Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-17-2011, 05:18 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,730,741.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check_hooks View Post
There is so much wrong with your post I don't even know where to begin.

Boxing is a sport and always has been. Martial Arts was created thousands of years ago to inflict as much damage as possible to an opponent including death. Their techniques are designed specifically against another human being. Fighting with your fists and only your fists is only 1 form of combat.

A humans legs have longer reach and can hit harder than a punch yet its completely underutilized in boxing for striking. In any fight a blow that severly injures or cripples either leg will end the fight. The leg can be easily broken at the kneecap. One swift kick downwards on the kneecap and its over. You don't see these used in MMA or Karate touraments because they are sanctioned. But back in the day in asia they fought to the death literally.
And with grappleing you can break an opponents wrist or elbow or dislocate a shoulder easily. Thats why Wing Chun masters don't enter martial arts tournaments because they would have to hold back. If they went 100% they would break someones bones.

And of course Martial Arts masters get old and bigger than when they were younger. They are not immune to the laws of physics. They still practice their martial art regularly tho. Thats not to say that all Kung Fu masters are old and fat. There are alot that are young and fit. Thats like saying all Boxing Greats are old and fat.

Your post gets more ridiculous as it goes!

the only reason a "wing chun" master doesn't take off cain velasquez or alistair overeem and win the MMA HW belt is because he's too dangerous and would break his bones!

nothing to do with the fact that cain velasquez is an actual fighter who would rip his head off or anything
or that the reem would literally rape him

if you really need it i'll get some footage of "Karate masters" fighting
there is some on youtube
it exists
one example shows a rudimentary practitioner of BJJ cracking an arm in half

they flail away like old men
they clearly never spar in the gym
it's considered wrong for a master to spar his pupils, anyway

boxers spar tens, sometimes even a hundred or more rounds to prepare for each fight at the top
the guys at the top often have tens if not hundreds of AM fights
some guys have 300, 400 am fights

thats a fighter

if you want to fight with your "martial arts"
or they fight MMA
in which case they get rid of ALL of the karate that they have learned
and adopt ACTAUL combat martial arts
based on combat
and not aesthetic movements

Last edited by New England; 05-17-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-17-2011, 05:20 PM
IntentionalButt
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 IntentionalButt will become famous soon enoughIntentionalButt will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,391.08

I've been punched in the larynx and it's awful. Hurts for weeks.

I'd much rather take one on the temple or square on the chin, tbh.

The only worse places to get hit IMO would be the family jewels and the liver.

Last edited by IntentionalButt; 05-17-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Medved
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Medved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,313,067,849,262.50
Total Points: 9,488,067,940,698.90
Thanks you - Devils Advocate one of our best posters - Freedom. Have a beer for many stellar posts on the K-Bros! - ChopperRead That post of yours had me laughing my butt off.  Good stuff. - Rip Chudd No Message - dancovboxer 
Cheers for the stream &amp; joining in the thread, great chat - dancovboxer Keep up the comedy - rorymac You deserve it - Rocky... for helping bombs the great - Bombs No Message - rorymac 
Season 2 Champion of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; happy New years bro! - dan_cov 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S H O B O X Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dj emz Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Willie Swindler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Mooncat 

I dont know why more fighters dont aim for the throat. If i was fighting someone like Wlad/Vitali who are tall I would aim all my jabs and punches to the throat and the chest area. Too many people trying to go for the head get punished and they have to aim up, just punch as your normally would forward so it hits the throat/high chest area. Would this not work in theory?
Old 05-17-2011, 05:43 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,730,741.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
I dont know why more fighters dont aim for the throat. If i was fighting someone like Wlad/Vitali who are tall I would aim all my jabs and punches to the throat and the chest area. Too many people trying to go for the head get punished and they have to aim up, just punch as your normally would forward so it hits the throat/high chest area. Would this not work in theory?

if you could hit the throat, you would be doing a lot of damage
i dont think anybody is not aiming for the throat if they are aiming for the chin

check out an exchange in slow motion from a close angle where somebody is landing (usually the kind of stuff you see between rounds of a pacquiao fight work :-D )

the way most fighters hold their shoulders and more importantly the chin doesn't allow for clean angles at the throat

you see lesser quality fighters missing targets in four round undercards and hitting the shoulder and neck sometimes

if somebody is dumb enough to keep his throat exposed his opponent is likely to take advantage and end the fight quickly by hitting him on his chin which will be open by default

it would be wiser to try and damage the chin with clean punches rather than the throat or neck, especially with a gloved hand
and thus you don't see people targeting it habitually

you aim for the chin if it is available
or other parts of the head if they are open and you can actually take advantage (punching around a guard intelligently is something only top fighters can do, again, you can think pacquiao against clottey, margarito)
Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 PM
UglyPug
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,891,078,630.25
Total Points: 112,631,331,981.79
No Message - Tha_Greatest I ran over a cat today so I'm celebrating with Pizza - Terrel Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* Feliz Navidad pug - MANIAC310 
Happy Holidays Pugz!! - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. como un Jefe! - MANIAC310 compliments of Mr. Cardo  &quot;you'll need it&quot; - Rockin' no homo - MANIAC310 
ASU 34 Michigan 32 - Mountain Man 10k - MANIAC310 Taking a bite out of crime - VERSATILE2K12 welcome back bro - MANIAC310 welcome back - Larry.X. 
for speaking the truth about ghetto youths - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Cheers! - dan_cov Another, enjoy the fights! - dan_cov GOAT poster - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Hous Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

what's wrong with my question? i was just curious; I mean because it is such a vulnerable area and certainly in a boxing match it has to have occurred before. no reason to attack for just asking a random question out of curiosity.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:50 PM
LA_2_Vegas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 LA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,501,358,414.24

Seriously, this happens all the time...maybe not direct obvious hits that are shown on replay, but I'd say it's definitely not uncommon in bouts that are high paced, esp in boxing.

a recent one i can remember that was pretty obvious and shown on replay was JMM/Katsidis
Old 05-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Bambicolors
Made in Los Mochis.

Rep Power: 8 Bambicolors has a reputation beyond reputeBambicolors has a reputation beyond reputeBambicolors has a reputation beyond reputeBambicolors has a reputation beyond reputeBambicolors has a reputation beyond reputeBambicolors has a reputation beyond reputeBambicolors has a reputation beyond reputeBambicolors has a reputation beyond reputeBambicolors has a reputation beyond reputeBambicolors has a reputation beyond reputeBambicolors has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,301.53
Total Points: 77,250.43
LŃLŃLŃLŃ - Mochiteco No Message - Mochiteco man - ReicHsS No Message - ReicHsS No Message - ReicHsS 

Wilfredo Gómez suffered permanent damage in the throath when he was Owned by Azumah Nelson.

Even today he can´t talk well.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Dagomba
Campeón Gallo

Rep Power: 9 Dagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond reputeDagomba has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,304,963,531,589.29
Total Points: 4,304,963,535,225.65
What's really good? - Wall $treeter Un cafe para mi carnal - Cleto_Reyes A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! una chela compa!!! - el20cuatro Gold medal - Round 1 
No Message - Tha_Greatest i tried to green k you for your contribution to my cotto thread, lol, i gave you another fukkin superman cause too much green was given from me within the past 24 hours, thanks, lol, take care homie - Tha_Greatest True fight fan, enjoy the fight my man - techliam 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Wall $treeter World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Wall $treeter Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Hard Dick Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - !! AI-Holmes!! 

In one of HBO's slow motion replays, JMM uppercuts Katsidis in the throat.

Skip to 3:59

Old 05-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Medved
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Medved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,313,067,849,262.50
Total Points: 9,488,067,940,698.90
Thanks you - Devils Advocate one of our best posters - Freedom. Have a beer for many stellar posts on the K-Bros! - ChopperRead That post of yours had me laughing my butt off.  Good stuff. - Rip Chudd No Message - dancovboxer 
Cheers for the stream &amp; joining in the thread, great chat - dancovboxer Keep up the comedy - rorymac You deserve it - Rocky... for helping bombs the great - Bombs No Message - rorymac 
Season 2 Champion of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; happy New years bro! - dan_cov 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S H O B O X Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dj emz Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Willie Swindler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Mooncat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
if you could hit the throat, you would be doing a lot of damage
i dont think anybody is not aiming for the throat if they are aiming for the chin

check out an exchange in slow motion from a close angle where somebody is landing (usually the kind of stuff you see between rounds of a pacquiao fight work :-D )

the way most fighters hold their shoulders and more importantly the chin doesn't allow for clean angles at the throat

you see lesser quality fighters missing targets in four round undercards and hitting the shoulder and neck sometimes

if somebody is dumb enough to keep his throat exposed his opponent is likely to take advantage and end the fight quickly by hitting him on his chin which will be open by default

it would be wiser to try and damage the chin with clean punches rather than the throat or neck, especially with a gloved hand
and thus you don't see people targeting it habitually

you aim for the chin if it is available
or other parts of the head if they are open and you can actually take advantage (punching around a guard intelligently is something only top fighters can do, again, you can think pacquiao against clottey, margarito)
Dont you get taught to aim for the bottom of the chin? I was more referring the beneath the adams apple is.like right where your neck starts, dont know what to call it. Even if person has his head down the punch should still hit the chin/chest. I was told you never really aim at the head as you will always miss.