Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Dr. Hayden Kho
Contender

Rep Power: 6 Dr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,429,369,827.90
Total Points: 5,431,112,698.41
Thumbs up Pacquiao jumps from no. 72 to 24 in bloomberg businessweek most powerful athletes

PACQUIAO JUMPS FROM NO. 72 TO 24 IN BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK MOST POWERFUL ATHLETES

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
PhilBoxing.com
Fri, 14 Oct 2011

Pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao has jumped from No. 72 last year to No. 24 in the 2011 Power Sports 100 of Bloomberg BusinessWeek.

In a statement on its choices, Bloomberg said that for the Power Sports 100, Bloomberg BusinessWeek worked with CSE, formerly known as Career Sports & Entertainment, and Businessweek.com columnist and Bloomberg TV contributor Rick Horrow of Horrow Sports Ventures to determine the 100 most powerful athletes on and off the field. “

It reported that no coaches, owners, managers, executives or retired athletes were considered while “Off-field metrics included the results of polls on individual athletes by E-Poll Market Research and estimated endorsement dollars. On-field metrics were tallied on those who outscored, out-tackled, or outskated the competition during 2009 and 2010. Sports were weighted according to their popularity in the U.S.”

In a statement articulating “What is power in sports?” the article said “ It's not simply the ability to bench-press a truck or crush a golf ball down the fairway. While such talents are impressive, there are other attributes that fans—and advertisers—value just as highly. It's the combination of athletic achievement plus the ability to connect with an audience on a deeper, more personal level that separates mere jocks from the stars. Indeed, the everyman image often earns the highest ranking and the biggest earnings. That explains why the No. 1 spot on the 2011 Power 100 ranking went to Peyton Manning, the well-liked, hard-working Colts quarterback who appeared in two of the last four Super Bowls and led his team to victory in Super Bowl XLI. “

It added, “This year, 2010's No. 1, Tiger Woods, dropped in the rankings when his once-squeaky clean image was revealed to be a sham. Still, Woods has spent an unprecedented 623 weeks atop the World Golf Rankings and in 2010 managed to rack up more than $70 million in earnings, mainly from existing endorsement deals. Even with his earnings down 32 percent from the more than $103 million he took in last year, Woods outpaced all other pro athletes. It's not just likability that moves us. Fans also love the mental toughness it takes to crush competitors and dominate a sport in the manner of Roger Federer or Shaun White.”

In its brief write up on Manny Pacquiao, Bloomberg BusinessWeek mentioned why Manny was on the list.

“Known as "Pacman the Destroyer," Manny Pacquiao is often rated as the world's pound-for-pound best boxer, with championships in eight different weight divisions. Elected to the House of Representatives in his native Philippines, Pacquiao continues to fight.”
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Bombs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,275,701,384.75
Total Points: 35,076,277,567.43
for being agile and athletic wow AND with power.. thanks I guess. awesome cool. amazing athlete. - Bombs you are a real treasure wow so much talent and gift and POWER you are a hidden gem.. okay thanks. - Bombs haha here a beer for your training to get you off track.. okay ha im too strong its okay wont affect me. - Bombs another beer get drunk and focked up in training haha.. ookay i am too powerful and good. i will be okay thanks. - Bombs get fat!! hahahahahahah nyahah. oookay hah lol nah metabolism too fast too in shape too strong amazing okay thanks. - Bombs 
okay here healthy fruit to help sorry hehe.. okayy haha. now that is protein and very good for me. i am becoming even more powerful thanks. - Bombs more fruit!!  okay wow haha cool. i am becoming too powerful. .  i am scared but okay. this power haha thanks. cool. - Bombs to the classiest gentleman on boxingscene. so gentle and classy thanks okay. cool. i try. - Bombs another wine.. get drunk LOL!!  .. woww why would you do that I thought you wanted the best for me and my training and my career. wtf?? okay cool i guess.. - Bombs here the green lantern ring so more powerful you become.. wowo hahah i am so strong and powerful. incredible. give me more lolhahah - Bombs 
Thanks, cheers! - eddie_monster Have a bottle of champagne on me, appreciate the donation brother - ThePrince For quickly becoming one of my favorite posters... - TintaBoricua nice juanma comment - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest .....entertaining poster - MANIAC310 my fave pactard, thanks for the advice - Alx. with a dildo - Ogecca MaMa from Avon, your favorite - Ogecca MaMa 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Disposable Arts Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY 

WOW!! Congrats Manny. He is not only a influential athlete but human being. Not only powerful athlete but human with great power. He is amazing. Well deserved. My infinite respect and admiration for him. He has worked hard and he deserves everything.

Good article. Thanks for sharing bro.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Dr. Hayden Kho
Contender

Rep Power: 6 Dr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Hayden Kho has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,429,369,827.90
Total Points: 5,431,112,698.41

Peyton Manning Tops Bloomberg Businessweek.com's Power 100 Ranking of the Most Powerful Athletes in Sports

Football dominates list with 27 players ranked in the top 100. NFL Quarterbacks Peyton Manning (No. 1), Tom Brady (No. 5) and Drew Brees (No. 7) listed in top 10.

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Peyton Manning (No. 1), Shaun White (No. 2) and Tiger Woods (No. 3) top the Bloomberg Businessweek.com 2011 Power 100 ranking of the most powerful professional athletes in the U.S. To determine who the 100 most powerful athletes are on- and off-the-field, Bloomberg Businessweek.com teamed up with CSE, formerly known as Career Sports & Entertainment, an integrated sports and entertainment company that connects brands with fans; E-Poll Market Research; and Rick Horrow, president of Horrow Sports Ventures and regular contributor to Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg TV, to create the 2011 Power 100 list.

As the $750 billion business of sports grows, the stakes become higher, and the decisions more meaningful. Endorsement contracts become significantly more important for the player, the team, the brand, and the industry. The Power 100 rankings are based 50 percent on "on-field" performance using a variety of industry statistics and 50 percent on "off-field" measurements, such as endorsement deals, name awareness, appeal, influence, trustworthiness, and overall popularity. The most notable drops this year include controversial Tiger Woods dropping from No. 1 to No. 3 and LeBron James dropping from No. 2 to No. 11. Olympian Shaun White's (No. 2) emergence on the list had largely to do with the fact that he excels in both a summer and winter extreme sports and crosses over to mainstream marketing with various endorsement deals. The top female athlete on the list is Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn (No. 13).

In addition, this year's Power 100 rankings also emphasize the importance of team sports, with the NFL dominating the list with 27 players ranked in the top 100. NFL quarterbacks Peyton Manning (No. 1), Tom Brady (No. 5) and Drew Brees (No. 7) are all listed in the top 10. Major League Baseball came in second with the most athletes on the Power 100, with 23, followed by the NBA basketball (18), golf (7), motorsports (7), tennis (6), Olympics (5), hockey (3), soccer (2), boxing (1), cycling (1).

The 2011 Power 100
Top 20

Rank Name Sport
1 Peyton Manning Football
2 Shaun White Olympics
3 Tiger Woods Golf
4 Phil Mickelson Golf
5 Tom Brady Football
6 Shaquille O***8217;Neal Basketball
7 Drew Brees Football
8 Lance Armstrong Olympics
9 Albert Pujols Baseball
10 Apolo Anton Ohno Olympics
11 LeBron James Basketball
12 Michael Phelps Olympics
13 Lindsey Vonn Olympics
14 Kobe Bryant Basketball
15 Roger Federer Tennis
16 Eli Manning Football
17 Serena Williams Tennis
18 David Beckham Soccer
19 Dwyane Wade Basketball
20 Lee Westwood Golf
The Power 100 special report is available on Businessweek.com at http://www.businessweek.com/go/11/power100_2011/
Old 10-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Hyacinth
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Hyacinth is infamous around these partsHyacinth is infamous around these partsHyacinth is infamous around these partsHyacinth is infamous around these partsHyacinth is infamous around these partsHyacinth is infamous around these partsHyacinth is infamous around these partsHyacinth is infamous around these partsHyacinth is infamous around these partsHyacinth is infamous around these partsHyacinth is infamous around these parts
Bank: 13,977,365.80
Total Points: 14,095,742.36
lil wayne and drake loves dog meat - LICH ROC 

this is mere opinion. you'd have to be an idiot if you don't think floyd should have gotten the pick for boxer. floyd generates more money, fans, ppv shares, demanding and receiving OST, 24/7 king, cursing out larry merchant live on hbo and they'll never get rid of him, etc.

basically, the article is a joke.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Seleção No. 13
Noblesse oblige

Rep Power: 18 Seleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 117,471,268.24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
this is mere opinion. you'd have to be an idiot if you don't think floyd should have gotten the pick for boxer. floyd generates more money, fans, ppv shares, demanding and receiving OST, 24/7 king, cursing out larry merchant live on hbo and they'll never get rid of him, etc.

I honestly don't care for the list either, but you seem a bit butt hurt?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:43 PM
GreatestIam
GreatestIam

Rep Power: 16 GreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,153,523.11
Total Points: 53,843,375.52

No Floyd...lol he made in 1 fight what manny has made his last 3
Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Sin City
la mala vida

Rep Power: 124 Sin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,675,740,229.75
Total Points: 42,120,115,876.29
No Message - texanballer For posting the new Bill Maher Religulous trailer!  And you're a good poster too! - abosworth For stickin with SSM. You called it - El Dominicano Happy 21st!! - Tek My Pounches Cheers for your B-day homey - mangler 
happy birthday sin....drink til you spin homie - Makavelli Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO To a good soul - starjammer Happy Paddys Day!! - starjammer Here have a beer, you did pay for it after all :) - GreatJoe 
For not bitching - D.I.E.S.E.L Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler No Message - -veteran420- Well Deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
you are a homie who loves spanish willy - Kia Ora To the Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - Flab Thanks Dude - Berges Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 

Quote:

Floyd isn't active enough to be on there.. Pacquiao stays fighting, Floyd doesn't.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Sin City
la mala vida

Rep Power: 124 Sin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,675,740,229.75
Total Points: 42,120,115,876.29
No Message - texanballer For posting the new Bill Maher Religulous trailer!  And you're a good poster too! - abosworth For stickin with SSM. You called it - El Dominicano Happy 21st!! - Tek My Pounches Cheers for your B-day homey - mangler 
happy birthday sin....drink til you spin homie - Makavelli Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO To a good soul - starjammer Happy Paddys Day!! - starjammer Here have a beer, you did pay for it after all :) - GreatJoe 
For not bitching - D.I.E.S.E.L Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler No Message - -veteran420- Well Deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
you are a homie who loves spanish willy - Kia Ora To the Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - Flab Thanks Dude - Berges Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatestIam View Post
No Floyd...lol he made in 1 fight what manny has made his last 3
You've seen their payouts personally?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Double_L
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Double_L has a reputation beyond reputeDouble_L has a reputation beyond reputeDouble_L has a reputation beyond reputeDouble_L has a reputation beyond reputeDouble_L has a reputation beyond reputeDouble_L has a reputation beyond reputeDouble_L has a reputation beyond reputeDouble_L has a reputation beyond reputeDouble_L has a reputation beyond reputeDouble_L has a reputation beyond reputeDouble_L has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 627,243,108,221.99
Total Points: 625,818,245,206,829.75
Thanks for the info - Lazerjab 

The list seems pretty wack to me. Shaun White at number 2? Come on. Tiger, Lebron, Kobe, among others should be above him. Unless Shaun has some massive international popularity and/or endorsements I'm not aware of (Stride Gum? Lol I'll give him Red Bull) I don't think he should be up there.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 PM
treason1
Banned

Rep Power: 0 treason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,345,422.78
Total Points: 16,934,969.01
fair and unbiased fan !!!! ....................jk pactard - Antagonist 

Quote: