Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 PM
pcpc
Keepin It Real

Rep Power: 6 pcpc has a reputation beyond reputepcpc has a reputation beyond reputepcpc has a reputation beyond reputepcpc has a reputation beyond reputepcpc has a reputation beyond reputepcpc has a reputation beyond reputepcpc has a reputation beyond reputepcpc has a reputation beyond reputepcpc has a reputation beyond reputepcpc has a reputation beyond reputepcpc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 376,574,671.82
Total Points: 376,805,567.69
Default Ortiz "Maidana was scared of me i was his mandatory, I got his number" {VIDEO}

Ortiz: "I love Golden Boy, man. I have nothing at all negative or bad to say about them. They believed in me when I fell. Completely. Fell off the surface of the earth. Everybody acted like they couldn't even talk to me. I rebuilt myself, and I became this person, and then comes that fight where it was a draw -- are you kidding me? I wonder how much they paid those judges. ... I go five fights whippin' everybody, knockin' 'em out even, and I don't get any kind of credit, any kind of nothing, just another slap in the face. So I finally say, 'You know what? Everybody at 140 is fearing me at this point in time. No one wants a piece.' Maidana, I was mandatory to Maidana, and I was 'scared' of Maidana, and that didn't happen. Why? Don't ask me. Ask him."

Ortiz's claim of "mandatory" confused me at first, but then I remembered what he was talking about. It was the situation after Amir Khan became "super champion" of the WBA, and Ortiz and Maidana were the 1-2 contenders and could have fought for the "regular" title of the WBA in a rematch. Ortiz alleges Maidana turned it down. I'm not sure if it helped that Ortiz drew Peterson on the night Khan beat Maidana, but that's a whole other story.

There's a lot more after that, but this is something we'll talk about on the one-day late podcast later on Thursday. That is going to be, I warn you, probably something of a super-sized edition of the show. I've got a lot to say about Victor Ortiz (good and bad), thoughts on Mayweather the last couple of days, plenty to say about Klitschko vs Haye, and some things to say about the Sturm vs Macklin and Alexander vs Matthysse fights, so this one could get really long.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Seleção No. 13
Noblesse oblige

Rep Power: 18 Seleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond reputeSeleção No. 13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 117,475,105.24

Maidana still made you quit and you haven't gotten him back for it. Vids like this make him bitter.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Blubba
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 Blubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond reputeBlubba has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 80,971.14

yeh whatever ortiz u really have got maidana's number, then u quit. lol
Old 06-30-2011, 03:05 PM
uoykcuf
Banned

Bank: 380,681,354.58
Total Points: 381,030,272.99
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 

The guy who beat you brutally is scared of you.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:07 PM
sugersean15
The king of Boxing Scene

Rep Power: 13 sugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond reputesugersean15 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,548,282,473.72
Total Points: 9,278,710,205.71
Hilarious. - [KLTP] stream - rzagza turning green - MANIAC310 Great upload, lol - dancovboxer Keep you dry from the haters. - Kenny MF Powers 
You love it - rorymac this for u bro..MAYWEATHER MAFIA - Akhi No Message - hogwash All day! - Uncle Howie It's a brain - VEG 
Thanks - Terrel cheers bro! - Gotteskrieger For noticing Floyd drop his sparring partner in vid - BostonGuy 

it funny that ortiz says he has noting to lose what about that wbc belt he says he was going to hold for 15years lol

Last edited by sugersean15; 06-30-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:09 PM
shenmue
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 shenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond reputeshenmue has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 550,211,056,586.85
Total Points: 694,250,081,928.49
WAR Maidana! - LoadedWraps Put That Dollar on Marcos and you're gonna be rich - fundicao 

Maidana isn't scared of Ortiz, Hell Maidana isn't scared of anybody. I would really love to see this rematch though and i believe Maidana beats him again.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Nuurzhaelan
Anathema

Rep Power: 13 Nuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond reputeNuurzhaelan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 358,412,750.43
Total Points: 383,434,625.57
Great poster and NSB member! - jazluvr449 you're a top quality poster - Carnivore 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpc View Post

Ortiz: "I love Golden Boy, man. I have nothing at all negative or bad to say about them. They believed in me when I fell. Completely. Fell off the surface of the earth. Everybody acted like they couldn't even talk to me. I rebuilt myself, and I became this person, and then comes that fight where it was a draw -- are you kidding me? I wonder how much they paid those judges. ... I go five fights whippin' everybody, knockin' 'em out even, and I don't get any kind of credit, any kind of nothing, just another slap in the face. So I finally say, 'You know what? Everybody at 140 is fearing me at this point in time. No one wants a piece.' Maidana, I was mandatory to Maidana, and I was 'scared' of Maidana, and that didn't happen. Why? Don't ask me. Ask him."

Ortiz's claim of "mandatory" confused me at first, but then I remembered what he was talking about. It was the situation after Amir Khan became "super champion" of the WBA, and Ortiz and Maidana were the 1-2 contenders and could have fought for the "regular" title of the WBA in a rematch. Ortiz alleges Maidana turned it down. I'm not sure if it helped that Ortiz drew Peterson on the night Khan beat Maidana, but that's a whole other story.

There's a lot more after that, but this is something we'll talk about on the one-day late podcast later on Thursday. That is going to be, I warn you, probably something of a super-sized edition of the show. I've got a lot to say about Victor Ortiz (good and bad), thoughts on Mayweather the last couple of days, plenty to say about Klitschko vs Haye, and some things to say about the Sturm vs Macklin and Alexander vs Matthysse fights, so this one could get really long.
Ortiz is a nice kid and I am glad that he made good for himself...but this is WAY over the top. I am not a follower of Maidana, but I don't for a second believe that he's afraid of Ortiz.