Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 PM
AnimalisticMeth
Casper the friendly Cotto

Rep Power: 16 AnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,892,519.24
It's really a hi-def 46" lcd!  Watch the fights! - jazluvr449 Cotto fought real hard and that's what matters. - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Default Cotto's Evolution Comes Full Circle as He Goes Back To Familiar Style

http://f i g h t h y p e.com/pages/content10908.html

Nice article about Cotto's style over the years.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Bombs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,275,701,384.75
Total Points: 35,076,277,748.43
for being agile and athletic wow AND with power.. thanks I guess. awesome cool. amazing athlete. - Bombs you are a real treasure wow so much talent and gift and POWER you are a hidden gem.. okay thanks. - Bombs haha here a beer for your training to get you off track.. okay ha im too strong its okay wont affect me. - Bombs another beer get drunk and focked up in training haha.. ookay i am too powerful and good. i will be okay thanks. - Bombs get fat!! hahahahahahah nyahah. oookay hah lol nah metabolism too fast too in shape too strong amazing okay thanks. - Bombs 
okay here healthy fruit to help sorry hehe.. okayy haha. now that is protein and very good for me. i am becoming even more powerful thanks. - Bombs more fruit!!  okay wow haha cool. i am becoming too powerful. .  i am scared but okay. this power haha thanks. cool. - Bombs to the classiest gentleman on boxingscene. so gentle and classy thanks okay. cool. i try. - Bombs another wine.. get drunk LOL!!  .. woww why would you do that I thought you wanted the best for me and my training and my career. wtf?? okay cool i guess.. - Bombs here the green lantern ring so more powerful you become.. wowo hahah i am so strong and powerful. incredible. give me more lolhahah - Bombs 
Thanks, cheers! - eddie_monster Have a bottle of champagne on me, appreciate the donation brother - ThePrince For quickly becoming one of my favorite posters... - TintaBoricua nice juanma comment - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest .....entertaining poster - MANIAC310 my fave pactard, thanks for the advice - Alx. with a dildo - Ogecca MaMa from Avon, your favorite - Ogecca MaMa 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Disposable Arts Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY 

Living legend.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:25 PM
AnimalisticMeth
Casper the friendly Cotto

Rep Power: 16 AnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalisticMeth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,892,519.24
It's really a hi-def 46&amp;quot; lcd!  Watch the fights! - jazluvr449 Cotto fought real hard and that's what matters. - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

If you watch Cotto's early fights you will see he didn't take that many chances and had good defence over the years he changed in to a brawler in my opinion 1) Because his body had mature and he was bigger than his opponents and 2) Because he wanted to become more fan friendly.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:11 PM
-Huey-
The Money Team

Rep Power: 28 -Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 179,237,648,697,745.56
Total Points: 179,237,649,213,585.44
thread-would jesus forgive margarito? Post #6 - jazluvr449 No Message - -Huey- and you'll take care of the second one.... alriiiiight - Rockin' most underated poster - BostonGuy b-day boy - project xxx1 
congratulations fam - Larryx2011 for being good sport in the, &quot;start rumors&quot; thread - jose830 happy birthday - hhs661 Happy Birthday :kiss: - Bossy No Message - dan_cov 
Happy birthday. - dan_cov Happy Birthday bro! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you. - jose830 :D - happyman 
WINNER!! Correctly guessing Rees' height, 5'4&quot;!! - thuggery 10 days in the slammer is not easy,  have some real food - jose830 beer on bday boy. - led Happy Belated birthday - -jose- courtesy of Arum's Protection Plan, IDIOT!  :lol1:  :lol1: - Kuyukut 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 

I don't see how anyone could hate this man. Cotto is a warrior!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 PM
intoccabile
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 intoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 101,661,936.54
for you son - Lakas for your boyfriend - Lakas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Lakas Gay and Lesbian Pride - Lakas Gay and Lesbian Pride - Lakas 
Send a message via AIM to intoccabile Send a message via Yahoo to intoccabile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
If you watch Cotto's early fights you will see he didn't take that many chances and had good defence over the years he changed in to a brawler in my opinion 1) Because his body had mature and he was bigger than his opponents and 2) Because he wanted to become more fan friendly.
No.. just no.

Cotto was a pressure fighter, but only against fighters who gave him the majority of the ring. Against elite comp cotto has proven to be more of a boxer. At the elite level, cotto is NOT a pressure fighter and that is something people fail to understand. There is a reason he's used his bike in every fight where his opponent pressed... and all of his best performances are when his opponent tried to use their bike against him.

He's best when pressuring, but is ONLY comfortable doing it if his opponent is backing up. Otherwise.. he will find a home on his heels.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 PM
ny123
WBGC GOLD CHAMPION

Rep Power: 24 ny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,284,906,763,800.99
Total Points: 2,285,965,871,412.04
you'll need it after Rafa and El dinero vaca end PR boxing ;) - Dick Buffman 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoccabile View Post
No.. just no.

Cotto was a pressure fighter, but only against fighters who gave him the majority of the ring. Against elite comp cotto has proven to be more of a boxer. At the elite level, cotto is NOT a pressure fighter and that is something people fail to understand. There is a reason he's used his bike in every fight where his opponent pressed... and all of his best performances are when his opponent tried to use their bike against him.

He's best when pressuring, but is ONLY comfortable doing it if his opponent is backing up. Otherwise.. he will find a home on his heels.
Not true. Cotto in his early fights did box a lot.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:29 PM
intoccabile
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 intoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 101,661,936.54
for you son - Lakas for your boyfriend - Lakas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Lakas Gay and Lesbian Pride - Lakas Gay and Lesbian Pride - Lakas 
Send a message via AIM to intoccabile Send a message via Yahoo to intoccabile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
Not true. Cotto in his early fights did box a lot.
He matured into a pressure fighter though, which he has proven to be better at than boxing. He doesn't have confidence in his pressure though against other pressure fighters, hence why he's given them the ring. Torrez, Clottey, Mosley, Abdullaev, Margarito, Pacman.

The 1 knock against him as he was climbing the ranks was that he would take breaks and relax on the ropes, now the big knock is that he poses and admires his work too much.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 PM
ny123
WBGC GOLD CHAMPION

Rep Power: 24 ny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,284,906,763,800.99
Total Points: 2,285,965,871,412.04
you'll need it after Rafa and El dinero vaca end PR boxing ;) - Dick Buffman 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoccabile View Post
He matured into a pressure fighter though, which he has proven to be better at than boxing. He doesn't have confidence in his pressure though against other pressure fighters, hence why he's given them the ring. Torrez, Clottey, Mosley, Abdullaev, Margarito, Pacman.

The 1 knock against him as he was climbing the ranks was that he would take breaks and relax on the ropes, now the big knock is that he poses and admires his work too much.
I agree somewhat but even in his early careeragainst lesser opposition he did box even when he didn't necessarily have to.If you watch the Ndou fight he also was on his backfoot a lot. Imo he is more effective when he comes forward a bit more but as you said that depends on his opponents style.