Great IRISH BOXERS--- Not just based in IRELAND - Page 2 - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 07-29-2011, 04:25 PM
McGoorty
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 McGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,050,579,806.36
To a pal who I also respect a lot! - Terry A Old timer expert with great emoticon use. - Barnburner missed you around - McGoorty Cheers for the green. I'm a bit of a hothead and think I may have negged you for some trifling matter on another thread, which I now regret, so this is just an apology and hope there are no hard feelings. - It's Ovah Cheers for the green. I'm a bit of a hothead and think I may have negged you for some trifling matter on another thread, which I now regret, so this is just an apology and hope there are no hard feelings. - It's Ovah 
Top poster - Toney616 No Message - rorymac It's your honorary Warriors fan badge..wear it with pride! KA MATE!!!! - Jeff Da Maori Good thread - rorymac cheers!  eat your fish!  tasty and healthy! - uglypug 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
imho Jimmy McLarnin is the GOAT Irish fighter
He may have the best resume, I made this thread up because Les Darcy was 2nd generation Irish-Aussie. He came from along line, His Mother used to taunt Les's Father with, "the FitzPaartrick's used to beat the Darcy's oop", the Fitzpatricks were all fighting men going way back to pirate days and so were the Darcy's. That's the way of the Irish, tough and uncompromising, that's why the McLarnin's, Dempsey's were fighters. Gentleman Jim Corbett was Irish-American first gen. have you seen "Gentleman Jim" (Errol Flynn), his parents used to argue about which side of the family was responsible for Jim's fightin' genes, Ah it's the way of Irish.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-21-2011, 08:59 PM
McGoorty
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 McGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,050,579,806.36
To a pal who I also respect a lot! - Terry A Old timer expert with great emoticon use. - Barnburner missed you around - McGoorty Cheers for the green. I'm a bit of a hothead and think I may have negged you for some trifling matter on another thread, which I now regret, so this is just an apology and hope there are no hard feelings. - It's Ovah Cheers for the green. I'm a bit of a hothead and think I may have negged you for some trifling matter on another thread, which I now regret, so this is just an apology and hope there are no hard feelings. - It's Ovah 
Top poster - Toney616 No Message - rorymac It's your honorary Warriors fan badge..wear it with pride! KA MATE!!!! - Jeff Da Maori Good thread - rorymac cheers!  eat your fish!  tasty and healthy! - uglypug 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Jimmy Mclarnin is the greatest Irish fighter of all time, IMO.

One of the most elite resumes of all time and beat as many HOF'ers as the great Harry Greb (Technically).
Old 05-07-2016, 09:53 PM
SouthPawHitman
Tom Brady=GOAT

Quoted: 1583 Post(s)
Rep Power: 36 SouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,615,097.63
Calzaghe is the man!! - mathed happy birthday - LarryXXX happy birthday! - -jose- Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - -jose- 
No Message - -jose- almost 2000 gift...thanks for the green - -jose- Heres To Connor Mcgregor Bro, Were Taking Over - Rocky... Genuinely one of the funniest posters on this site. - joseph5620 No Message - -jose- 
Happy New Year bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... No Message - -jose- it's going to be the FOTY - Santa_ SOG! - Cutthroat realest ni*ga on earf - Beercules 

Andre Ward's father was 100% Irish. I think he could go down as the greatest Irish fighter ever if he beats Kovalev,Stevenson,Beterbiev.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:57 PM
SouthPawHitman
Tom Brady=GOAT

Rep Power: 36 SouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond repute
Calzaghe is the man!! - mathed happy birthday - LarryXXX happy birthday! - -jose- Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - -jose- 
No Message - -jose- almost 2000 gift...thanks for the green - -jose- Heres To Connor Mcgregor Bro, Were Taking Over - Rocky... Genuinely one of the funniest posters on this site. - joseph5620 No Message - -jose- 
Happy New Year bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... No Message - -jose- it's going to be the FOTY - Santa_ SOG! - Cutthroat realest ni*ga on earf - Beercules 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugersean15 View Post
Now that i think of IT some of the best boxer have irish in them look it up ireland=best
This is true. Even today look at the top guys in boxing and mma. Tyson Fury,AJ,Hughie Fury,Andy Lee,Carl Frampton,Katie Taylor,Conor McGregor,Joe Duffy,etc

And John Joe Nevin will be world champion in the near future.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:25 AM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science

Quoted: 2839 Post(s)
Rep Power: 69 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 75,136,827,146,453,975,040.00
Total Points: 78,736,827,146,453,991,424.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland 

Terry McGovern.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:32 AM
soul_survivor
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Rep Power: 26 soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,058,110,556,140,544.00
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 

No one in the last 50 years or so.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:33 AM
soul_survivor
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Rep Power: 26 soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
This is true. Even today look at the top guys in boxing and mma. Tyson Fury,AJ,Hughie Fury,Andy Lee,Carl Frampton,Katie Taylor,Conor McGregor,Joe Duffy,etc

And John Joe Nevin will be world champion in the near future.
McGregor just got *****ed out, AJ aint Irish you mug, Duffy hahhaaha and a woman?

I'll give you Frampton and Tyson, both top guys but far from great.

The Irish tradition of boxing is nowhere near as strong as it was in the first half of the 20th century.

In my lifetime, has there been a single great fighter from Ireland or of Irish descent?
Old 05-08-2016, 06:50 AM
The Old LefHook
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4 The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 380,200,224,557,848.50
Total Points: 380,200,224,558,055.50

A good idea for a thread. And I get to be the first poster to mention the most illustrious, wise, and arguably the greatest of them all--Mr. Tunney.

Ray Leonard (not Irish) gained boxing immortality, and probably a permanently lofty spot in all time rankings by fans and journalists et al, on a record of even fewer fights, but the right ones at the right time. Gene did miss some important black fighters of his day, but he sure fought the right white ones. I believe he was ready to sign for Harry Wills, when some boxing powers-that-be of the day stepped in to quash the idea.

He was one of the best pure boxers of his day who could also punch and who got his big chance and lived up to it. He retired undefeated heavyweight champion, having lost one fight out of five to Greb as a light heavyweight. In retirement he was a businessman millionaire who mingled among the upper classes and enjoyed gentlemanly pursuits, such as reading literature and writing books of his own. Tunney held onto his money after boxing, and even made more through investments.

So far, no one of any ethnicity in the history of the sport has matched Tunney's over all acheivments in and out of the ring, so he has to be the cream of the Irish crop, as well, as I see it
Old 05-08-2016, 04:31 PM
SouthPawHitman
Tom Brady=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_survivor View Post
McGregor just got *****ed out, AJ aint Irish you mug, Duffy hahhaaha and a woman?

I'll give you Frampton and Tyson, both top guys but far from great.

The Irish tradition of boxing is nowhere near as strong as it was in the first half of the 20th century.

In my lifetime, has there been a single great fighter from Ireland or of Irish descent?
John Duddy?
Old 05-08-2016, 04:44 PM
soul_survivor
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
John Duddy?
You're taking the piss right?

Share This With Friends

Tags
based, boxers---, great, ireland, irish

User Tag List