Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think has lost the least skill in boxing out of the following?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think has lost the least skill in boxing out of the following?

Evander Holyfield
    Marco Antonio Barrera
    Erik Morales
    Roy Jones Jr.
    Bernard Hopkins
    Shane Mosley

Please list from least skill lost to most skill lost Note: Shane Mosley is not far off his prime. The bad preformance with Pacquiao was the only thing sliding him on this list.

1. Bernard Hopkins, one of my favorites he clearly stated after becoming the Light Heavyweight champion and beating George Foreman's past record set
    [George Foreman Age:45 defeated Micheal Moorer Via TKO to get the World Heavyweight title] he still has his best fights ahead of him, Chad Dawson and Lucian Bute were two of the big names mentioned. He also said he planned to fight untill he was 50-51. [He is currently 46] Go BHop! I want a B-Hop Grill!

2. Marco Antonio Barrera did you see his preformance the other night? Counter-punches, combos, a knockdown in the first round, A TKO in the 2nd. That dosen't sound too bad for him too get 2nd place.

3. Shane Mosley, I hesitated giving him 3rd place because of May 7th. But beating so many good fighters. Bumps him up. He is strong. He must fight though.

4. Evander Holyfield fought two good fights recently. Sherman Williams and Brain Nielsen were the last ones. Holyfield bet up Neilson the Danish boxing inspiration. scoring 2 KO's and the fight stopped when Holyfield had Nielsen in the corner throwing barrages of punches at him making his face look like a Bloody piece of meat. Holyfield won Via Stoppage in the 10th [12]. He may not be the exact same holyfield fighting George Foreman or Mike Tyson. But he can still fight well.

5. Erik Morales is pretty much tied with Shane Mosley/Holyfield up there. But since they can't share spots here he is down here. Morales recently suffered a loss Via UD to Marco Maidana a brawler from Argentina. Morales rocked Maidana with Heavy counter punches but it was almost enough to KO him a few times. Maidana threw long combos which kept him up on the score cards. Lederman saw it as a draw. Maidana won by a small thread Via Majority Descion. I would have thought Morales won that fight but the Score cards did not. His past two fights before that were with Willie Limond who Morales won Via TKO in the 10th. and Fransisco Lorenzo who he bet by UD. Erik Morales will be fighting July 30th but has no one to fight yet. Guerrero does not want too. Maidana wants way to big of a payday. I hate Maidana even more for that. Khan and Judah are two other options unless they fight eachother. If that does happen Morales has something that he could fight hatton but i doubt that. Barrera is his saftey.

6. Roy Jones Jr.

He lost 4 out of 6 of his last fights. He had a great career, and should ether fight easier fights or leave the ring. He is only making his record worse.

It's hard really.

Shane and Roy look like ghosts and it would warp my judgement. I'd probably still pick Mosley if forced, his punching power always seemed to be the defining factor in most of his fights.

Comment

Shane Mosley.

Shit my bad, I misread. Guess BHop. Sorry.
      Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 05-28-2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

B-Hop has lost the least skill,easily.Beating top fighters in their backyard at 46,***** prime fighters have a hard time doing that.

Comment

None of them have lost any skill but they are all gradually losing their ability to employ their skills. What has eroded is their stamina, reflexes, speed and punch resistance not their skills. They all still know what to do and how to do it in their heads and always will their skills can't be un learnt but getting their bodies to co operate is the ever increasing problem.

Comment

Originally posted by luke1979 View Post
            None of them have lost any skill but they are all gradually losing their ability to employ their skills. What has eroded is their stamina, reflexes, speed and punch resistance not their skills. They all still know what to do and how to do it in their heads and always will their skills can't be un learnt but getting their bodies to co operate is the ever increasing problem.
            I agree with your opinion. It seems ridiculous to say that Roy Jones is the worst, that is, has lost the most skill or skills, when even today he still shows in the ring the skills that made him unbeatable for over 15 years. Hopkins' skills are in butting lacing, low blows, hol;ding and hitting rabbit punching etc, at the exact times that the ref is either unsighted or unnoticing.

I just say that I am sorely puzzled that a fighter, who for years has REGULARLY groaned, and faked, and pretended and acted, just to get a breather, in all his fights, can suddenly have new stamina, enough to waste usually badly needed energy in doing pushups between rounds. It's at least indicative that something extra has been added to his natural body........

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              B-Hop has lost the least skill,easily.Beating top fighters in their backyard at 46,***** prime fighters have a hard time doing that.
              B-Hop can still fight at an A-class level, but there is no doubt his physical skills have declined greatly. That was evident when he fought Howard Eastman and than losing to Taylor twice.

B-Hop in his prime was a better boxer than he is now, he was less sloppy, and had a higher work-rate in his prime.

Comment

No one loses boxing skills. Thats like forgetting how to ride a bike. You cant forget how to ride a bike, but u can ride well or poorly... that is to say that u might be rusty or u lose ur reflexes... which applies especially to boxing

Comment

Working...
                X