Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-02-2011, 01:23 AM
STILL_DETOX
Undisputed

Rep Power: 16 STILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 444,230,653,415.62
Total Points: 444,230,950,372.10
Autism - Infern0 
Send a message via AIM to STILL_DETOX Send a message via MSN to STILL_DETOX
Arrow Classic Frank Bruno Interview

Quote:
"Boxing is the toughest and loneliest sport in the world. You've got all the fans, lots of hangers-on jumping up and shouting different words. But when you actually go in the ring, it's a very lonely and scary place. It's just you and the other guy."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2005...xing.biography
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-02-2011, 02:35 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,738,217.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
Yes, a very poignant interview with lots of feeling. My late cousin was a ring doctor and knew Bruno well. he used to tell me about him, and always liked him, said he was a very simple, cheery kind of fellow, always in a good mood,. etc.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:32 AM
STILL_DETOX
Undisputed

Rep Power: 16 STILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 444,230,653,415.62
Total Points: 444,230,950,372.10
Autism - Infern0 
Send a message via AIM to STILL_DETOX Send a message via MSN to STILL_DETOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarg View Post
Yes, a very poignant interview with lots of feeling. My late cousin was a ring doctor and knew Bruno well. he used to tell me about him, and always liked him, said he was a very simple, cheery kind of fellow, always in a good mood,. etc.
damn, small world
Old 07-02-2011, 04:05 AM
TheAuthority
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 TheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,108,358.80

Gotta love Frank Bruno. He was one of my child hood heroes and played a big role in motivating me to start boxing.

Great guy.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:27 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,738,217.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
damn, small world
Oh yes, smaller than anyone might think, and I have relatives and friends all over the world. I just recently discovered an old cricket friend now a long retired doctor, in Sydney, Australia.

And, a couple of years ago, when I was still living in Victoria, British Columbia, a primary school girlfriend, a German refugee kid, about whom I used to dream, the image of Ingrid Bergman, (long before I ever heard of Ingrid Bergman) I found living almost next door to me, just moved in with her new husband a retired NASA scientist. Weeelll........I WAS a bit peeved........she was so beautiful even still.

More coincidences and things have happened to me than to another fellow with 6 lives.

I travelled from Dublin to London one time, and the very first day, after getting to my hotel went for a walk, in a very crowded downtown street. Out from the swing doors of a pub rushed a fellow, bang into me. who was he but the brother of my then girl friend, whome I had seen no later than the previous night when I was saying good bye to her in Dublin. He had to make an unexpected "business" trip, which it sees he spent most of in pubs. I couldn't as I was on a boxing trip. But just another co-incidence.