Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 08-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Mohammedini
Malaakh

Rep Power: 6 Mohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 643,121,892.07
Total Points: 1,849,713,403.17
you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. you can pretend it's Cassius Clay's dick - Freedom. enjoy - Barnburner 

Kid I understand your desire but you need to fight Amateur before you think about going pro. Do they have a amateur program in Japan? they should have so go from there instead. Don't be crazy, Fight amateur til you are around 18. depending on how well you do then you move on to pro. it's a 100 times harder then you imagine. Every fighter has to pay there dues in the AMs to become a good boxer. In the amateurs you can make mistakes, you can take loses. In pro you can't afford to lose in your early career or you will become a bum. It's harsh but true. Look up fighter different bums on boxrec. they all start with a couple of wins then lose. Fighters that get rushed in pro usually end up with a ruined career. just look up Davey moore. He had talent but got rushed before he could develop and it ruined him
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-31-2011, 08:52 AM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 4 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,070,604.65

when we take the pro test we usually get a C level license which means a boxer can participate in a 4 R fight. After they win a coupld fights and have teh necessary stamina they move onto 6 R fights aka B level license, and then moves onto 8 or more R fights and advance to the final A level boxer. i know its ****ed up thats how it is lol. people say education is so important, im thinking of going to a university that participates in the NCBA. i mean even though i turn pro i could only fight for 4 R until i progress to the next level, i thought it will be a good experience for me to go to america and gain experience there for 4 years (until i graduate) right now i need to study like ****, get good grades so my school can possibly help me out with the fee. and do boxing at the same time. its gonna be hard for the moment, but what do you guys think about my plan?
Old 08-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19450 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,361,753,202,882.63
Total Points: 30,361,753,233,532.80
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Northern Michigan University is part of the USA boxing program. They don't have a team through the school but you can gain scholarships through usa boxing to attend Northern and train at the Olympic Training Center and possibly fight internationaly.

I had an oppertunity to get the scholarship and passed for the dumbest reasons. Looking back now they were trying to hand me gold and I didn't want it.

What ever you do with boxing is up to you but I say finish the schooling and then continue it after. Few make enough from being a fighter to make a good living. You may fight for 10 years but when its done you will need to sustain yourself by working most likely, a college education could be the difference between you being a burger flipper or a flipper of the big money corporate deals........Rockin
Old 08-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Mohammedini
Malaakh

Rep Power: 6 Mohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond reputeMohammedini has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 643,121,892.07
Total Points: 1,849,713,403.17
you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. you can pretend it's Cassius Clay's dick - Freedom. enjoy - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymayforever View Post
when we take the pro test we usually get a C level license which means a boxer can participate in a 4 R fight. After they win a coupld fights and have teh necessary stamina they move onto 6 R fights aka B level license, and then moves onto 8 or more R fights and advance to the final A level boxer. i know its ****ed up thats how it is lol. people say education is so important, im thinking of going to a university that participates in the NCBA. i mean even though i turn pro i could only fight for 4 R until i progress to the next level, i thought it will be a good experience for me to go to america and gain experience there for 4 years (until i graduate) right now i need to study like ****, get good grades so my school can possibly help me out with the fee. and do boxing at the same time. its gonna be hard for the moment, but what do you guys think about my plan?
You missed my point. Do they have a Am boxing program in japan? I bet they do cuz how else would they have people in the Olympics. Almost all countries in the Olympics has AB programs so you should think about AM before you go pro. If there is an alternative to pro then your idea isn't that good. Why rush it? you will probably will become a bum if you do. There is more to the game then just the physical aspect. The mental strengths, performing under pressure, experience and handling the stress of competition so on is something that you build up through AB. So if you can go Am but would rather throw yourself into pro then its a really bad idea. You are 15, so 2 years of AB before the trials.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:08 AM
hebi
Contender

Rep Power: 4 hebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond reputehebi has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,612.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymayforever View Post
Finding a school that has a boxing program would be the best route you could possibly take. Stay amateur for awhile, learn your skills, pursue your education, maybe move on to pros after you finish school. You are plenty young enough, there is no hurry to turn pro when you can hone your skills in the amateur ranks. This way you would cover all bases and be sure to succeed in life, and maybe get to live your dream as well.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:31 PM
moneymayforever
Contender

Rep Power: 4 moneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud ofmoneymayforever has much to be proud of

yeah we do have an amateur boxing program in japan, but my gym doesn't actually compete in the pro or amateur rings; all we have is a sparring match held once in a while with other gyms, and for some reason whenever anyone becomes an amateur fighter or pro they just go to a bigger gym. i think my coach doesn't want to raise pro's or amateurs, its funny because he really is a good trainer.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42 PM
any craic lad?
TOMDWAR

Rep Power: 16 any craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 162,581.19
great poster - El Cabron WARGARITO! - Rich Loc Jr drink up lad.. - the mesiah 

Man for every Hozumi Hasgeawa that leaves school early and becomes a successful champ theres about 50 more who fail and dont have nothing to fall back on.Should get your education first man and do abitta the ams for experience.On another note do you know when Takashi Uchiyma is fighting next?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:07 PM
moneymayforever
Contender

sorry bro, don't know about him. yeah i guess i'll just have to finish education, that is true. i might go to college so i could have a decent job in the future if something happens to me. afterall i dont have natural talent like other fighters. speaking of college, im interested in the northern michigan university. and i heard there is a boxing training program there. i'd like to train and hopefully fight there, how can i do this? if i enroll in this college can i just apply for the training?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 PM
moneymayforever
Contender

if anyone who trained here could give me some advice it would be very helpful.