Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-11-2011, 01:39 PM
BadLeftHook
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,421.65

Really, Really nervous. I had never did any kind of fighting sport before and I didn't know what to expect but It's all cool now.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-11-2011, 03:40 PM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 53 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 147,800,251,077.01
Total Points: 260,785,118,234.69
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

Excited as ***** as i was youngg and dumb and went in with a load of mates. Day 1 didnt really mix much but i beat the ***** out of my pals with the big gloves on, day 2 the threw me in with the gym golden boy who was quite a few years older, i actully buzzed him a bit then he hit me with a body shot that i can still remeber so clearly - that ***** HURT! I managed to stay up but i woulda been better goin down as he let rip to the head with everything till the round ended.

I think they saw potential in me but also just wanted to take me down a peg or two! They respected the heart and toughness i showed tho and i respected that fact that i wasnt as badass as i thought and there was alot of skill and defence involved in this boxing lark!

Like Terry says once uve been in there and done it u develop a great respect for all the other guys who do it, kind of a brotherhood
Old 06-12-2011, 08:02 PM
BigBig
Amateur

Total Points: 169.29

Hmm wow well the 1st time i walked in a gym was about 1 yr ago, when i was 15, and i was a little nervous but realllllyy exited :P now im working on getting the money to sign up
Old 06-13-2011, 02:07 AM
BrananaRepublic
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 BrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond reputeBrananaRepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,233.61

I was pretty nervous at first because I was very inexperienced, but the coach got one of his more experienced fighters to teach me all the basics one on one for the entire session. Having someone my age helping me out was very unintimidating and got me well adjusted to the training. The next day I walked into the class worry free and did the normal training with everyone else
Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 AM
RurouniYume
Contender

Rep Power: 4 RurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond reputeRurouniYume has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 116,145.26

I had previously been in Tae Kwon Do for over a year so I was used to the training scene. It was very lax and not nearly as intimidating as TKD. Everyone was on a much more equal level and only a select few took training seriously so it was really no sweat. I am always very excited for my next day of training and I love every second of it.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:13 AM
ewzz
Amateur

Total Points: 2,164.43

The first time I walked into a gym was about a month ago. I wasn't nervous at all, just really excited. There happened to be a whole lot of newbies that day and they arranged a sort of basics class, so I could keep up well. Afterwards both trainers told me they thought I was very brave, walking in there all alone, being a girl and all. But hey, I wanted to box, so I walked in and boxed!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 123 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,804,673,460,406.29
Total Points: 17,804,673,671,026.04
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest 
Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 
damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- 
Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

I have a similar story to Vargas. I was only 11 when I walked into a gym and did so because I was getting into a lot of trouble as a kid.

I had a bad attitude and thought I could beat anyone up. I sparred for the first time and got my ass handed to me and was amazed that this kid could beat me. That's when I realized that boxing is a skill and I wanted to learn it and get good at it.

I never really got nervous, I did get nervous at times before matches but it went away as soon as I got close to the ring.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:32 AM
fatburnquest
Amateur

Total Points: 493.07

once you get working your fine, it soon becomes natural
Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 AM
CymruAmByth
Contender

Rep Power: 5 CymruAmByth is a splendid one to beholdCymruAmByth is a splendid one to beholdCymruAmByth is a splendid one to beholdCymruAmByth is a splendid one to beholdCymruAmByth is a splendid one to beholdCymruAmByth is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 16,513.01

Very nervous. First gym i went to the coaches were complete pri cks which didn't help, although i did meet some good lads there. The gym i'm at now is much better. The coach is really taking an interest and everyone in there is very friendly. First fight in October, can't wait!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:36 AM
No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 No1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,507,361,591.72
Total Points: 17,527,647,932.30

I was pretty nervous I have to say. I was around 17 so started late. I remember when I walked in there was a very humid and sweaty atmosphere. Loads of people sparing pretty heavy and there looked to be some very tough fighters in the gym. After I spoke to the coach they were very nice and I really enjoyed my time training there until I injured myself.