Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
XxLeftHook_
Contender

Rep Power: 4 XxLeftHook_ has much to be proud ofXxLeftHook_ has much to be proud ofXxLeftHook_ has much to be proud ofXxLeftHook_ has much to be proud ofXxLeftHook_ has much to be proud ofXxLeftHook_ has much to be proud ofXxLeftHook_ has much to be proud ofXxLeftHook_ has much to be proud ofXxLeftHook_ has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,075,604.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwo riggs View Post
Im looking for an affordable monthly charge in nyc.... I can't seem to find a gym that wants less than 100 bucks a month. Im curious, what do you guys shell out to get a good boxing workout??
I paid 30$ over here in Dallas,TX for 4 months and it came with a jump rope, mouth piece and 10$ extra for some 16oz Ringside Gloves but, then again its a local Police Station helping teenagers get off the streets
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-12-2011, 06:24 PM
*Khan
Banned

Rep Power: 0 *Khan is infamous around these parts*Khan is infamous around these parts*Khan is infamous around these parts*Khan is infamous around these parts*Khan is infamous around these parts*Khan is infamous around these parts*Khan is infamous around these parts*Khan is infamous around these parts*Khan is infamous around these parts*Khan is infamous around these parts*Khan is infamous around these parts
Bank: 408,333.76
Total Points: 62,927,552.42
homo - Uncle Howie homo - Uncle Howie homo - Uncle Howie homo - Uncle Howie homo - Uncle Howie 
homo - Uncle Howie homo - Uncle Howie homo - Uncle Howie homo - Uncle Howie Silly Fagget - Uncle Howie 
Silly Fagget - Uncle Howie Silly Fagget - Uncle Howie Silly Fagget - Uncle Howie Silly Fagget - Uncle Howie Silly Fagget - Uncle Howie 
Silly Fagget - Uncle Howie Silly Fagget - Uncle Howie Silly Fagget - Uncle Howie Silly Fagget - Uncle Howie kick for your racism against European boxers - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - bigdlb12 Gay and Lesbian Pride - bigdlb12 Gay and Lesbian Pride - bigdlb12 Gay and Lesbian Pride - bigdlb12 Gay and Lesbian Pride - bigdlb12 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - bigdlb12 Gay and Lesbian Pride - bigdlb12 Gay and Lesbian Pride - bigdlb12 Gay and Lesbian Pride - bigdlb12 Gay and Lesbian Pride - bigdlb12 

$57 monthly. I could do $90 to be able to spar at certain times but thats a bit too much.

I could also go to the gym Angel Manfredy came up in Gary, Indiana and its free, but its 1 hour 15 minutes long, 5 days a week and 45 min away.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 AM
GhostFighter
Contender

Total Points: 114,953.96

20 a month, but im so ****ing dirt poor that my local authority helps me pay for it up to 180 a year.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:40 AM
La_Vibora
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 La_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 472,747.69
Total Points: 1,715,605,499.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordhamboxing View Post
Clottey and Joseph Agbeko still train there I think. I train at the Morris Park Boxing Club and it's also $50 a month and is a great gym
I used to train in the Morris Park gym before I moved to Miami. I am planning to go check out the 5th street gym that Angelo Dundee and his people opened up when I have the chance.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 AM
La_Vibora
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 La_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 472,747.69
Total Points: 1,715,605,499.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
Have you boxed before? There's a gym in staten island new york it's free, The trainer Boxed most of his life, and his son is a proffesional 20+ wins 6 losses and he has another kid who's 2nd best amateur in the country and a decent gym... you'll get much more then what you pay for, but in this gym hard work get's you trained. the trainer isn't going to babysit you. Make sure you run everyday and prove it to him your working hard, and come frequently.. I mean **** it's free anyways.

We got 4 heavy bag

a small weightlifting room

a roped ring

and a bathroom

situp benches pull up bars... and room to breath. (well there's no ac so it's really hot in the summer.)

and we have loads of equipment to use if you don't have.
The best gyms to me are always the raw gyms with no ac. You know, the kinda rundown looking one, when I see those I have more respect for that than those more pretty gyms.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Takeover
Up and Comer

Total Points: 3,338.22

65 a month
Old 08-08-2011, 08:07 AM
saxofunk
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 saxofunk is infamous around these partssaxofunk is infamous around these partssaxofunk is infamous around these partssaxofunk is infamous around these partssaxofunk is infamous around these partssaxofunk is infamous around these partssaxofunk is infamous around these partssaxofunk is infamous around these partssaxofunk is infamous around these partssaxofunk is infamous around these partssaxofunk is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,799.80
Total Points: 6,832.54

100 buck omg it definitely is rape.

Last edited by saxofunk; 08-08-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Be_kind_rewind
Contender

Rep Power: 6 Be_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond reputeBe_kind_rewind has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 13,248.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Vibora View Post
The best gyms to me are always the raw gyms with no ac. You know, the kinda rundown looking one, when I see those I have more respect for that than those more pretty gyms.

People are built more tough in those type of gyms, your given the real deal. W/o the worry of running some type of company and making money the trainers can push you , and always give you the option of being a ***** and walking the **** out.