Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-19-2011, 10:43 AM
shade darkar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 shade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,506,517,099,394.96
Total Points: 1,507,517,114,299.95
Big ups G - The_Demon shade darkar deserves a kick - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
I see no reason that Froch fights wouldn't get a lot of viewers. Most big boxing fans from the UK would stay up to watch and even some casual fans would take some interest in a world champion Brit fighting on Sky.

At the end of the day, you're pretty much gaurenteed an exciting fight with Froch. His fights being on ITV and the likes in the past doesn't really matter, Floyd Jnr wasn't a major attraction until the De La Hoya fight...things change.
not sure about that, i would have thought your average joe bloggs has no idea who froch is. also the guys he will be fighting are not known to the casual fan either. i just dont think there would be that much interest in carl froch.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-19-2011, 10:59 AM
gmc_rfc_06
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 gmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,005,046,923.15
cheers, just saw your post in the NFL thread - ~AK49~ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shade darkar View Post
not sure about that, i would have thought your average joe bloggs has no idea who froch is. also the guys he will be fighting are not known to the casual fan either. i just dont think there would be that much interest in carl froch.
That is probably true. But I'm sure the 'British World Champion' aspect as well as the build up Sky Sports could give him would attract a number of casual fans.

Sky put Bradley-Alexander, Burns-Laryea, Munroe-Nishioka and fights like that on TV; I'm 100% sure there would be FAR more interest in Carl Froch fights than there would with those. Sky were also able to hype Harrison-Haye as a PPV, hyping non-PPV Froch fights would be easy.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:09 AM
No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 No1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,507,361,591.72
Total Points: 17,527,650,161.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
Carl deserves the exposure and big money more than Khan (or any other Bitish fighter) anyway, so this is great news.

He's the most exciting to watch, he fights the toughest opposition and he's scheduled for nothing but big fights. it would be wise for Sky to get some of his old fights on TV before the Johnson fight and get everyone fully familiar with him.
That would be a great idea for sure. Froch deserved to be a household british fighter years ago. His fight with Pascal was superb this was bested by his come from behind KO victory of Jermain taylor. The fight with dirrell was a stinker mainly due to Dirrell but even though he lost to Kessler it was a superb effort and yet again was a war. his best performance IMO was the beautiful boxing display he put on against Abraham last year. Many pundits and so called experts believed he would loose to Abraham yet Froch bullied and beat him by a country mile. I for one cannot wait for his fight with Johnson. It will be a war and foty candidate for sure.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:13 AM
TRAV1$
Into the sunset, cousins

Rep Power: 86 TRAV1$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAV1$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAV1$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAV1$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAV1$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAV1$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAV1$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAV1$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAV1$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAV1$ has a reputation beyond reputeTRAV1$ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 82,534,651.47
Total Points: 1,391,525,264.65
No Message - Sir TomJones Eat up - rorymac Merry Christmas - Flab to my bro from another ho. - Sweet Pea 50 

Froch should've had Sky exposure years ago
The Pascal/Taylor fights were good enough reason for that
Showtime is unbearable, the commentary is bad enough let alone the prices.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
-Boxzilla-
undisputed

Rep Power: 28 -Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute-Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute-Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute-Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute-Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute-Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute-Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute-Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute-Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute-Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute-Boxzilla- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,068,195,025,399.89
Total Points: 3,068,202,838,854.27
congrats on 3K - Gift Of Gab Here you go! - Breakbeat have a beer! - Savino A true gentleman. - Bendigo Well done son - _PlaT_NuM_ 
Couldn't green k y abuddy..here have a cold one, on me - Kevin Jesus joined you in the e milli points - Savino No Message - Sir Tom Jones Cool mothafukka - mangler thank you sir.. u been major help - supRa 
Good lookin on the vids man - bearman3000 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Gift Of Gab Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr449 

i hope sky does start to broadcasting his fights, its well deserved. hes a real entertained fighter, i never understood why he isnt more popular in the uk. hope this possible deal will improve his profile and bank account