them that false report" lol....
Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 PM
*OG Wenger*
Banned

Rep Power: 0 *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger*
Bank: 269,906,363.15
Total Points: 1,696,598,665.26
seeing as you ain't got any shit - Sir TomJones Building on what TJ started - D.I.E.S.E.L enjoy fag - raskat you are a tool - Ogecca MaMa Super Ramsey - Sir TomJones 
Plastic Paddy - S~T~J 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa 

Must be a grade I-II AC dislocation like i suspected hence the lack of any visible damage on the shoulder.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Mr.0pal
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Mr.0pal is infamous around these partsMr.0pal is infamous around these partsMr.0pal is infamous around these partsMr.0pal is infamous around these partsMr.0pal is infamous around these partsMr.0pal is infamous around these partsMr.0pal is infamous around these partsMr.0pal is infamous around these partsMr.0pal is infamous around these partsMr.0pal is infamous around these partsMr.0pal is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 74,974.34

Quote:
Remember when Jay Cutler of the chicago bears got injured against the packers last year and everyone and their mama suddenly became doctors and said he was faking and that "if I were him I would have played!" and took a giant dump on him?

Everyone on this site is a warrior who would fight with two broken arms, one eye, 18 cuts, a nosebleed and a broken leg. Without question.
It's 100% Bernard's fault for people not believing him. Had he not built a history of faking nobody would accuse him. If any body in boxing would be suspected of faking an injury then Hopkins would be second to none. When you cry wolf over and over and there is no wolf don't expect sympathy when nobody responds and your 46 year old ass gets eaten up. You're talking as if people have absolutely no motive to suspect Hopkins of faking when the actuality is that we have more motive than we need.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Juanma9
Contender

Total Points: 8,083.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewWoodside View Post
I bet on Hopkins, I was heavily supporting Hopkins. If you believe Dawson is criminally responsible. You are simply a d*ckhead. Hopkins lounged himself onto Dawson, how exactly did you want Dawson to remove Hopkins from his back?
He should have politely given him a piggy-back around the ring. He didn't so...jail!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:01 PM
H3K
Contender

Rep Power: 5 H3K will become famous soon enoughH3K will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 9,779.21

Quote:

Well said man. It's a shame other members can't see it this way, and "insist" that Bernard looked for an easy opportunity to quit.

Are you kidding me? Bernard's never done this throughout his whole career. Even when Pascal had Bernard down 3 times in their first fight - (especially considering Bernard hadn't been knocked down for years prior to that) - Bernard didn't look for a way out.

Sure, he resorts to gamesmanship to try and bide some time in the ring, but he certainly wouldn't quit. Especially against the feather fisted Dawson
Old 10-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 169 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 201,243,990,064,253.00
Total Points: 206,244,541,196,711.59
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - CuauhtÚmoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Whats the diagnosis?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Eaner0919
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 Eaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,533,858,774.51
Total Points: 9,554,078,274.13
P4P 1 of Bscene's Best! - jazluvr My Favorite Margo fan-bud! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Crushin View Post
Whats the diagnosis?
Bernard Hopkins says that an MRI of of his left shoulder reaffirmed he has a separated acromioclavicular, or AC joint, which connects the collar bone and shoulder blade, following a doctor's visit on Friday morning.
"I just left the doctor's office. They've diagnosed the same thing that they said that I had in California after the fight. They will have to re-evaluate it after I go through my rehab," said Hopkins, who received his his initial MRI on Monday and said that he has been "taking 500 milligrams of Motrin" for the pain.
"They said that I have to set up a thing with rehab. I have about six-to-eight weeks where I have to be able to go though rehabilitation and recovery from this injury. Then I've got to wait for the doctor to give me another evaluation after six-to-eight weeks."