Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2011, 04:09 AM
-Swizzy-
The Bad Guy

Rep Power: 30 -Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,073,541,195,089.11
Total Points: 28,074,541,626,261.61
tua ko4 over arreola. tua ko8 over peter. war tua!!! - Left Hook Tua so i'm just a big joke to you eh? lmao - Left Hook Tua thanks. i'm quite a post whore. - Left Hook Tua thanks for supporting my thread mate - D E M Dz A here's another beer for being generous - D E M Dz A 
and something to eat with those beers...cheers mate you deserved it - D E M Dz A happy new year , canuck. - Left Hook Tua youre one of the best basketball knowledgable posters, youre a lebron fan but  you still cool - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post

lol. aight. yes, yes i can watch that and still say yes.
really??? a video with Ronaldo mostly dribbling in dead zones and not really getting anywhere. I'm sure you didn't really watch the Messi video. Cuz Messi is actually going through opponents and getting to the net. This is something he does each and every game he plays. Ronaldo pulls those tricks every onces in a while.

Great player no doubt, but he isn't as good as Messi IMO.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:55 AM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,571,212.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Zidane did drift in and out of games, I agree with that, I thought he still used to do that toward the end of his Madrid career, but by the same token, when he turned in a performance, he could win games on his own with individual brilliance, only not against lesser teams, we're talking the CL final(Leyverkusen), dragging France to the WC final under Domenech, scoring the winning goals to clinch the 98 WC, single handedly turning the England-France Euro 2004 game on its head.

Italy won 2006 WC, but Zidane was still voted player of the tourney, that says it all. Remember his performance against Italy before getting sent off?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:12 AM
SLIMY RAT
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SLIMY RAT is infamous around these partsSLIMY RAT is infamous around these partsSLIMY RAT is infamous around these partsSLIMY RAT is infamous around these partsSLIMY RAT is infamous around these partsSLIMY RAT is infamous around these partsSLIMY RAT is infamous around these partsSLIMY RAT is infamous around these partsSLIMY RAT is infamous around these partsSLIMY RAT is infamous around these parts
Bank: 392.11
Total Points: 17,493,731.85
merry christmas whyt boii - dj emzz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
Zidane did drift in and out of games, I agree with that, I thought he still used to do that toward the end of his Madrid career, but by the same token, when he turned in a performance, he could win games on his own with individual brilliance, only not against lesser teams, we're talking the CL final(Leyverkusen), dragging France to the WC final under Domenech, scoring the winning goals to clinch the 98 WC, single handedly turning the England-France Euro 2004 game on its head.

Italy won 2006 WC, but Zidane was still voted player of the tourney, that says it all. Remember his performance against Italy before getting sent off?
Glad someone else thinks this also.. for me he is easily the greatest modern day player and has a possible shout for the greatest.. he has done it on EVERY stage and has come up massively in the finals like you said.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Xercen
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Xercen is infamous around these partsXercen is infamous around these partsXercen is infamous around these partsXercen is infamous around these partsXercen is infamous around these partsXercen is infamous around these partsXercen is infamous around these partsXercen is infamous around these partsXercen is infamous around these partsXercen is infamous around these partsXercen is infamous around these parts
Bank: 32,414,627,634.04
Total Points: 32,414,693,054.36
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswizzy99 View Post
according to who?

IMO if you're just talking about the player himself, Messi is the better player no doubt.

If you want to add in team awards, than he probably won't surpass Maradona(as it looks now cuz Argentina can't compete with the top tier teams with their current roster).

But as I said, TEAM accomplishments should not define a player in soccer.
You do realise that maradona played in a very hostile era where defenders could tackle from behind and destroy your ankles. If maradona played in this era of football where a minor touch would get you sent off, he would absolutely dominate.

Team accomplishments are important and they are the reason why messi is praised to this degree. Do you really think messi would be praised to this degree if he didn't win champions league with barca..i certainly doubt it. This isn't american sports where you can talk individual players while ignoring their team skills. This is real football and teamwork maketh the man. If maradona played in this era he would destroy messi with the easy defending which would let him dribble/pass instead of defenders tackling you from behind and hacking at your ankles. Also maradona waas a tactical genius and a born leader who motivated players...messi is a born introvert who can't motivate anybody. Maradona didn't just win the world cup with an average team. He also took napoli to the championships. The first time a southern italian team won the championships.

What did messi do? he played in prolly the finest team side ever, and when he played in argentina he produces nothing. Xavi and iniesta are above him atm and so is real ronaldo and zidane.

Messi is not the greatest. He is far from eclipsing maradona.

Last edited by Xercen; 07-21-2011 at 09:03 AM..
Old 07-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,571,212.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xercen View Post
You do realise that maradona played in a very hostile era where defenders could tackle from behind and destroy your ankles. If maradona played in this era of football where a minor touch would get you sent off, he would absolutely dominate.

Team accomplishments are important and they are the reason why messi is praised to this degree. Do you really think messi would be praised to this degree if he didn't win champions league with barca..i certainly doubt it. This isn't american sports where you can talk individual players while ignoring their team skills. This is real football and teamwork maketh the man. If maradona played in this era he would destroy messi with the easy defending which would let him dribble/pass instead of defenders tackling you from behind and hacking at your ankles. Also maradona waas a tactical genius and a born leader who motivated players...messi is a born introvert who can't motivate anybody. Maradona didn't just win the world cup with an average team. He also took napoli to the championships. The first time a southern italian team won the championships.

What did messi do? he played in prolly the finest team side ever, and when he played in argentina he produces nothing. Xavi and iniesta are above him atm and so is real ronaldo and zidane.

Messi is not the greatest. He is far from eclipsing maradona.

This is precisely why Messi isn't the greatest player of all time.

I dont believe Messi has the personality, desire, leadership mentality to shine above everyone else when things aren't going well, thought he showed that against Chelsea a couple of times to

Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 07-21-2011 at 09:28 AM..