Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Pez
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pez has a reputation beyond reputePez has a reputation beyond reputePez has a reputation beyond reputePez has a reputation beyond reputePez has a reputation beyond reputePez has a reputation beyond reputePez has a reputation beyond reputePez has a reputation beyond reputePez has a reputation beyond reputePez has a reputation beyond reputePez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 48,805,738,286.49
Total Points: 49,805,745,684.64
Default How long did it take you...

How long did it take you to be decent in the ring? Obviously we're not all naturals, so how long did it take you to reach the point where you were good enough to compete?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 AM
bernardotelo
Contender

Rep Power: 6 bernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,057.46

3months 4months
Old 06-17-2011, 12:39 PM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,556,126,920.71
Total Points: 7,757,264,693.11
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
How long did it take you to be decent in the ring? Obviously we're not all naturals, so how long did it take you to reach the point where you were good enough to compete?
I'd say the 2 year mark is when you are considered one of the "good" boxers. Some kids might say they have only done it for a year, but they usually had mentors or people showing them before hand. Boxing is not an easy sport.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
BostonGuy
Emeritus Champion

Rep Power: 200000 BostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 60,281,218,256,959,893,929,984.00
Total Points: 160,685,459,263,100,897,198,080.00
thanks BG If this is his last fight I hope he goes out with a bang! - -jose- what up BG...just making sure you still alive lol have a good day - -jose- Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 everything ok...moms got surgery last Thursday and got out yesterday tomorrow we'll get the news but it doesn't look good...I come here to escape the real world lol thanks for asking BG...hope your and your girl doing good - -jose- everything ok...moms got surgery last Thursday and got out yesterday tomorrow we'll get the news but it doesn't look good...I come here to escape the real world lol thanks for asking BG...hope your and your girl doing good - -jose- 
thanks you sir, BHOP looked pretty good there last night as much as I hate him for beating tito's ass I got to give it to him he still got it - -jose- thanks BG, meng I'm really hoping Cotto pulls out some 'old school Cotto' body shots in the early rounds, hopefully maravilla's knees are not back 100% lol - -jose- Thanks - Weltz thank you for always helping a brother out - ~BoZz~ Finest Boxingscene Moderator - Weltschmerz 
Thanks for the green :love: - Beercules this one is on me - RINGG A fair mod! - Pigeons thanks BG :fing02: appreciate it! - -jose- here homie, have a burger, i shitted on it just the way you like it, lol, take care you crazy azzhole, lol, i couldnt green k your azz fool, lol, nyahahaha, fukkin rascist website - Tha_Greatest 
Posting - Scott-Weiland :beerchug: - -jose- one black cup of jose...I mean joe lol cheers! - -jose- Beterbiev - wladavit lmaooo!!! - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Risty World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

I'm still working on getting my game up to "good." I boxed for a couple of years when I was 13-14 and then came back to it when I was 32. I've been practicing a lot, doing shadow boxing, going to the technique and conditioning classes and overall doing more exercise and watching what I eat/ drink...

My goal is to start sparring in a month's time...
Old 06-17-2011, 05:15 PM
killsomething
Contender

Rep Power: 0 killsomething is infamous around these partskillsomething is infamous around these partskillsomething is infamous around these partskillsomething is infamous around these partskillsomething is infamous around these partskillsomething is infamous around these partskillsomething is infamous around these partskillsomething is infamous around these partskillsomething is infamous around these partskillsomething is infamous around these partskillsomething is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,651.65

Took me about 3 months to start sparring (at which point I still sucked but was in great shape), then took 6 months off. Then came back for 4 months, skills improved a lot but conditioning sucked. Had my fight (lost, but the guy went on to win the open class Gloves this year and earn a North American ranking so he might have been a pretty tough ask for my first fight), at that point I was beating up all the other subnovices and could hang with most of the novices up to around 6 fights. Could provide decent work for the lower-level open class guys. The next 5 months I got where I had to take it easy on most of the subnovices and lower-level novices. Conditioning was still lagging (I felt like I was a lot better than I could demonstrate in the gym. Then I stopped boxing.

I consider guys who are open class 'good,' and a few novices who dominate at that level too. I'd say after about a year of training I was 'getting there.' Thought I was alright for a guy as out of shape as I consistently was.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:24 PM
jtiger777
Banned

Rep Power: 0 jtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 144,093,075.92
Total Points: 175,991,336.91
Thanks mate here have a beer! - Tamis_Siensya Happy Holidays J! - Lorily Big up Nigel Benn - zab191 

im still working on it i took a week off this week so,....
Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Rockin'
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,588,368,032,279.08
Total Points: 31,588,368,081,854.83
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I started up and 2 months later had my first bout, w-rsc1.....Rockin'