Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-01-2011, 09:38 AM
catskills23
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 catskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,502,845.66
to a legendary poster, and tyson student - jreckoning This goes out to the ATG of posters Hall of famer CATSKILLS23 this one's 4 you bruv..Do us proud!!! - The Gully Gad 
Default How would you rate a young Corrie Sanders handspeed?.

How would his handspeed compare with a young Tyson?.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-01-2011, 10:37 AM
catskills23
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 catskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond reputecatskills23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,502,845.66
to a legendary poster, and tyson student - jreckoning This goes out to the ATG of posters Hall of famer CATSKILLS23 this one's 4 you bruv..Do us proud!!! - The Gully Gad 

Old 10-01-2011, 11:25 AM
RichCCFC
46-0

Rep Power: 37 RichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 83,316,410,575,516.58
Total Points: 83,322,411,201,164.02
ricktastic! - mickey gomez Joe Calzaghe is a great fighter! - Tunney This is Joe Calzaghe. You left this in my ass last night. I washed it good and wanted to give it back to you. - Mizzou Joe Calzaghe - Tunney bluebirds! - Sir TomJones 
Merry Christmas - Flab Happy New Year - Freedom. 

no...............
Old 10-01-2011, 11:37 AM
gauze
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 gauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond reputegauze has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,654,991,990,068.68
Total Points: 1,654,991,999,786.04

eh, forget the tyson comparison. i've never seen a young/prime sanders but old sanders...thats one of the fastest southpaw heavyweights i've ever seen. as far as heavyweights go he's definitely above average
Old 10-01-2011, 11:44 AM
TheGreatA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 395,873,498,058.50
Total Points: 396,873,751,551.36
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 

He had some decent speed but his technique wasn't all there.

With Tyson, not only was he fast, but his punches were incredibly compact for the most part. During the latter part of his career he still had speed but not his technique and as a result it was easier to see his punches coming.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:53 AM
x3_bazooka_x3
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 x3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond reputex3_bazooka_x3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 122,669.12
Total Points: 30,155,059.52
To boxing! Take care, man! - TintaBoricua 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauze View Post
eh, forget the tyson comparison. i've never seen a young/prime sanders but old sanders...thats one of the fastest southpaw heavyweights i've ever seen. as far as heavyweights go he's definitely above average
Yo I have several young Corrie Sanders fights on VHS, and let me tell you this, he didnt compair to tysons speed because Tyson had another demension with that speed, Mike was good at slipping his way in, or rolling in or rolling under stepping around and getting in at an angle not expected.

But The speed, alone, was close to mikes, and this is a big heavyweight we are talking about.
I mean he had too much size, speed and power and the guy was tuff lets face it he is a tuff SOB, but he was beating the ****ing breaks off Bert Cooper and Bobby Czyz if I spelled his last name correctly, He destroyed both guys early made it look like they didnt even belong in the ring with him.

I have both of those fights, and when you watch them the beatings so quick and brutal you cant even call it a mismatch, its more less a mercey killing
Old 10-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Mr. Invincible
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Invincible has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Invincible has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Invincible has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Invincible has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Invincible has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Invincible has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Invincible has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Invincible has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Invincible has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Invincible has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Invincible has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,116,282,334.28
Total Points: 1,464,036,650.52
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. for supporting the heavyweight champs - Freedom. Im sure you can use another one! Lol!! - JAB5239 a gift we can all enjoy - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills23 View Post
Sanders straght left was top ten fastest in the heavyweight division.

It's hard to tell how they compare because Tyson's shots were so compact and travelled so short.

I say speed for distance travelled, Sanders was faster.