Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-25-2011, 10:49 PM
jkaisen41
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 jkaisen41 has a brilliant futurejkaisen41 has a brilliant futurejkaisen41 has a brilliant futurejkaisen41 has a brilliant futurejkaisen41 has a brilliant futurejkaisen41 has a brilliant futurejkaisen41 has a brilliant futurejkaisen41 has a brilliant futurejkaisen41 has a brilliant futurejkaisen41 has a brilliant futurejkaisen41 has a brilliant future
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 278,533.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupocity303 View Post
You knobs, I've seen this when the whole Margarito-Mayweather storyline was at it's peak. Some of you just finding out about it now?

It's been argued to death, I guess all the posters of that era are retired and new retards have taken their place.

Watched the beginning with Arum talking. LOL, the guy was stuttering because even he felt ashamed of his hypocrisy. He says that if Floyd doesn't wanna fight Margarito, he doesn't have to as long as he admits he is scared of a stronger, bigger Welterweight who is better than him.

Fast forward to 2010-2011, and he is burying Tim Bradley as an attraction and ability to sell tickets, and thus will not get a shot at one of his fighters.
He is burying everyone with the exception of his in house fighters...

PPL simply don't understand... this is a BUSINESS... like it or not... a promoter will tell you today something and then he turn around and will tell you something else the next day...

I mean if Mayweather fights Mosley it's a joke - if Manny fights him it is all out action and a great match up... if Mayweather fights Marquez at WW it is a joke but if Manny fights him at WW it is the bout that everybody was waiting for... we all know what it is...

I never understood what the fuzz is all about because like everyone said: Margarito isn't a great fighter... ppl acting like Mayweather ain't fought Leonard, Robinson, Duran, Heanrs, Hagler, Jones, Hopkins in one fighter and it will hunt his legacy *loooooooooool* when all is said and done Margarito won't be remembered for anything (exception for his wraps and that he was allowed to continue in boxing)... I can understand folks who wanted to see the Cotto match - but Margarito I still don't understand what the fuzz is all about...

As Floyd was the best did somebody cry that Barrera/Morales were ducking him and not moving up to him and that Mosley ain't wanted none of him at 135 (moved up for DLH)... when he was the best at 140 did somebody cry about Cotto/Hatton not wanting some... it must be because it is Floyd...
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 PM
American Dream
Castillo beat Floyd IMO

Bank: 440,547,352,241.91
Total Points: 440,547,353,983.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
Again the Marg offer came prior to Baldo...So the at the time is completely accurate.

And, even then Floyd didn't have to give up money to fight Marg like he did with Baldo. So taking that into account Marg was still more, and then take into the account what the PPV would have done. And, reliable sources like Jake Donovan has said that Floyd had to give money back for the Baldo. Still makes that Marg off his career highest at the time.
And, I don't know why you think Floyd is Marg worse nightmare. Maybe you really weren't following Marg closely at the time. Which I don't blame you, he was ignore for the most part of his career. Therefor no one noticed the danger he brought. Only fighters and people who were following the division closely could know.

Brian Kenny doesn't speak for boxing community.
tell me when the Baldo deal came up?
not when it was signed. when it was put on the table?
the Marg fight was was offered after the Judah fight..you really think Floyd wasnt in talks to make the Baldo fight after getting all the bad press for fighting Judah instead of him. I remember Floyd specifically saying he chose the Baldo one because it came with the lc..just because it made big noise that Floyd turned down the 8 mil Marg fight, dont think he wasnt already in talks making the Baldo for only $1 more..also I dont get what you mean Brian Kenny speaking for boxing community..are you claiming he was the only one saying Floyd must face Baldo..and that HBO wasnt saying that as well?...trainers werent saying this?..everyone included in boxing was saying this. but people have amnesia on this particular period.
I have already explained to you why Floyd is Margs worst nightmare..no not because a one dimensional blood and guts fighter will have a war with him and make him look "great"..but because a skilled boxer will give him a boxing clinic and make him look less than ordinary..something Floyd is good at doing. it looks much better when Gatti fights Ward in an all out war, giving and taking hard shots..than simply getting outclassed by a slick fighter..wash, rinse, repeat. Ive been involved in this sport alot longer than you think. I know Margs career..wasnt impressed then, am not now.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:03 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 77 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,941,586.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dream View Post
tell me when the Baldo deal came up?
not when it was signed. when it was put on the table?
the Marg fight was was offered after the Judah fight..you really think Floyd wasnt in talks to make the Baldo fight after getting all the bad press for fighting Judah instead of him. I remember Floyd specifically saying he chose the Baldo one because it came with the lc..just because it made big noise that Floyd turned down the 8 mil Marg fight, dont think he wasnt already in talks making the Baldo for only $1 more..also I dont get what you mean Brian Kenny speaking for boxing community..are you claiming he was the only one saying Floyd must face Baldo..and that HBO wasnt saying that as well?...trainers werent saying this?..everyone included in boxing was saying this. but people have amnesia on this particular period.
I have already explained to you why Floyd is Margs worst nightmare..no not because a one dimensional blood and guts fighter will have a war with him and make him look "great"..but because a skilled boxer will give him a boxing clinic and make him look less than ordinary..something Floyd is good at doing. it looks much better when Gatti fights Ward in an all out war, giving and taking hard shots..than simply getting outclassed by a slick fighter..wash, rinse, repeat. Ive been involved in this sport alot longer than you think. I know Margs career..wasnt impressed then, am not now.
The Baldo deal was negotiated after his buyout. He negotiated with Goosen. Had a deal with Goosen but later backed out of the deal.

And, Marg was also offered for Floyd prior to the Judah fight.

And, Marg brought stuff that would have troubled Floyd as well. It wouldn't have been an easy as you making it out to be.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Berry Picker
I love to pick

Rep Power: 54 Berry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 607,156,669,164.05
Total Points: 619,207,316,414.78
your a good poster. - RJJ The Truth Thanks for your time amigo - anonymousboxing Top Notch Poster - Perro salud homie - Makavelli I know, I would of shit all over Cotto if it was him. - Ch@mpBox@PR 
No KO but still a nice win for your man Pwill! - BattlingNelson For speakin the truth homey - mangler the ownage on your thread deserves a drink - Makavelli Top poster. Cheers big dawg - mangler Here's to real talk - MANGLER 
Viva los Fish Tacos - Libido Sanchez flomo killa deserves a beer - -pound4pound- pinoys and mexicans dont just drink 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- smart mofo, a gift homie, that is all - Tha_Greatest You hold the record for quickest ban, congrats!!! - WarFace 
great poster, keep owning the racists that lurk this forum - Band-Aid have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier still dropping pwns daily - -MAKAVELLI- keep exposing the catchweight king FM - hectari stay gold - sugarsmosley 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
Exactly, no link. You like to make up history with J-hosales.

Floyd never said Margarito was easy work. Turns out Floyd would've fought Margarito for 8 mil, but Arum couldn't guarantee Floyd the 10 mil he wanted in the following fights. This forced Floyd to break his contract with Arum.

These are facts. Or as you might put it "fax".

I made a thread, just for you.

Just to show the board how much about boxing you really don't know.

"Where you be at man? *****s be bucking
Why you never bucking, where you be at man?"
Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 PM
American Dream
Castillo beat Floyd IMO

Bank: 440,547,352,241.91
Total Points: 440,547,353,983.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
The Baldo deal was negotiated after his buyout. He negotiated with Goosen. Had a deal with Goosen but later backed out of the deal.

And, Marg was also offered for Floyd prior to the Judah fight.

And, Marg brought stuff that would have troubled Floyd as well. It wouldn't have been an easy as you making it out to be.
Baldo also wanted the Floyd fight before the Judah fight as well.
and the Baldo deal was negotiated after his buyout, as you said..
his buyout was following the Judah fight..and Floyd has stated he chose the Baldo deal..over the Marg deal..
anyways its been good debating with you..dont come on here often anymore.