Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 PM
colin scott
Contender

Rep Power: 9 colin scott will become famous soon enoughcolin scott will become famous soon enough
Bank: 16,371,337.82
Total Points: 16,500,284.95
Default Mouthpiece?

Was wondering what type of mouthpiece you guys prefer to use for boxing double or single?

Also does anyone know what is the most popular kind among the pro's..

Last edited by colin scott; 06-14-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Chinch
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Chinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond reputeChinch has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 306,000,000.10
Total Points: 306,898,450.42
King of Oakland - Boy Meets World Some gifts for you ma n1gga - weak salvadoran froch gone get fucked up!! - weak salvadoran really helpful - MANIAC310 BURRRRRRRRRRRRR! - Bloody$Nate$ 
No hay pa nadie pa! - Magical Love 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin scott View Post
Was wondering what type of mouth piece you guys prefer to use for boxing double or single?
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin scott View Post
Also does anyone know what is the most popular kind among the pro's..
Single
Old 06-14-2011, 02:03 AM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19448 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,777,928,686,615.55
Total Points: 5,842,838,718,448.85
add to you collection, bro! - Talisayen bottoms up - Talisayen have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz 
Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 
10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear 
You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I used single. The double mouthpieces are a ***** to get a breathe through and that little hole that they do give you ends up getting filled up with spit so eventually when your blowing out air you're also blowing streams of spit that get wiped all over your face.

I always just used the single form fitted one that you get from the sporting good store.

I remember one fight I had misplaced my mouth piece and had to pick one up one the way to the arena. I couldn't find one without the strap on it so I bought one with a strap and cut it off. This fight was at the Palace, amatuers Team Michigan vs Jimmy Ellis' team, so we got into the kitchen area and somebody boiled me some water and I formed it in a got a great fit. During the fight I had blood just pouring from my mouth and every time I got hit in the mouth it stung like hell. I was cleaning up pretty good on this guy, had it been the other way I could have seen them stopping the bout on me. The ref kept taking me to my corner to wipe the blood from my headgear and face and said that he kept on looking for cuts on my face. What happened was when I cut off the strap on the mouth pieve I had left the most minute piece ofthe strap on the mouth guard. It made a little sliver with a pointed end. Each time I was punched in the mouth that point was digging into the back of my upper lip. After the fight I lifted my lip up and looked at it in the mirror, like 7 gauges and it's all black and blue and sore as hell. I won the bout by unanimous decision but swallowing all of that blood really sucked.................Rockin'
Old 06-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Bullrush
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Bullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 915,613,766.43
Total Points: 995,660,431.09

i use a double. breathing is not an issue once you get used to it. it gives me more protection and keeps my jaw locked in and my mouth closed. if your mouth is open all it takes is one light shot to the chin and youre probably out.

but its a preference
Old 06-14-2011, 02:31 AM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19448 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,777,928,686,615.55
Total Points: 5,842,838,718,448.85
add to you collection, bro! - Talisayen bottoms up - Talisayen have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz 
Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 
10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear 
You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I dont believe the hype in a double mouthgaurd giving any added prtection.

But one thing to consider when speaking of pros and the mouth piece that they use is that alot of fighters have had their noses damaged, mangled and broken which makes it very tough to breathe solely through their noses. I for one can not get full breathes through my nose. I know, breathe out of your nose or you'll get your jaw broken. While it does happen like that I never had mine broke having to mainly breathe through my mouth. My jaw is out of alignement though, but **** happens in that ring..........Rockin'
Old 06-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Bullrush
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Bullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 915,613,766.43
Total Points: 995,660,431.09

it does gives you more protection, all the teeth are covered and not just the ones at the top. on top of that like i said its easier to get knocked out when you wear a single mouthguard because often your mouth is gonna be open and if your jaw is hanging down losely its easy to get knocked out, that doesnt happen with the double mouthguard. so it helps prevent concussions (/brain damage long term) which is a key thing to avoid in combat sports
Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 PM
MePunchHard
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,002,328.37

Single, custom fitted from a dentist. Very comfortable, can talk and breath easier too. Never go back to using a boil and bite one.

That's what's most common in pro's too.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:27 AM
fatburnquest
Amateur

Total Points: 483.07

single every time
Old 06-15-2011, 12:12 PM
icedog11
Contender

Rep Power: 10 icedog11 has a reputation beyond reputeicedog11 has a reputation beyond reputeicedog11 has a reputation beyond reputeicedog11 has a reputation beyond reputeicedog11 has a reputation beyond reputeicedog11 has a reputation beyond reputeicedog11 has a reputation beyond reputeicedog11 has a reputation beyond reputeicedog11 has a reputation beyond reputeicedog11 has a reputation beyond reputeicedog11 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,999.78

www.gladiatorguards.com