Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 08-30-2011, 10:22 AM
iLLz
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,688.10
Send a message via MSN to iLLz
Default life question

hey all,

ive been boxing on and off for about 5 years (proper ABA registered gym, coaches etc) had 9 contents, can honestly put my hands up and say that during those 5 years never been 100% fit or dedicated, 70% maximum...ive stopped boxing now for about the last year.

im 20 and 6 feet tall, weigh 76 kilos at the moment even though my fighting weight has always been 70-72.. for the past year i havent done a mile of roadwork, all ive been eating is crap, mcds kfc etc... but the love of boxing has just been burning me up for the past 3 months..and i havent done anything about it... now heres the question...is 20 years old too old to make myself into a pro boxer? this time im ready to dedicate 110% and i know that if im too make it i need to start now...

what would you guys advise? do you think at 20 if i reincarnate myself i can still go far?

thanks in advance for all your replies
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Rip Chudd
1 John 2:22

Rep Power: 35 Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,526,288,983,317,623,040.00
Total Points: 1,526,288,983,317,625,344.00
Happy Holidays Chip! - Lorily Yeah that's right - Rip Chudd Lollllllllllllllll drink it down with some pepsi - -Kev- e-billionaire - MANIAC310 for being richer than me for a couple hours - MANIAC310 
Cheers! - iBreakbeat Just have a beer bro - led Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader 
twenty! - MANIAC310 Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 :luvbed: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Definitely not too late man. I think Tarver didn't turn pro til his late 20's. There are a few more boxers who've done it as well. As long as you're dedicated I think you can do it man.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:34 AM
iLLz
Amateur

thanks man... another thing which will give me the drive is that i already got a stable career so i will need to put myself into boxing 110% to get my success...i know its a long bumpy road though...
Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 4 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of
Total Points: 10,074,554.65

never too late! but once you become a pro you can't quit half way through, so if you have the guts and dedication, train hard, eat well and don't over train. don't give up this time though, there are no second chances once you enter the world of the professionals! good luck and stay safe
Old 08-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Rip Chudd
1 John 2:22

Rep Power: 35 Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,526,288,983,317,623,040.00
Total Points: 1,526,288,983,317,625,344.00
Happy Holidays Chip! - Lorily Yeah that's right - Rip Chudd Lollllllllllllllll drink it down with some pepsi - -Kev- e-billionaire - MANIAC310 for being richer than me for a couple hours - MANIAC310 
Cheers! - iBreakbeat Just have a beer bro - led Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader 
twenty! - MANIAC310 Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 :luvbed: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Got any of your sparring videos you can post?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:52 AM
iLLz
Amateur

sorry cuz...no videos of me at all...can get some videos of me on heavy bag but hey anyone can look a million bucks on the bags or pads but be crap in the ring...

infact..thinking about it...i do have some dvds of a few of my fights, but i would have no idea how to put em on on the net?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Mohammedini
Malaakh

Rep Power: 6 Mohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 643,121,892.07
Total Points: 1,849,717,856.17
you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. you can pretend it's Cassius Clay's dick - Freedom. enjoy - Barnburner 

I think you should go Amateur first. You can be an amateur until you are 34 so you have time to do it. I mean it isn't good to throw yourself into pro even if you met a bum, they will probably have a lot more experience then you via amateur. I say do AB for a year so you get more experience and can develop more. If you have the possibility fight as many Ab matches you can get. AB will get you in excellent shape and would make you disciplined in fear of making a fool out of yourself infront of your coaches and gymmates
Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 PM
..El Chacal..
.::Orgullo Mexicano::.

Rep Power: 21 ..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,858,782,154.10
Total Points: 78,858,841,181.27
I bought you a box of tissues so when Cotto loses, you can wipe your eyes!!!! Hahahahaha K - HTownTexan Here is a TV to watch all the big fights!!!!! - HTownTexan And here is some junk food... We all know the big fights arent the same without some food.... - HTownTexan And come fight night.... You cant forget the beer....   So you got a TV, some food, some beer.... Have a good time watching the fight .....  Dont leave your tissue behind.... You'll need them...J/K - HTownTexan Congrats on 1000 posts - ??? 
1k...Congrats - Izrock excellant posts! - jazbo Cheers. You got good taste in pussy homey - mangler For being a great member and poster - jazluvr449 Pa Disfrutar la Victoria en Noviembre 14!Vamos Cotto Pa Guerra! Papa! - Sox8055 
Back atcha bro'!  War Cotto! - jazluvr449 Have a drink my nigguh!!! - D-Omonist Congrats on 3K, my nizzle! - mangler jr merry christmas! - shobox Merry Xmas - mangler 
happy new year - Libido Sanchez long time .... brew on me - El Mustang Feliz Navidad - El Mustang 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - The Scientist Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr449 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - street bully 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammedini View Post
I think you should go Amateur first. You can be an amateur until you are 34 so you have time to do it. I mean it isn't good to throw yourself into pro even if you met a bum, they will probably have a lot more experience then you via amateur. I say do AB for a year so you get more experience and can develop more. If you have the possibility fight as many Ab matches you can get. AB will get you in excellent shape and would make you disciplined in fear of making a fool out of yourself infront of your coaches and gymmates
You can be amateur until you're 100 years old+..lol
Old 09-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Uturn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 Uturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,170,164.34
Total Points: 101,395,684,834.34
Stevie G Sig - Merseyside one for the avi - led Funny Story - jjbj2 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - John-Locke-9-22 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - KINGPIN4LIFE Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 

It's never to late to start bro.

Look at Martinez, only hit the big time around 2 years ago. He is what 35,36?

Age is just a number. If your up to the job, then get back in there. What's stopping you!