Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Do you agree with the Ring Magazine article?
Yes 48 78.69%
No 11 18.03%
Maybe 2 3.28%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-01-2011, 02:06 AM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 78 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,956,510.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainhard_187 View Post
Who was Pac suppose to fight considering Floyd wasnt picking up the phone? Who were Pacs chooses at Welterweight seriously? Berto NOPE, Mike Jones NOPE...

Mosley was shot when Pac fought him and was shot when Floyd fought him.. No different...

But we can raise the question "Did Shane juice up against Pac considering Shane wasnt OST tested".. That question is debatable.. or was Shane dehydrated when Floyd fought him cause Shane did look weak during the 247
Why not Berto? Who not only had a title but was rank higher than Mosley at the time. And, was prime not shot to pieces like Mosley.

So what that Mosley was "shot" against Floyd? What does that have to do with Pac? Why are you comparing Pac and Floyd? Is this your way of saying that Floyd is as great if not greater than Pac? Because, there's no other reason for you to compare Pac to a "lesser" fighter.

And, even if Shane was "juiced up" for Pac. What different does that make when he's shot to pieces? Being on PED's won't help a shot fighter.

So yes I blame Pac and everybody should blame Pac for picking a shot to pieces fighter.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Modobo3
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,013,939.83

PAC is catching all of this grief because he's suppose to be an all-time great... And when you couple all off this with the lackluster fights, that most boxing scribes, boxers, oddsmakers, his own coach and the majority of boxing fans (PAC fans included) had him picked as easily winning.

...and YES, it's his fault... He's far from this naive humble character that he portrays himself as. He knows perfectly well what he's been doing... And it's cool... He's getting paid, really paid... He's growing his brand... He's avoiding real challenges and people have grown tired of it... It really has zero to do with PBF... PAC could have shut him up a long time ago... But "HE" chose not to... Plain and simple...simple and plain... "HE" chose not to... There are real challenges that he could have taken, they might not have brought the money and whether he lost or not he would have been showered the accolades... Fighting Martinez for even if he lost he would have come out on top... And it would have forced PBF to fight Martinez or everyone would have called him a coward because the little man did and he didn't try... But if he would have won!!! OMG... He would have become friggin immortal.

If I were fortunate enough to advise him, Id tell him to hold a news conference, drop the court case, call out martinez agree to test and say screw you PBF... Because I think PBF will only fight once per year not because he's scared but because he doesn't want to pay to much in taxes... And plus, PBf has mega fight options for the next two years - Khan @ 147 in the UK in 2012 (I've been watching them line this fight up for some time now) and Saul Alvarez in 2013 @ 154. Just a hunch and both of those fights would allow PBF to get a 50 million dollar paycheck.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:15 AM
trainhard_187
Jizz on my face

Rep Power: 20 trainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,255,364.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
Why not Berto? Who not only had a title but was rank higher than Mosley at the time. And, was prime not shot to pieces like Mosley.

So what that Mosley was "shot" against Floyd? What does that have to do with Pac? Why are you comparing Pac and Floyd? Is this your way of saying that Floyd is as great if not greater than Pac? Because, there's no other reason for you to compare Pac to a "lesser" fighter.

And, even if Shane was "juiced up" for Pac. What different does that make when he's shot to pieces? Being on PED's won't help a shot fighter.

So yes I blame Pac and everybody should blame Pac for picking a shot to pieces fighter.
For one, Berto wouldnt draw flies to the arena.. Shane was a household name that sold... Dont get me wrong, I wasnt excited for the fight but it would of sold WAAAAAY more PPVs then Pac vs. Berto..

and now that Ortiz beat Berto, do you really think Pac vs. Berto would of been a serious challenge to Pac? I mean really, Shane ran he whole night and was said to "Go out gunz blazing".. Would Berto still be coming forward and attacking once he gets tagged by Pac?
Old 07-01-2011, 02:23 AM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 78 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,956,510.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainhard_187 View Post
For one, Berto wouldnt draw flies to the arena.. Shane was a household name that sold... Dont get me wrong, I wasnt excited for the fight but it would of sold WAAAAAY more PPVs then Pac vs. Berto..

and now that Ortiz beat Berto, do you really think Pac vs. Berto would of been a serious challenge to Pac? I mean really, Shane ran he whole night and was said to "Go out gunz blazing".. Would Berto still be coming forward and attacking once he gets tagged by Pac?
Oh so it's about what sells, now...There's no more "people champ" he turned into Mayweather "if it don't make dollars, then it don't make sense" wow...What a great champ...I thought he wanted to give the fans great fights...When did his mindset change?

It doesn't if Berto was a challenge or not. He was in his prime, had a title, and was ranked higher than Mosley. And, at then it would have been a better fight than the snooze fest that we had instead.

So yes you can and should blame Pac for picking on a shot to pieces fighter. I blame him. Nobody else deserves the blame but him.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:26 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 deejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 475,371,886.07
Total Points: 1,475,449,553.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
About what? Because, close fights that can go either way can't be called robberies or gift decisions? You can't be taken serious if you believe that.

Using this logic. We can say that everybody that Floyd has fought up to Castillo has been on the "down slide" of their career right? I mean if we use the "what have they done since or before"

Save face? About what? I didn't know it was a big secret that I'm a Pac fan? Yes it is my sig. You're right...How did you figure that I have Pac on my sig? You're a modern day real life Sherlock Holmes. And, if I ride Pac strap because I asked a question that you have yet been able to answer. Then by all means I ride his strap.
There was nothing close about either of those fights. That's why I can't take you seriously.

There's a difference... Mayweather fought those guys coming off impressive wins. Stop riding Pac, it certainly doesn't help your stance and it makes you look terrible, hence why you can't be taken seriously. Save face.