Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-30-2011, 09:41 PM
paulf
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 33 paulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,562.68
Total Points: 6,080,667,216.68
you need gifts - TuRoK'em Have a slice - Toney Loc one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. happy birthday - -jose- 
A beer for the bday boy! - led 
Default John Ruiz Speaks - Comfortable in retirement, staying involved in boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse Boxing
LAS VEGAS (April 29, 2011) – Two-time World Boxing Association (“WBA”) heavyweight champion John “The Quietman” Ruiz is enjoying retirement by spending time with his family in Las Vegas, but he is also staying involved in boxing in terms of the opening of his boxing gym in the Boston area, as well as starting a consulting agency, “Quietman Sports,” along with his longtime attorney and advisor, Boston Attorney Anthony M. Cardinale.

The 39-year-old Ruiz, who retired from the ring a year ago, had a 44-9-1 (30 KOs) career record and fought in 12 world title fights. In late May, Ruiz is opening a multi-fight gym – boxing, MMA and wrestling – named “Quietman Sports Gym,,” inside of Gold’s Gym in Medford (4000 Mystic Valley Parkway), which is a suburb of Boston only a few miles from where Ruiz grew-up in Chelsea.

“I’m enjoying life with my family in Las Vegas but it was time for the next chapter of my life,” Ruiz explained. “Boxing has been a big part of my life since I was a teenager. I want to pass along what I’ve learned through my experiences to young boxers. I’ll be spending a lot more time in Boston. I’m opening my gym to give kids a place to go, just like I had at the Somerville Boxing Club, where they can learn how box and stay off the streets. There are so many bad temptations for kids today and many of them really need a place to go. When I’m not in town my brother, Eddie, will be in charge of my gym.

“I’m also going to be an advisor so young fighters don’t go through a lot of what I had to go through coming up. Whether they need advice about who they should have as a promoter, manager or trainer, or what to look out for in the bad side of boxing, I’ll be available to them as a consultant. Our services will range from preparing a boxer to fight to negotiating contracts. If they have questions about contracts or other legal issues, Tony is one of the best in the business. During our 14 years and 12 world title fights together, we have seen and dealt with every good and bad aspect of the business.”

For more information about the “Quietman Sports Gym” or “Quietman Sports” consulting, go online to www.JohnTheQuietmanRuiz.com and click on JQR.com.
Ruiz is a cool guy; I don't really see why he retired. I'd love to see him fight Adamek or Arreola.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-30-2011, 10:01 PM
paulf
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 33 paulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond repute
you need gifts - TuRoK'em Have a slice - Toney Loc one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. happy birthday - -jose- 

No love for the Quietman?

Old 04-30-2011, 10:44 PM
joe strong
average joe

Rep Power: 84 joe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 711,413.72
For you Joe :) - Bossy For you Joe :) - Bossy No Message - Bossy No Message - Kevin Malone you're dumb - Freedom. 
joe strong has Boxingscene's lowest IQ - Freedom. cheers - simbros 10000 post! - jose830 so once again you've shown you're a moron - Freedom. Joe Strong is the man! - ABOSWORTH 
Joe is indeed Strong! A cup of the dark stuff for posting Pulev-Abell. - PittyPat stupid is as stupid does - Ragnarok stop beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up old homeless people is not cool - Ragnarok 
when a dummy posts no one replies - Freedom2014 Top man,solid poster. - Scott.Weiland. you are a bully homeless men are often disabled - Ragnarok learn to make a sentence properly you idiot - Freedom2014 learn to read dummy it was Lennoxs wife not Vitalis - Freedom2014 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ragnarok 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulf View Post
Ruiz is a cool guy; I don't really see why he retired. I'd love to see him fight Adamek or Arreola.
so many people hate on him but he was a tough hombre.he beat some very good fighters during his career.12 world title fights is quite an accomplishment.he could make anyone look bad because of his huggy bear style but it was effective.i got most of his fights & i feel he was never given enough credit for his accomplishments.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:49 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,213,577,442,562.78
Total Points: 3,490,577,766,649.56
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Don't expect much love for Ruiz here. He was a boring fighter who towards the end of his career got a lot of opportunities he probably shouldn't have.

I respect the man for what he accomplished considering his lack of physical talent. It's surprising when you see who he beat. He retired at the right time though, he wasn't going to beat the top guys. In his prime he could beat the Haye he fought but Ruiz is definitely not that anymore.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Southpaw Stinger
Trousersnake Fondler

Rep Power: 223 Southpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 118,756,147,523,206.30
Total Points: 118,756,147,527,835.31
No Message - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- good for the liver lad - -veteran420- 5 years, pity I missed the 1st 4 - Clyde Barrow merry xmas - Subtraction 
No Message - - v e t - Merry Christmas - Flab Care to join me? :) x - *Boss Lady* Happy new year! - Toney Loc :) - *Boss Lady* 
:kiss: - *Boss Lady* :flirt: - *Boss Lady* :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Yes, your majesty. Your wish is my command. - *Boss Lady* Did you know that I walked around saying ... 'Breakdown, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit ... ALL DAY LONG?! That would be your fault! - *Boss Lady* 
I need a drink, fancy it? - Bossy You're sex on legs. I'll get the pints. :luvbed: - Bossy Easter pint for my e-lover :love: - Bossy Who could stay miserable after that? :love: - Bossy Good Sir, I hope you are well. - Uns 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - _PlaT_NuM_ Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - PensionKiller World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr Jones AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Clyde Barrow 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -veteran420- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Autism - -veteran420- Autism - -veteran420- Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - -veteran420- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - INSECT Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Nani Loc Head and Neck Cancer - Southpaw Stinger Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Southpaw Stinger Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - - v e t - 

I'm sure he could do sponsored hugs for terminally ill children.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:46 PM
TheMexHurricane
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 TheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 45,860.38

John Ruiz! I was absolutely infuriated to the point of tears when James Toney the lowlife, co*ck sucking steroid punk was talking all that junk in the prefight press conference and Ruiz was such a humble gentlemen that he didn't even know how to respond. Ruiz reminds me of what the Oakland Raiders owner used to say "just win, baby"--and win he did. Ruiz is the classiest heavyweight of all time. Bar none--and one of the classiest boxers of all time to be honest.
Man, I wish the world for this beautiful kid! Hope he's doing well!
Old 05-01-2011, 12:17 AM
cleaner147
Retired

Rep Power: 16 cleaner147 has a reputation beyond reputecleaner147 has a reputation beyond reputecleaner147 has a reputation beyond reputecleaner147 has a reputation beyond reputecleaner147 has a reputation beyond reputecleaner147 has a reputation beyond reputecleaner147 has a reputation beyond reputecleaner147 has a reputation beyond reputecleaner147 has a reputation beyond reputecleaner147 has a reputation beyond reputecleaner147 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.01
Total Points: 2,307,411.83
Merry Xmas - mangler Here's a gift - mangler Piece of cake - mangler Have one, bro. - 'Sugar' Freddi .............. - Puft Puft Pass 
Super poster and bud! - jazluvr449 For good luck with your bets! - jazluvr449 1000th post - 'Sugar' Freddi Have a beer :) - Irish Hitman Thanks. - 'Sugar' Freddi 
if you're hungry lol - 'Sugar' Freddi tuna melt - MANGLER thanks - Dale Cardon top person to do bets with - Sir TomJones 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Artur Kyshenko Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S A M U R A I Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S A M U R A I Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S A M U R A I 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - 'Sugar' Freddi Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - 'Sugar' Freddi Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Freedom Fighter Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - 'Sugar' Freddi 

at least he met Bush...

oh I had him beat Valuev at least once.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:20 AM
paulf
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
John Ruiz! I was absolutely infuriated to the point of tears when James Toney the lowlife, co*ck sucking steroid punk was talking all that junk in the prefight press conference and Ruiz was such a humble gentlemen that he didn't even know how to respond. Ruiz reminds me of what the Oakland Raiders owner used to say "just win, baby"--and win he did. Ruiz is the classiest heavyweight of all time. Bar none--and one of the classiest boxers of all time to be honest.
Man, I wish the world for this beautiful kid! Hope he's doing well!
Ah many, Toney is always talking smack. It didn't get to Ruiz, besides he had Stone to talk **** for him, and Stone went off as always ("Toney the phony!") A classic press conference for sure.

Ruiz was a class act, and honestly his complete style overhaul (no clenching!) towards the end of his career revealed a solid boxer. I mean, did he and Haye clench at all?

Anyway, I respect anyone that becomes the (real) heavyweight champion of the world, and John was indeed the champ.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:55 AM
BTL
AvE

Rep Power: 26 BTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 339,064,551,860,986.88
Total Points: 339,064,552,649,863.50
I don't want to mess up your gifts, so here's an Easter clover lol :) Happy Easter. - Bossy No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL 
No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL 
No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Fresno Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BTL Childhood Cancer - BTL Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BTL Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BTL 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BTL Autism - BTL Head and Neck Cancer - BTL Hepatitis C - BTL Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - BTL 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - BTL Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BTL Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BTL Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BTL Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BTL 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - BTL Autism - BTL Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - BTL Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - BTL World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BTL 

Toney the phony.. Simple but very effective.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 106 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,823,980.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

I was wondering about Ruiz the other day, A real good fighter i thought, not visually spectacular but very effective.

Glad he is enjoying new challanges.