Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Kevin Malone
@BangBangLampley

Rep Power: 17 Kevin Malone has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Malone has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Malone has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Malone has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Malone has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Malone has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Malone has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Malone has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Malone has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Malone has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 182,283,474,101.49
Total Points: 182,383,559,023.46
King Kev's Stream - farlap Honor to great poster! - kyshenko team one of the best posters - MANIAC310 

Shit Threads FTW!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 38,932,130,396,952.56
Total Points: 40,187,452,005,978.77
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

I think it's the lifestyle.Boxing has ended up just like hip hop.In the 80's & 90's if u couldn't freestyle & U said a bunch of garbage,U weren't really paid much attention to.But now,u can make a song about just buying a Cadillac throw some D's on that b!tch & sell a million.So with the black boxer making that cheddar,they care more about lifestyle flashy (swagger) than fighting for respect.Mosley,B-Hop & the Punisher are old school in mentality.But Floyd & Boner are a perfect example of swag 1st,boxing somewhere behind that.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 PM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 324,114.26
Thanks - Toney616 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan101 View Post
^^^^this guy knows boxing, I mean he has in-depth knowledge about the sport we love.
Black people are never leaving boxing so how can a racist like you really enjoy the sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
I think it's the lifestyle.Boxing has ended up just like hip hop.In the 80's & 90's if u couldn't freestyle & U said a bunch of garbage,U weren't really paid much attention to.But now,u can make a song about just buying a Cadillac throw some D's on that b!tch & sell a million.So with the black boxer making that cheddar,they care more about lifestyle flashy (swagger) than fighting for respect.Mosley,B-Hop & the Punisher are old school in mentality.But Floyd & Boner are a perfect example of swag 1st,boxing somewhere behind that.
Floyd and Broner are not comparable and I dont no when that comparison became popular but it holds no weight. Floyd rarely showboats in the ring and especially not if he's losing. Yall need to do some research on Floyd's career before you disrespect it by comparing it to Broner. I see people keep bringing up SRR too. If you really look at Sugar Ray's career he was more Floyd-like outside the ring than anybody.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 PM
boxingking500
Banned

Rep Power: 0 boxingking500 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingking500 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingking500 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingking500 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingking500 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingking500 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingking500 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingking500 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingking500 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingking500 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingking500 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,881.42
Total Points: 22,736,535.55
one of our best - Freedom. troll - kyshenko team you deserve a kick for stupid threads - Freedom. Troll - S~T~J Troll - S~T~J 
Troll - S~T~J 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Game- View Post
Not really...IMO, that argument can only really be applied to Cuba.....because Cuba were a lot more dominat than the Solviet Union in amaetuer boxing....they had heavyweights who, over they years, would have been almost certain to win World Champs...but couldnt because of the ban.....
techically false.....

as of the recently.. it seems like russia dominates the amateur boxing championships

2009 world amateur championships

Russia= 2 gold, 4 silver, 2 bronze (Russia had the best record)
Cuba= 1 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze (Cuba was 3rd, Italy was second)

2007 world amateur championships

Russia on top again

Russia- 3 gold, 3 bronze, 2 silver
Cuba was not even in the top 14

2005 Cuba was on top- with 4 golds, 1 bronze, 3 silver
Russia had- 3 golds, 1 silver, 1 bronze

2003 Russia won again, Cuba second

Cuba on top in 2001, Russia second

US won 1999, Cuba second, Russia was 7th
Old 04-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Grandmarshall
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Grandmarshall is infamous around these partsGrandmarshall is infamous around these partsGrandmarshall is infamous around these partsGrandmarshall is infamous around these partsGrandmarshall is infamous around these partsGrandmarshall is infamous around these partsGrandmarshall is infamous around these partsGrandmarshall is infamous around these partsGrandmarshall is infamous around these partsGrandmarshall is infamous around these partsGrandmarshall is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,232.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom! View Post
It was partly because prosperous White Americans probably discouraged their sons from taking up boxing.

Back in the days of Corbett and Dempsey there were a lot of poor white Americans, but not so much by the 1950s.

I'm Canadian, not American but my parents didn't want me to get seriously into boxing when I was growing up, even though my uncle boxed when he was young. They considered it a poor man's sport. They never said anything to discourage me from participating in other sports.
I had always found this funny that boxing is considered to be a poor lowly sport for the bottom of the ladder, it's as if other sports aren't "poor man's" sports.

The NBA and NFL are majority blacks from the inner city or ghettoes. Is someone going to tell me that Lebron James, Kevin Garnett, Derek Rose, Dwyane Wade were all born with silver spoons in their mouth? No, those guys came from the ghetto, the Grant Hills or Kobe Bryants coming from rich families are the exception. The NFL is littered with guys also from the ghettoes. MLB has loads of poor latinos from 3rd world nations that are now baseball stars. The NHL has loads of eastern european guys coming from poor and impoverished backgrounds. The top soccer leagues like the EPL are littered with guys that come from poor backgrounds also.

Fact is that sports is a way out for the poor, not just boxing. But it's boxing that's considered to be a poor man's sport. I just always found that to be so funny.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Forza
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Forza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond reputeForza has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,620,182.67
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Viva Il Duce - Rocky... Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Its all about being poor.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:37 PM
-The Game-
Contender

Rep Power: 0 -The Game- is infamous around these parts-The Game- is infamous around these parts-The Game- is infamous around these parts-The Game- is infamous around these parts-The Game- is infamous around these parts-The Game- is infamous around these parts-The Game- is infamous around these parts-The Game- is infamous around these parts-The Game- is infamous around these parts-The Game- is infamous around these parts-The Game- is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 31,576.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingking500 View Post
techically false.....

as of the recently.. it seems like russia dominates the amateur boxing championships

2009 world amateur championships

Russia= 2 gold, 4 silver, 2 bronze (Russia had the best record)
Cuba= 1 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze (Cuba was 3rd, Italy was second)

2007 world amateur championships

Russia on top again

Russia- 3 gold, 3 bronze, 2 silver
Cuba was not even in the top 14

2005 Cuba was on top- with 4 golds, 1 bronze, 3 silver
Russia had- 3 golds, 1 silver, 1 bronze

2003 Russia won again, Cuba second

Cuba on top in 2001, Russia second

US won 1999, Cuba second, Russia was 7th
Technically your right...but when you consider the relative size of the country compared to USA and Russia...it does pretty damn well, it also seems as though Russia does alot better than other Soviet Countries......I honestly cant think of a Soviet Union amateur in the past that was ear marked as a definite future champ, when there was a ban in the Olympics.........whereas I can think of Teofilio Stevenson and the Cuba guy who won gold in 2000 at Super Heavyweight , who were touted as possible world champs.....