Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 06-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Sugarj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,030,078,897.46
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Yes, as I remember it the tear on the glove was not deemed necessary to replace it. I've also heard that a quick replacement couldn't be found. Either way, the delay was very minimal.

And the smelling salts were not illegal in 1963, so Angelo did not cheat in that respect.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 84,799,010.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarj View Post
Yes, as I remember it the tear on the glove was not deemed necessary to replace it. I've also heard that a quick replacement couldn't be found. Either way, the delay was very minimal.

And the smelling salts were not illegal in 1963, so Angelo did not cheat in that respect.
Correct... i have the Original BBC footage of this fight and like SugarJ said,`There was no replacement gloves` the time between rounds was 62 seconds.. Henry Cooper set off the story that they had to go back and get some replacement gloves which took over 15 minutes and gave Ali time to fully recover, which was bull****.. Angelo Dundee`s claim that he ripped the glove is also fabricated, Dundee pointed the rip out to the referee who took a quick look and waved both fighters to continue at the bell.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
boxing boy
Contender

Rep Power: 5 boxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,564,542.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Roses View Post
I keep reading wankers claiming that Ali received 1 or even 2 extra minutes in between rounds 4 and 5 after he got Knocked Down by Cooper.

I have seen many versions of this fight on video. Atmost, Ali only received 6-11 extra seconds.

Can the people who claim Ali received 1 extra minute of recovery time please provide evidence. Post a link to the version of the video you have seen.
This is a big myth exposed by another boxing forum.Muhammad Ali only recieved an extra 5 seconds before the 5th round.

I watched the fight and it was true....Ali only recieved 5 extra seconds.

BTW-Another myth...There was not an extra pair of gloves.Ali fought the 5th round with the slightly torn glove.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:22 AM
Fighting Marine
Banned

Bank: 2,105,462.10
Total Points: 2,390,492.31
46-0 - JoeyZagz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
Correct... i have the Original BBC footage of this fight and like SugarJ said,`There was no replacement gloves` the time between rounds was 62 seconds.. Henry Cooper set off the story that they had to go back and get some replacement gloves which took over 15 minutes and gave Ali time to fully recover, which was bull****.. Angelo Dundee`s claim that he ripped the glove is also fabricated, Dundee pointed the rip out to the referee who took a quick look and waved both fighters to continue at the bell.
Yep sounds about right.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:51 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,894,627.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxersnose View Post
to fighting marine...
slighlty confused pal, your name suggests a militant backround well.. firstly why are you so pro ali when he draft dodged?.. if your american thats worse if your british why do you down a british legend.
also when you said "you seem a knowledgeable lad" im sure whoever you wrote that too feels all the more intelligent thanks to your approval!
finaly and basically most of all... have you ever boxed??... 10 seconds is a seriously long time!, evidently you have never ever boxed as you would understand that!. as for the fact dundee has admitted the glove incident if ali was so great and 10 seconds is no time at all then why bother doing it!!..
He cheated end of.. cooper banged down the draft dodging cheat and lost because he has bad skin above his eyes. I am a boxer I can appreciate 10 seconds cheats and bad skin.. trust me I AM a knowedgeable lad the name changing cheat, did cheat..

Fighting Marine was Gene Tunney's nickname and who that user had in his avatar.

The rest of your post sucks, as you obviously know nothing about which you're talking....or you're just straight up trolling. Either way I don't think this section will be long for you.