Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 05-28-2011, 06:18 PM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,685,871.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

I foresee one of two situations playing out:

Either Holyfield catches Wlad early and begins to pressure Wlad to a stoppage

or

Wlad successfully slows the pace to his liking with his jab and grab style and grinds out Holyfield to a UD.

Of the two I see the former being the slighty more likely scenario playing out. Wlad isn't nearly as vulnerable to durable punchers as he was in the past (so anyone mentioning the likes of Purrity needs to get the hell out of this thread) but he's still vulnerable to getting caught in that split second when a fighter bridges the gap and Wlad clinches him up. Holyfield could catch him at some point coming in and whilst I don't think one shot would KO Wlad, it would certainly swing things in Holy's favour, especially if he starts to time Wlad and land with some regularity. I can see him stunning Wlad with a sharp overhand right, Wlad vainly trying to clinch him up and getting caught with a barrage of follow up blows, Holy fighting his way out of the clinch as Wlad gets increasingly groggy, then dropping him to his knees a few seconds later. Wlad gets up, gets dropped a few more times and the ref or corner stops the fight.

On the other hand, if Wlad establishes his jab early he could disrupt Holy's rhythm, especially if he can time Holy bouncing in. Holy's got a great beard but Wlad's a massive puncher and could easily stun him at several times with a quick right or hybrid jab/hook. If Wlad starts getting some momentum I see him begin to grind down Holy with jabs and leaning clinches, Holyfield getting the odd good punch in but not really troubling Wlad and eventually losing a UD (I think Holy's resilient enough and Wlad reticent enough to make this fight go the scorecards). Would easily be the toughest fight of Wlad's career though.

Holyfield 60/40
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-28-2011, 06:25 PM
RubenSonny
Lagos State of Mind

Rep Power: 15 RubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,123,214,199,771.83
Total Points: 6,123,215,417,728.66
Well deserved! Great Poster! - Barnburner 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenSonny View Post
A key element to Bowes victory was his excellence on the inside - a distance which Holy loved to fight at and the logical key to victory against a big man (its usually assumed they would lack on the inside) like Bowe, however due to Bowes effectiveness there, he didn't have the obvious advantage making Bowe an extremely difficult style match-up for him. Wlad has shown nothing on the inside, and that would be were Holy would be most effective, sure it would be pretty difficult to actually get there, but someone the calibre of Holy can get passed that jab and put some damage down. I think Holy would win a pretty hard fought but clear decision say 8-4, 9-3 type fight maybe a late stoppage.
I take this back I've been watching Holyfield recently and I absolutely think he'd stop Wlad.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:13 PM
The Smash
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 The Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,032,320.00
Top notch poster - thuggery 

I don't think it goes 10 rounds; prime Holyfield would be like nothing Wlad has ever seen, from his ability to withstand heavy artilery, certainly heavier than Wlad has, to his refusal to physicallly relent. He would be too much. If Wlad doesn't retire on his stool Evander would drive that left hook to the body in the early rounds and take a tired Klitschko out in the 9th.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:43 PM
young_robbed
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 young_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 106,261,030.61
For your good posts and youtube videos. - Barnburner dope vernon HL. - Tha Executioner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Ovah View Post
I foresee one of two situations playing out:

Either Holyfield catches Wlad early and begins to pressure Wlad to a stoppage

or

Wlad successfully slows the pace to his liking with his jab and grab style and grinds out Holyfield to a UD.
Furthermore why don't you guys have more confidence in Holyfield? Guy fought all kinds of opponents. much more tested then wlad too.

Holyfield could KO Wlad anytime.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:07 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 258,487,030,556.10
Total Points: 460,487,256,452.41
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

This is a real interesting fight. Wlad has most of the technical and almost all of the "on-paper" advantages. He's taller, longer, generally bigger, more powerful, slightly quicker, etc. etc. But Evander has, without fail, EVERY grittiness advantage. He's tougher, with a granite chin and just more sack in general. Wlad is one of the "softer" heavyweight champs I have ever seen. So, Wlad might outbox Holyfield and beat him up a bit but I'd pick Holyfield to win by dramatic late-round KO.