Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-22-2011, 02:14 AM
$Natedatpkid$
GUCCI

Rep Power: 24 $Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute$Natedatpkid$ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 97,788,739,649.17
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant 
Default I think Lopez wanting to outdue Gamboa is whats hurting him right now...

Lopez & Gamboa know this is the fight the whole boxing world wants to see and since they can't fight I feel like their's a little competition going on to see who can outdue the other and look better.

Before Gamboa came along Lopez was a motha****in unstoppable monster and then once Gamboa started making it big we started seeing Lopez with more and more problems. For example his last fight since Gamboa decision'd him I think he came in wanting the KO so bad to outdue him that it cost him in the end.

You gotta do what you gotta do to win first and the KO will come. Thats why Gamboa is looking so damn good right now. I think Lopez needs to go back to that.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Spray_resistant
Probably Top 10 In my Era

Rep Power: 107 Spray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,454,867,006.30
Total Points: 6,030,611,434,436.67
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest for you and vanity to use - Hi-Dro 
Whoreville Appreciation Award - Jack Napier for a friend - xi! one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays to you are your gorgeous missus. x x x - *Boss Lady* Happy New Year - Freedom. 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy holidays bro! - led* valuable addition to the training forum - jas 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Send a message via AIM to Spray_resistant

JuanMa to me just looked particularly lethargic and kind of soft compared to how he usually does in fights, IDK if he had an off night or was distracted or took Salido lightly but I have seen a much better JuanMa than that in the past.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:30 AM
sdcluser
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 sdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,901,116,608.06
Total Points: 2,932,989,422.17
you need a gift. - I'm so sorry No Message - sdcluser Good Luck Sucker..lol..PRPP - PRPOWERPUNCHES 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedatpkid View Post
Lopez & Gamboa know this is the fight the whole boxing world wants to see and since they can't fight I feel like their's a little competition going on to see who can outdue the other and look better.

Before Gamboa came along Lopez was a motha****in unstoppable monster and then once Gamboa started making it big we started seeing Lopez with more and more problems. For example his last fight since Gamboa decision'd him I think he came in wanting the KO so bad to outdue him that it cost him in the end.

You gotta do what you gotta do to win first and the KO will come. Thats why Gamboa is looking so damn good right now. I think Lopez needs to go back to that.
I just think that's just Juanma's style. 90% knockout. Trade punches and landing much harder than opponents. Ppl are looking at his weakness and adapting to him. Even when he wasn't sluggish like for this fight, he was quite hittable.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:42 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Banned

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,882,874,199,869,131.00
Total Points: 3,882,874,199,886,612.00
Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* 
Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley 
intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power 

I saw an interview after his fight with Salido, where Gamboa said something that made me smile (to paraphrase): "People want to see me get the knockout every time, but it's not always possible. I won't risk losing just to get a knockout." I thought that statement said a lot about Yuri as a fighter, and even as a human being. Many people only see the whirlwind he is in the ring, and they often criticize Gamboa's perceived lack of defense, but there's some thoughtful discipline at work there.

JuanMa has knocked almost all of his opponents out. If that's your plan with everyone you face, sooner or later you're going to run into someone who can take it and give it right back. It's not a good long-term strategy.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:55 AM
boricuajr23
It's Macho Time!

Rep Power: 10 boricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 61,494,422,423.90
Total Points: 10,062,288,974,779.25

Gamboa vs Lopez still has exciting written all over it IMO. 2 of my favorite fighters! We knew Lopez had these vulnerabilities going in to the Salido fight. I dont know why many seemed shocked. Salido timed him perfectly and kept his chin well tucked. Now, we don't know whats going to happen when Lopez lands on Gamboa. He too is vulnerable of getting hit. Just not as easy as Juanma. As far as I know, Gamboa doesnt have Salido's style of fight so this is still an interesting/exciting matchup IMO.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:13 AM
BTL
AvE

Rep Power: 25 BTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond reputeBTL has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 215,019,792,044,136.97
Total Points: 215,019,792,825,937.91
I don't want to mess up your gifts, so here's an Easter clover lol :) Happy Easter. - Bossy No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL 
No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL 
No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL No Message - BTL 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Fresno Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BTL Childhood Cancer - BTL Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BTL Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BTL 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BTL Autism - BTL Head and Neck Cancer - BTL Hepatitis C - BTL Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - BTL 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - BTL Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BTL Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BTL Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BTL Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BTL 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - BTL Autism - BTL Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - BTL Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - BTL World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BTL 

I'm quick to think that only the gamboa fans want to see this because they just want to see the knockout
Old 04-22-2011, 03:19 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Banned

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,882,874,199,869,131.00
Total Points: 3,882,874,199,886,612.00
Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* 
Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley 
intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
I'm quick to think that only the gamboa fans want to see this because they just want to see the knockout
I want to see Yuri beat everyone in his division, especially the top guys; if the win comes by way of knockout, even better. But I think the Lopez fans want this fight, too. They want to see JuanMa have a shot at his biggest rival. What good does avoiding Gamboa do? The zero is gone.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:34 AM
boricuajr23
It's Macho Time!

Rep Power: 10 boricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond reputeboricuajr23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 61,494,422,423.90
Total Points: 10,062,288,974,779.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
I want to see Yuri beat everyone in his division, especially the top guys; if the win comes by way of knockout, even better. But I think the Lopez fans want this fight, too. They want to see JuanMa have a shot at his biggest rival. What good does avoiding Gamboa do? The zero is gone.

Agree. He already ducked Cabs IMO, I dont want him to become a known ducker because I really think he can bang with many of the elite fighters. Juanma better get hungry again and stop pricing himself everytime he gets interviewed.