Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-28-2011, 09:09 AM
coreyg100
Contender

Rep Power: 4 coreyg100 has a spectacular aura aboutcoreyg100 has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 76,058.68
Default Who do you think has lost the least skill in boxing out of the following?

Evander Holyfield
Marco Antonio Barrera
Erik Morales
Roy Jones Jr.
Bernard Hopkins
Shane Mosley

Please list from least skill lost to most skill lost Note: Shane Mosley is not far off his prime. The bad preformance with Pacquiao was the only thing sliding him on this list.

1. Bernard Hopkins, one of my favorites he clearly stated after becoming the Light Heavyweight champion and beating George Foreman's past record set
[George Foreman Age:45 defeated Micheal Moorer Via TKO to get the World Heavyweight title] he still has his best fights ahead of him, Chad Dawson and Lucian Bute were two of the big names mentioned. He also said he planned to fight untill he was 50-51. [He is currently 46] Go BHop! I want a B-Hop Grill!

2. Marco Antonio Barrera did you see his preformance the other night? Counter-punches, combos, a knockdown in the first round, A TKO in the 2nd. That dosen't sound too bad for him too get 2nd place.

3. Shane Mosley, I hesitated giving him 3rd place because of May 7th. But beating so many good fighters. Bumps him up. He is strong. He must fight though.

4. Evander Holyfield fought two good fights recently. Sherman Williams and Brain Nielsen were the last ones. Holyfield bet up Neilson the Danish boxing inspiration. scoring 2 KO's and the fight stopped when Holyfield had Nielsen in the corner throwing barrages of punches at him making his face look like a Bloody piece of meat. Holyfield won Via Stoppage in the 10th [12]. He may not be the exact same holyfield fighting George Foreman or Mike Tyson. But he can still fight well.

5. Erik Morales is pretty much tied with Shane Mosley/Holyfield up there. But since they can't share spots here he is down here. Morales recently suffered a loss Via UD to Marco Maidana a brawler from Argentina. Morales rocked Maidana with Heavy counter punches but it was almost enough to KO him a few times. Maidana threw long combos which kept him up on the score cards. Lederman saw it as a draw. Maidana won by a small thread Via Majority Descion. I would have thought Morales won that fight but the Score cards did not. His past two fights before that were with Willie Limond who Morales won Via TKO in the 10th. and Fransisco Lorenzo who he bet by UD. Erik Morales will be fighting July 30th but has no one to fight yet. Guerrero does not want too. Maidana wants way to big of a payday. I hate Maidana even more for that. Khan and Judah are two other options unless they fight eachother. If that does happen Morales has something that he could fight hatton but i doubt that. Barrera is his saftey.

6. Roy Jones Jr.

He lost 4 out of 6 of his last fights. He had a great career, and should ether fight easier fights or leave the ring. He is only making his record worse.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Sparked_1985
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 Sparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 195,424,714.12
To start off your collection and for being a good poster. - S a m u r a i To an entertaining fella - don't lose this account!! - KrisSilver Tia Maria and Lucozade for the man. - Chunk No Message - Sir TomJones Prepare the champagne. We are finally gonna win the CL with Hiddink on the team. - cannonball_X 
No Message - Sir TomJones 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 

It's hard really.

Shane and Roy look like ghosts and it would warp my judgement. I'd probably still pick Mosley if forced, his punching power always seemed to be the defining factor in most of his fights.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,308,723.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Shane Mosley.

Shit my bad, I misread. Guess BHop. Sorry.

Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 05-28-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 25,182,821,697,398.98
Total Points: 26,438,143,283,597.45
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

B-Hop has lost the least skill,easily.Beating top fighters in their backyard at 46,***** prime fighters have a hard time doing that.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:35 AM
luke1979
Contender

Rep Power: 5 luke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 41,270.01

None of them have lost any skill but they are all gradually losing their ability to employ their skills. What has eroded is their stamina, reflexes, speed and punch resistance not their skills. They all still know what to do and how to do it in their heads and always will their skills can't be un learnt but getting their bodies to co operate is the ever increasing problem.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:19 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,738,491.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1979 View Post
None of them have lost any skill but they are all gradually losing their ability to employ their skills. What has eroded is their stamina, reflexes, speed and punch resistance not their skills. They all still know what to do and how to do it in their heads and always will their skills can't be un learnt but getting their bodies to co operate is the ever increasing problem.
I agree with your opinion. It seems ridiculous to say that Roy Jones is the worst, that is, has lost the most skill or skills, when even today he still shows in the ring the skills that made him unbeatable for over 15 years. Hopkins' skills are in butting lacing, low blows, hol;ding and hitting rabbit punching etc, at the exact times that the ref is either unsighted or unnoticing.

I just say that I am sorely puzzled that a fighter, who for years has REGULARLY groaned, and faked, and pretended and acted, just to get a breather, in all his fights, can suddenly have new stamina, enough to waste usually badly needed energy in doing pushups between rounds. It's at least indicative that something extra has been added to his natural body........
Old 05-29-2011, 02:07 AM
Boxingwizard
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Boxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 56,963,327,794.17
Total Points: 57,023,796,079.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
B-Hop has lost the least skill,easily.Beating top fighters in their backyard at 46,***** prime fighters have a hard time doing that.
B-Hop can still fight at an A-class level, but there is no doubt his physical skills have declined greatly. That was evident when he fought Howard Eastman and than losing to Taylor twice.

B-Hop in his prime was a better boxer than he is now, he was less sloppy, and had a higher work-rate in his prime.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,385,554.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

No one loses boxing skills. Thats like forgetting how to ride a bike. You cant forget how to ride a bike, but u can ride well or poorly... that is to say that u might be rusty or u lose ur reflexes... which applies especially to boxing