Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 05-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Pastrano
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,824,035.75
Default Alan Minter

What kind of boxer and what kind of person was he? I haven't seen much fights with him or read much of his statements, I read the one after the first Antuofermo fight where he sounded a bit ****y and arrogant. I also heard the National Front, the right-wing party of UK, had an interest in him after he became a champion. Was he ever a member?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-25-2011, 05:03 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,210,498,808,690,216.25
Total Points: 1,239,718,924,811,795.75
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

I met Alan Minter just over 2 years ago in my home town along with Mike Tyson, Chris Eubank and Ken Buchanan.

He seemed like a nice guy from the very breif time I spoke to him.

Mind you, he was the only one out of the four that came into the V.I.P room and stood around like a normal guy for extended periods and let people get pictures with him on their phones etc. So that was cool.

I asked him about the whole Marvin Hagler situation but he refused to speak on it. He said he was embarrassed about the whole thing.

We spoke briefly about his career also. He said Hagler is by far the stongest man he went up against.

Don't know about the whole Right Wing party thing. Never heard anything about that.

But yeah, he seemed like a nice guy from my talk with him.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Pastrano
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,824,035.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
I met Alan Minter just over 2 years ago in my home town along with Mike Tyson, Chris Eubank and Ken Buchanan.

He seemed like a nice guy from the very breif time I spoke to him.

Mind you, he was the only one out of the four that came into the V.I.P room and stood around like a normal guy for extended periods and let people get pictures with him on their phones etc. So that was cool.

I asked him about the whole Marvin Hagler situation but he refused to speak on it. He said he was embarrassed about the whole thing.

We spoke briefly about his career also. He said Hagler is by far the stongest man he went up against.

Don't know about the whole Right Wing party thing. Never heard anything about that.

But yeah, he seemed like a nice guy from my talk with him.
I think the National Front wanted to use him as a symbol of the Aryan fighter, but I don't think he ever went along with that. Was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this situation.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Boxing Bob
Mexico = GOAT :mexico1:

Rep Power: 0 Boxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,036,382.14

he's lucky he only had to fight the pretty good Hagler and not the great McCallum! Just kidding ya Past! I only saw him fight Hagler and well you know what happened.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:27 AM
fitefanSHO
KO Digest

Rep Power: 6 fitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond reputefitefanSHO has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,094,253.96
Thread, it very good - McGoorty Apologies for negging you before. You're a good poster and an asset to the forums. - It's Ovah great thread man--rock of ages - McGoorty Cheers for the help, shame i couldnt get u a real pint! - The Surgeon 

Minter ducked McCallum.