No announcement yet.

Fact or Fiction: BHop's promise to his mother

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Hopkins was not born to mortal humans; he was spontaneously generated out of crime and hate. Hopkins simply exists, there was nothing prior nor after.
    Every time Hopkins blinks, a man is executed on the electric chair. When he sneezes, a new plague infects a city.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      Hopkins was not born to mortal humans; he was spontaneously generated out of crime and hate. Hopkins simply exists, there was nothing prior nor after.
      this is also why there are no known baby pictures of Bernard and his life seemingly picks up when he is in prison.

Hopkins is the bastard spawn of a thousand inmates sent to boxing to terrorize sodomize and pillage

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
        He meant everyone thought she was DEAD. Are you that stupid to not make the connection? PUTO
        I wasn't asking you, David Duke. And even if she was dead it doesn't change the fact that he "had" a Mother. Go take some reading and English comprehension courses, Igor.
        Last edited by joseph5620; 09-06-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
          I've heard a rumor that BHop promised his mother on her death bed that he would stop fighting by the age of 41. I've looked for proof of this but have never been able to find the interview. Is this just a rumor or did Bernard actually promise this?
          Fact he talked about it constantly as he approached his birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Heeb View Post
            What the fuck does this mean?
            I suppose what you're saying is that you don't understand English. Well I'll enlighten you, and I hope you thank me for it. Hopkins was over 40 years old, and had never mentioned his mother before, although he expressed himself about and everything else and anybody under then sun, often in pretty nasty language.

So to suddenly find, that underneath Hopkins' sinister, brutal looking exterior, he had feelings of sentimentality enough to make and KEEP a promise to a "dying mother" was more than surprising. Many of his age and younger, didn't have mothers any more.

I for one, found it hard to believe, and felt it was his "out", an excuse, because he had been beaten, and maybe felt like quitting, although, of course, at that time, he had NEVER ever admitted to having been beaten by anyone, including his clear loss to Roy Jones.

I felt that if he wanted to do anything, like continue boxing when he was still good, a little thing like a "promise to a mother" woudn't stop him......And, as it turned put................

I hope you appreciate the time I've taken to enlighten you, even though you asked in pretty crude terms.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              Fact he talked about it constantly as he approached his birthday.
              Now that you mention it, you are correct, he did mention it several times.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                I wasn't asking you, David Duke. And even if she was dead it doesn't change the fact that he "had" a Mother. Go take some reading and English comprehension courses, Igor.
                Yes MEDVED is absolurely correct, that is exactly what I meant, and it is YOU who needs the reading comprehension courses, or else you are just looking for a row. I've just explained it in another post, adding, of course, as I usually do, a few succinct tidbits when I feel that a post is antagonistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                  Thats cold lying to your own mother on her death bed.
                  EXACTLY. Breaking a Sacred Promise. My own dear mother has been gone 42 years and I made a promise to her that I moved here to Panama, to carry out. It took 40 years but was always on my mind.

Comment

Yes, Hopkins made the promise.....

He quickly then broke it, after he saw all the $$$ that was on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Yes, Hopkins made the promise.....

He quickly then broke it, after he saw all the $$$ that was on the table.
                      A thing about Hopkins' "promise" is that we don't really know if he ever made that promise. It sort of sounded nice, and made him seem more human, when he had the most vile and inhuman reputation as an unrepentant Gaolbird and other things. And he wasn't known for the truth. He has only become regarded as more rehabilitated....sort of....since he became a partial "businessman" as a dummy partner in Golden Balls with Oscar.

We know from Barrera, Mosley and Marquez that these Golden Balls partnerships are just "smoke and mirrors", of no monetary value, and these guys had no power nor position of any kind but were just used for their names and appearances at weigh-ins and on platforms etc.

Which is perfectly understandable, and I never expected anything else, in fact I wrote about this a few times in the past. Why should Oscar hand over a valuable share of his own business to a few semi-illiterate otherwise business-useless guys, etc,etc. Of course being appointed the Golden Balls East Coast director, and West Coast Director, and Mexican Director or whatever they were called, gave Golden Balls the impression of a large, rapidly expanding company growing by leaps and bounds into a HUGE company (Probably to try to immitate Top Rank which is a genuinely HUGE company).

I always felt there was nothing to it. In checking net worths the other day I found that Oscar, contrary to what's generally thought, is NOT nearly a billionaire, but worth a total of $175 mill. His avowed ambition to be a billionaire will likely be realised, if all goes well, only when he's about Arum's age. As I well know from a lifetime of money experience, "money doesn't grow on trees......" and takes a lot of hard work and planning and a HUGE heap of luck.

Anyway, to get back to Hopkins' "promise". If he made one, well, he broke it when it suited him....which was pretty soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X