Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-22-2011, 03:19 PM
GranTorino
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 GranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond reputeGranTorino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,991,214.64
Total Points: 68,063,716.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewito View Post
his record....also he will beat haye...people tend to forget haye's crappy 2 heavyweight fights...he should of fought arreola instead..... anyways,it is boring the way he fights,but funny thing is he keeps on winning and still selling out arenas in germany....
I would have sold my nads to see Arreola go toe to toe with him.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-22-2011, 06:00 PM
j.one
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 j.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond reputej.one has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,057,905.07

He bum fought and made sure he didnt face speed and power at the same time, plus he fought guys who were over weight.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:48 AM
slimshandy69
I HAVE OBAMA TATTOO!

Rep Power: 13 slimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,692,661.69
You're quite an excellent poster - thuggery Well deserved - Szef99 Solid poster - Weltschmerz superb post about Lomachenko, he is a beast and P4P DESTINE - thuggery top poster - Freedom2014 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
Vitali and Wlad are BUMS! Look at the records, David Aye is da real champion bruv, he has mopped up da Havyweight division bruv, he destroyt dat giant twat Valuev who is da baddest boxer on dis planet bruv. innit funny Wlad/Vitali ducked da Olympic Champ Audley arrison? Wlad ain naffin bruv, David 'aye gunna wrek dis wanker bruv, beliv dat innit.
ahahahahaahahahhahaha
Old 06-23-2011, 04:54 AM
vacon04
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 vacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,210,595,299,644.68
Total Points: 1,211,596,320,719.94
i ran out of green to give, but have a gift. you're a very good poster from what i've seen. - chiguy91 

Lol ... now back to the question, Wlad has improved a lot of things such as his stamina and defence mainly. The thing about defence is that a lot of people think that defending is about having a strong guard or moving his body, but Wlad has managed to get a great defence and at the same time gained a massive offence by using his jab. When he uses the jab he gets out of range for his rival's punches, but at the same time as he's so tall, he hits his opponents and wears them down just to be KOd at the end of the fight. Most HW have higher KO % in early rounds, however Wlad has a higher KO % in latter rounds after he has wear down his opponents only by using his jab.

Yeah, he's not the most exciting boxer, but sure he knows how to use his height and weight to beat his rivals almost without being punched.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:09 AM
paulf
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 paulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,978.79
Total Points: 6,080,677,497.13
you need gifts - TuRoK'em Have a slice - Toney Loc one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. happy birthday - -jose- 
A beer for the bday boy! - led Beterbiev - wladavit 

Doesn't lose.

Doesn't fight stupid.

Doesn't even get hit, really.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:29 AM
slimshandy69
I HAVE OBAMA TATTOO!

Rep Power: 13 slimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,692,661.69
You're quite an excellent poster - thuggery Well deserved - Szef99 Solid poster - Weltschmerz superb post about Lomachenko, he is a beast and P4P DESTINE - thuggery top poster - Freedom2014 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacon04 View Post
Lol ... now back to the question, Wlad has improved a lot of things such as his stamina and defence mainly. The thing about defence is that a lot of people think that defending is about having a strong guard or moving his body, but Wlad has managed to get a great defence and at the same time gained a massive offence by using his jab. When he uses the jab he gets out of range for his rival's punches, but at the same time as he's so tall, he hits his opponents and wears them down just to be KOd at the end of the fight. Most HW have higher KO % in early rounds, however Wlad has a higher KO % in latter rounds after he has wear down his opponents only by using his jab.

Yeah, he's not the most exciting boxer, but sure he knows how to use his height and weight to beat his rivals almost without being punched.

think hes really slick, its just a shame to to cautious because his right hand shots i could atch all day. His footwork is bettwe than vitalis imo.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:46 AM
TBear
Lords of Boxingscene

Rep Power: 441 TBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,017,910,410,730,836,352.00
Total Points: 1,017,910,410,730,838,912.00
i couldn't green you , so here's a beer TBear!! - HUGH JASS GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner I be loving them gifs you post :fing02: - jose830 One of BScenes best - jazluvr happy holidays bro - jazluvr 
thanks T...Merry Christmas to you too. - -jose- lol sorry about the rose, I meant to send you some bubbly lol - -jose- Happy Holidays, bud! - Talisayen Happy Holidays, TBear! - peyk-peyk Good looking out, TBear! - Fistic 
everything good T thanks for asking - -jose- blue parallelogram to you :D - lebrick legendary - lazy Classic Boxing Pictures - - Ram Raid - Hope you had a good long weekend. - -jose- 
Thanks for honoring your bet in a timely manner bro, cheers! - Tyler_Durden honestly T I believe you would make the perfect Mod you got my vote... is it cool with you if I post that on the thread? - -jose- tried to green ya but ive given too much in the last 24 hours, i still got your bakk - Tha_Greatest Here's beer while listening to good music - led thanks bud :fing02: - -jose- 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S A M U R A I Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S A M U R A I Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S A M U R A I Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - MANGLER 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - MANGLER World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cooper5 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Izrock AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Raider Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Izrock Childhood Cancer - ??? Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Unknown Champ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - BABYBOXER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 

I give Emanuel Steward credit for making him a safety first fighter.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 AM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,685,450.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

I can think of a few improvements:

1. He paces himself better. Early Wlad used to go all out on opponents to get the KO, a la the Mercer fight. Most of the time it worked, but after the Brewster fight, where Wlad gassed himself trying to take Brewster out and left himself vulnerable, he's been a hell of a lot more conservative. You can easily see the extent of the changes he made here by analysing the rematch.

2. He clinches a lot more. Older Wlad used to clinch, but to nowhere near the extent the modern one does, and he did it a lot less intelligently. Modern Wlad throws shots and if his opponent slips them he uses the already extended arms to clinch them up tightly and lean on them. Sometimes this has a positive effect for the opponent, as even if Wlad stuns them he doesn't follow up and they get a chance to rest and recover. Over the course of the fight though this wears out their legs and neutralises their offence.

3. He's improved his balance. Older Wlad used to flop about like Bambi, even when he wasn't hit solidly or even on the chin, and get knocked down by balance shots. Modern Wlad seems to keep his balance a lot better and as a result is more in a position to receive solid shots without such a dramatic effect. He's still vulnerable to the knockdown, but a lot less so.

4. He varies the speed, power and comitment of his jab. Older Wlad threw jabs full power every time, or so it seemed, and there were clear windows where you could get on his inside. Modern Wlad uses his left arm almost like a hypnotising snake, waving it, flicking it, parrying their own left hand, or shooting it into their face. It keeps his opponent guessing, and at arms length.

Those are a couple of the most visible changes I've seen in his style from the early days.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:06 AM
MARKBNLV
Im A Mark

Rep Power: 107 MARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 210,146,598,245.09
Total Points: 815,589,751,454.87
4500 post in Boss Lady's thread of madness! :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Merry xmas too bro! - led Happy Holidays Marky! - Lorily 
merry christmas - Tha_Greatest Merry christmas bud - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy bday bro. - led Happy Birthday Mark - TBear 
Keep life rollin' don't stop being positive! - Uns Right back at you, love :) - Bossy :) - Bossy Congrats for the second kid - led* get some pussy bro - Mannie Phresh 
great job exposing that racist draft dodger ali. hes in his state because hes a racist and deserves it - I'm so sorry No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* Mwerry Christmas Mark. I hope you have a great one bro. - deanrw happy new years homie, lol, you my boy , lol, peace, to you and your family aswell - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - shogun tua Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Rip Chudd Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

I keep hearing defense,what beyond throwing a million jabs has he improved defenseivly ,he keeps his opponents at the end of that jab and does not et them get inside,making for a boring ass fight.Dude in my avi would ko either brother and humiliate them.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:14 AM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,685,450.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKBNLV View Post
I keep hearing defense,what beyond throwing a million jabs has he improved defenseivly ,he keeps his opponents at the end of that jab and does not et them get inside,making for a boring ass fight.Dude in my avi would ko either brother and humiliate them.
Like he KO'ed and humiliated Andrew Golota?

poster gibbers something about Bowe being past prime