Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-18-2011, 07:49 AM
T.Mag56
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,129.70
Default Life Lessons.

There were a few life lessons that I've learned from this fight. 1.) Protect yourself at all times. 2.) Play fair, or it might come back to bite you. 3.) Win honorably, and respectfully. 4.) Don't be a Joe Cortez; be aware, be diligent, or don't do it at all..., whatever it is.

Cortez proved to be a liability in this fight, and although he's had a great career as a referee, he should've retired years ago (for various reasons). His lack of control, foresight and direction could've been incredibly dangerous for a promising 24 year old fighter, who believed the fight to be on a break, and was waiting for Cortez's affirmative direction before he was hit with two surprise punches that knocked him unconscious. While lesson #1 certainly applies, what Mayweather did only increases my dislike for his character, and I believe most people objectively see it the same way. Who wants to win this way, with your opponent looking in the opposite direction, waiting to be told to fight?

Technically, the knock out was legal, but was it conclusive and objectively fair? It's just a question. For me, it was a shame, because I felt the fight was heating up, and in no way did I feel Mayweather was dominating Victor Ortiz.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Brockton Lip
Always the Champ

Rep Power: 28 Brockton Lip has a reputation beyond reputeBrockton Lip has a reputation beyond reputeBrockton Lip has a reputation beyond reputeBrockton Lip has a reputation beyond reputeBrockton Lip has a reputation beyond reputeBrockton Lip has a reputation beyond reputeBrockton Lip has a reputation beyond reputeBrockton Lip has a reputation beyond reputeBrockton Lip has a reputation beyond reputeBrockton Lip has a reputation beyond reputeBrockton Lip has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,640,681,607.58
Total Points: 47,654,188,046.08
you deserve more of these - Alx. 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Mag56 View Post
There were a few life lessons that I've learned from this fight. 1.) Protect yourself at all times. 2.) Play fair, or it might come back to bite you. 3.) Win honorably, and respectfully. 4.) Don't be a Joe Cortez; be aware, be diligent, or don't do it at all..., whatever it is.

Cortez proved to be a liability in this fight, and although he's had a great career as a referee, he should've retired years ago (for various reasons). His lack of control, foresight and direction could've been incredibly dangerous for a promising 24 year old fighter, who believed the fight to be on a break, and was waiting for Cortez's affirmative direction before he was hit with two surprise punches that knocked him unconscious. While lesson #1 certainly applies, what Mayweather did only increases my dislike for his character, and I believe most people objectively see it the same way. Who wants to win this way, with your opponent looking in the opposite direction, waiting to be told to fight?

Technically, the knock out was legal, but was it conclusive and objectively fair? It's just a question. For me, it was a shame, because I felt the fight was heating up, and in no way did I feel Mayweather was dominating Victor Ortiz.
I'd have to agree with this one.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:03 AM
T.Mag56
Up and Comer

Thank you. I'm not necessarily an Ortiz fan, though I like the kid, and I'm not necessarily a Pacquiao fan, although I will be rooting for him against Floyd. And, this isn't because I disrespect him, he's a brilliant athlete, but I will be rooting for Manny, & this recent victory is part of that decision. Cortez will not be the ref, hopefully, and that's a good thing.

Last edited by T.Mag56; 09-18-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:21 AM
T.Mag56
Up and Comer

Would it be possible for Martinez to get a shot at Floyd?