Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Pinoy Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#51
Old 03-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Amazinger
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,764
Rep Power: 41 Amazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond reputeAmazinger has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,179,632,642.95
Bank: 102,873,882,459.20
Total Points: 108,053,515,102.15
Another beer for you! - jazluvr you are cool in my books and if someone thinks differently, they can kiss my hairy black ass, lol, nyahahahahaha  take care homie - Tha_Greatest oktoberfest! - led DILDO THE DOLPHINS FAN - Left Hook Tua let's both have one! - jazluvr 
DAN MARINO WAS OVERRATED - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Hard Dick Generous Guy - SuperTrooper  - iBreakbeat A cake to celebrate, with no hate, hope you have good fate - P.K 
mwuah - Paclan Cheers - TheKza Betting man - danny711 Bro deserves it - Jedi Vader No Message - speedjay 
No Message - speedjay one of our worst posters - Freedom. Beer for the winner! - SuperTrooper Super poster. - dancovboxer Stand up guy - Unknown Champ 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - LeeVanCleef Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - kyshenko team Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James307 View Post
Mr andrew

i already defended that on other thread.

hindi naman nagkulang ang Diyos dahil bago pa man sa panahon ng Israel nagsasalita na Siya maging sa ibang lipi o lahi, kaya nga Niya binigay ang Kanyang Salita, kaya nga may mga Israelita, kaya nga may Church, kaya nga may mga Kristiano at Kanya nga may mga missionary kasi mahal ng Diyos bawat tao, nasa tao nalang ang pagpili pero wag sabihing hindi ko kasi alam, kasi pinaalam ng Diyos sa lahat at nais ng Diyos maligtas lahat.

pero unfair naman sa mga Kristiano kahit pati ang di naman tumanggap sa Kanya eh maliligtas, nasa free will ng tao yan kasi di naman tayo robot...

James What would you say if some Pinoys said "where is God" When Ondoy hit the Philippines.When Mount Pinatubo erupted etc.etc. What you've been saying is an old story.have you heard or Voltaire?. Find out why he wrote CANDIDE.And read this book as well.

Ngayon tatanungin kita since sinabi mo na "mahal ng diyos and bawat tao"

Why did God let harm happen to them?.

With regards to "free will"

If God loved us so much and gave us free will why would God punish us if we disobey some of the commandments.


I'm asking you some simple philosophical questions and I hope you can answer them.If not I can only say you are not worthy of your belief for not being able to defend it.Kahit Tagalog sagutin mo.
Reply With Quote
Amazinger is offline
#52
Old 03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
James307
Atheist na Babalu
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Angeles city, Pampanga.
Age: 26
Posts: 679
Rep Power: 7 James307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 20,219,684.03
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,219,684.03
saksak mo sa tumbong mo - LeeVanCleef need more lipstick for your cocksucking - Akinapepemo i know you'll need this. - tanibanana Pastor Na Comedian Pa - LeeVanCleef from GINO ROS - LeeVanCleef 
Fake Preacher hahahahahaha - LeeVanCleef "You can put lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig."-Obama - LeeVanCleef 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - killakali Gay and Lesbian Pride - killakali Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef 
Send a message via Yahoo to James307
Default

There are atheists and agnostics who argue that the God who is presented in the Bible is cruel. For example, the online Skeptics Annotated Bible has an entire section devoted to biblical passages that, they claim, demonstrate that God is cruel. By labeling God as cruel, they are appealing to our human, moral sensibilities. The word cruelty is defined as "callous indifference to, or pleasure in, causing pain and suffering.” The question before us now is, Is God cruel? To answer in the affirmative, we would have to allow that God either doesn’t care about pain and suffering, or He actually enjoys watching His creatures suffer.

The atheists / agnostics who claim that God is cruel have a large burden of proof. They are not merely claiming to know about the actions of God; they are also claiming to sufficiently know the circumstances in which He performed those actions, as well as His motivations. Additionally, they are claiming to know the very mind of God, ascribing to Him the attitudes of indifference and/or sadistic pleasure necessary to define Him as cruel. Quite frankly, this is beyond the skeptics’ ability to demonstrate—they can’t possibly know the mind of God. “’For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts’” (Isaiah 55:8-9).

There is no doubt that God both allows and, at times, causes pain and suffering, but God’s goodness cannot be impugned because He commits an act that appears cruel to us. While we can’t claim to know His reasoning in every circumstance, we do know several reasons for actions that can appear to us to be cruel, especially if we don’t know—or don’t bother to find out—the circumstances:

1. To mete out just punishment - If a punishment is just, can it be said to be cruel? What critics usually do not understand is that God’s love is not diminished when He brings punishment on people. God is able to bring judgment on an evil group of people in order to spare those who are devoted to Him. To allow evil and wrongdoing to go unpunished would indeed be cruel and would indicate a callousness toward the innocent. When God caused the Red Sea to close, drowning Pharaoh’s entire army, He was punishing Pharaoh’s rebellion against Him and preserving His chosen people from certain slaughter and annihilation (Exodus 14). Wrongdoing that does not result in punishment inevitably results in greater and greater wrongdoing, which benefits no one and is detrimental to the common good. Even when God told the Israelites to completely destroy the enemies of God, including women and children, He knew that to let them live would ensure the existence of future generations devoted to evil idolatrous practices—including in some cases child sacrifices on the altars of false gods.

2. To bring about a greater good- Pain and suffering that produce a greater good sometimes can be brought about by no other means. The Bible tells us that trials and difficulties produce stronger, better Christians, and we should “count it all joy” (James 1:2) when we encounter them. God brings these about for our benefit, in order to refine us like gold in the fire of affliction. The Apostle Paul saw his own suffering—beatings, stonings, shipwrecks, hunger, thirst, cold, imprisonments—as a means of ensuring that he would be ever conscious of his own weakness, would remember always that the power at work in him was from God, not himself, and would never be deluded into relying on his own power (2 Corinthians 1:8-10; 4:7-12). Against nonbelievers, God's justice is vindicated when He causes pain and suffering to them because they deserve it. He demonstrates His mercy to them by warning them repeatedly of the consequences of sin. When, through their own rebellion, they bring upon themselves calamity, this is just punishment, not cruelty. The fact that He lets rebels go on shaking their fists at Him as long as He does indicates His mercy and patience, not cruelty.

3. To glorify Himself - God is glorified by the exhibition of His attributes. We all agree that He looks pretty good to us when His love and mercy are on display, but since each and every attribute is holy and perfect, even the exhibition of His wrath and anger bring Him glory. And that is the ultimate goal—His glory, not ours. Our tiny, finite brains can't even adequately imagine Him, much less call Him into question.

All these are worthy, valid, noble causes for pain and suffering. Contrary to the claims of skeptics, there are good reasons for God’s allowing evil and suffering in this world. We are privileged to know some of those reasons, but we do not always know why God allows evil and suffering. To trust God in spite of not knowing the reasons is not a blind leap of faith. Rather, we trust Him with the things we don’t understand because we see His faithfulness in those actions which we do understand.

If we read the Bible carefully, rather than seeing God act out of cruelty, we see Him acting out of His love for us. For example, the book of Job is often pointed to as an example of God’s sadistic actions against an innocent man. The book declares that Job was innocent of the suffering that came upon him, which appears to favor the claim of the atheist. But to claim that it proves God is sadistic betrays a very superficial understanding of the book of Job.

In the Near East during the time of the patriarchs, a common belief was that God always blessed the righteous and brought suffering on the unrighteous. The book of Job is a polemic against that theology. The story shows that man’s view of God’s justice needed to be modified. We need to understand that God is not limited to using suffering as a means of retribution. He also uses it to tear people away from the earthly things that so easily entice them. Additionally, Job brings people closer to understanding God’s work of atonement on the cross. If mankind continued to think that God couldn’t allow an innocent man to suffer, then we would have missed God’s plan for redeeming the world. For God allowed the suffering of a perfectly innocent Man (Jesus Christ) in order to bring His own to salvation. So this book of Job ends up being an invaluable contribution to the history of redemption.

In summary, the skeptic must bear a very large burden of proof in claiming that God’s actions are characterized by cruelty. In context, the biblical passages which appear to paint God as cruel actually do no such thing. In fact, with a proper understanding of the Scriptures, we see that God’s actions are always motivated by, and consistent with, His holy and perfect character.
Reply With Quote
James307 is offline
#53
Old 03-31-2011, 12:48 PM
James307
Atheist na Babalu
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Angeles city, Pampanga.
Age: 26
Posts: 679
Rep Power: 7 James307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 20,219,684.03
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,219,684.03
saksak mo sa tumbong mo - LeeVanCleef need more lipstick for your cocksucking - Akinapepemo i know you'll need this. - tanibanana Pastor Na Comedian Pa - LeeVanCleef from GINO ROS - LeeVanCleef 
Fake Preacher hahahahahaha - LeeVanCleef "You can put lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig."-Obama - LeeVanCleef 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - killakali Gay and Lesbian Pride - killakali Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef 
Send a message via Yahoo to James307
Default

Dito makikita natin na maging ang piniling bayan ng Diyos ay paparusahan Niya kung susuway...

ang tao lang ang matigas ang ulo at hindi makaintindi.

Deuteronomy 28

Curses for Disobedience
15 However, if you do not obey the LORD your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:

16 You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.

17 Your basket and your kneading trough will be cursed.

18 The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

19 You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.

20 The LORD will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him.[a] 21 The LORD will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess. 22 The LORD will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish. 23 The sky over your head will be bronze, the ground beneath you iron. 24 The LORD will turn the rain of your country into dust and powder; it will come down from the skies until you are destroyed.

25 The LORD will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on earth. 26 Your carcasses will be food for all the birds and the wild animals, and there will be no one to frighten them away. 27 The LORD will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured. 28 The LORD will afflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of mind. 29 At midday you will grope about like a blind person in the dark. You will be unsuccessful in everything you do; day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you.

30 You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her and rape her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit. 31 Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them. 32 Your sons and daughters will be given to another nation, and you will wear out your eyes watching for them day after day, powerless to lift a hand. 33 A people that you do not know will eat what your land and labor produce, and you will have nothing but cruel oppression all your days. 34 The sights you see will drive you mad. 35 The LORD will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

36 The LORD will drive you and the king you set over you to a nation unknown to you or your ancestors. There you will worship other gods, gods of wood and stone. 37 You will become a thing of horror, a byword and an object of ridicule among all the peoples where the LORD will drive you.

38 You will sow much seed in the field but you will harvest little, because locusts will devour it. 39 You will plant vineyards and cultivate them but you will not drink the wine or gather the grapes, because worms will eat them. 40 You will have olive trees throughout your country but you will not use the oil, because the olives will drop off. 41 You will have sons and daughters but you will not keep them, because they will go into captivity. 42 Swarms of locusts will take over all your trees and the crops of your land.

43 The foreigners who reside among you will rise above you higher and higher, but you will sink lower and lower. 44 They will lend to you, but you will not lend to them. They will be the head, but you will be the tail.

45 All these curses will come on you. They will pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed, because you did not obey the LORD your God and observe the commands and decrees he gave you. 46 They will be a sign and a wonder to you and your descendants forever. 47 Because you did not serve the LORD your God joyfully and gladly in the time of prosperity, 48 therefore in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and dire poverty, you will serve the enemies the LORD sends against you. He will put an iron yoke on your neck until he has destroyed you.

49 The LORD will bring a nation against you from far away, from the ends of the earth, like an eagle swooping down, a nation whose language you will not understand, 50 a fierce-looking nation without respect for the old or pity for the young. 51 They will devour the young of your livestock and the crops of your land until you are destroyed. They will leave you no grain, new wine or olive oil, nor any calves of your herds or lambs of your flocks until you are ruined. 52 They will lay siege to all the cities throughout your land until the high fortified walls in which you trust fall down. They will besiege all the cities throughout the land the LORD your God is giving you.

53 Because of the suffering that your enemy will inflict on you during the siege, you will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the LORD your God has given you. 54 Even the most gentle and sensitive man among you will have no compassion on his own brother or the wife he loves or his surviving children, 55 and he will not give to one of them any of the flesh of his children that he is eating. It will be all he has left because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege of all your cities. 56 The most gentle and sensitive woman among you***8212;so sensitive and gentle that she would not venture to touch the ground with the sole of her foot***8212;will begrudge the husband she loves and her own son or daughter 57 the afterbirth from her womb and the children she bears. For in her dire need she intends to eat them secretly because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege of your cities.

58 If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name***8212;the LORD your God***8212; 59 the LORD will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses. 60 He will bring on you all the diseases of Egypt that you dreaded, and they will cling to you. 61 The LORD will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed. 62 You who were as numerous as the stars in the sky will be left but few in number, because you did not obey the LORD your God. 63 Just as it pleased the LORD to make you prosper and increase in number, so it will please him to ruin and destroy you. You will be uprooted from the land you are entering to possess.

64 Then the LORD will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods***8212;gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known. 65 Among those nations you will find no repose, no resting place for the sole of your foot. There the LORD will give you an anxious mind, eyes weary with longing, and a despairing heart. 66 You will live in constant suspense, filled with dread both night and day, never sure of your life. 67 In the morning you will say, ***8220;If only it were evening!***8221; and in the evening, ***8220;If only it were morning!***8221;***8212;because of the terror that will fill your hearts and the sights that your eyes will see. 68 The LORD will send you back in ships to Egypt on a journey I said you should never make again. There you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but no one will buy you.
Reply With Quote
James307 is offline
#54
Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 PM
led
Asia's Finest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,360
Blog Entries: 2
Rep Power: 182 led has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,999,945,741,048,738,816.00
Bank: 5,877,116,038,230,938,624.00
Total Points: 9,877,061,779,279,677,440.00
10,500 here's a cookie...even doe i never got a gift from you when i hit 13k in one year - jose830 they don't offer any bongs in the e-store, so wine it is - Rockin' The Officially Unoffical Rumblin' Rockin' Medal of Honor - 2013 - Rockin' Mr. Congeniality :lol1: - jose830 love you too! - HUGH JASS 
To The C-Foundation! - Master Cvnt :luvbed:.. - jose830 Welcome back! Have a bite of my Whoper :D - jose830 wb 9/22/13 - Rockin' With love from THE Angel - El Angel 
for them lonely nights, led :D - Fistic Happy New Year to a fellow Beatles fan - Freedom2013 No Message - Sweet Pea 50 congrats mang - sugarsmosley enjoy! - -jose- 
Good to see you back!! - Pretty Boy1 :love: - -jose- to a funny guy and ATG - DonMega No Message - Beercules :love: - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - blaze778 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - blaze778 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - P4P305 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - GOAT86 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - WhiskeyBottle! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - WhiskeyBottle! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - WhiskeyBottle! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GOAT86 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mannie Phresh 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James307 View Post
Dito makikita natin na maging ang piniling bayan ng Diyos ay paparusahan Niya kung susuway...

ang tao lang ang matigas ang ulo at hindi makaintindi.

Deuteronomy 28

Curses for Disobedience
15 However, if you do not obey the LORD your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:

16 You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.

17 Your basket and your kneading trough will be cursed.

18 The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

19 You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.

20 The LORD will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him.[a] 21 The LORD will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess. 22 The LORD will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish. 23 The sky over your head will be bronze, the ground beneath you iron. 24 The LORD will turn the rain of your country into dust and powder; it will come down from the skies until you are destroyed.

25 The LORD will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on earth. 26 Your carcasses will be food for all the birds and the wild animals, and there will be no one to frighten them away. 27 The LORD will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured. 28 The LORD will afflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of mind. 29 At midday you will grope about like a blind person in the dark. You will be unsuccessful in everything you do; day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you.

30 You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her and rape her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit. 31 Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them. 32 Your sons and daughters will be given to another nation, and you will wear out your eyes watching for them day after day, powerless to lift a hand. 33 A people that you do not know will eat what your land and labor produce, and you will have nothing but cruel oppression all your days. 34 The sights you see will drive you mad. 35 The LORD will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

36 The LORD will drive you and the king you set over you to a nation unknown to you or your ancestors. There you will worship other gods, gods of wood and stone. 37 You will become a thing of horror, a byword and an object of ridicule among all the peoples where the LORD will drive you.

38 You will sow much seed in the field but you will harvest little, because locusts will devour it. 39 You will plant vineyards and cultivate them but you will not drink the wine or gather the grapes, because worms will eat them. 40 You will have olive trees throughout your country but you will not use the oil, because the olives will drop off. 41 You will have sons and daughters but you will not keep them, because they will go into captivity. 42 Swarms of locusts will take over all your trees and the crops of your land.

43 The foreigners who reside among you will rise above you higher and higher, but you will sink lower and lower. 44 They will lend to you, but you will not lend to them. They will be the head, but you will be the tail.

45 All these curses will come on you. They will pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed, because you did not obey the LORD your God and observe the commands and decrees he gave you. 46 They will be a sign and a wonder to you and your descendants forever. 47 Because you did not serve the LORD your God joyfully and gladly in the time of prosperity, 48 therefore in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and dire poverty, you will serve the enemies the LORD sends against you. He will put an iron yoke on your neck until he has destroyed you.

49 The LORD will bring a nation against you from far away, from the ends of the earth, like an eagle swooping down, a nation whose language you will not understand, 50 a fierce-looking nation without respect for the old or pity for the young. 51 They will devour the young of your livestock and the crops of your land until you are destroyed. They will leave you no grain, new wine or olive oil, nor any calves of your herds or lambs of your flocks until you are ruined. 52 They will lay siege to all the cities throughout your land until the high fortified walls in which you trust fall down. They will besiege all the cities throughout the land the LORD your God is giving you.

53 Because of the suffering that your enemy will inflict on you during the siege, you will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the LORD your God has given you. 54 Even the most gentle and sensitive man among you will have no compassion on his own brother or the wife he loves or his surviving children, 55 and he will not give to one of them any of the flesh of his children that he is eating. It will be all he has left because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege of all your cities. 56 The most gentle and sensitive woman among you—so sensitive and gentle that she would not venture to touch the ground with the sole of her foot—will begrudge the husband she loves and her own son or daughter 57 the afterbirth from her womb and the children she bears. For in her dire need she intends to eat them secretly because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege of your cities.

58 If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name—the LORD your God— 59 the LORD will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses. 60 He will bring on you all the diseases of Egypt that you dreaded, and they will cling to you. 61 The LORD will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed. 62 You who were as numerous as the stars in the sky will be left but few in number, because you did not obey the LORD your God. 63 Just as it pleased the LORD to make you prosper and increase in number, so it will please him to ruin and destroy you. You will be uprooted from the land you are entering to possess.

64 Then the LORD will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known. 65 Among those nations you will find no repose, no resting place for the sole of your foot. There the LORD will give you an anxious mind, eyes weary with longing, and a despairing heart. 66 You will live in constant suspense, filled with dread both night and day, never sure of your life. 67 In the morning you will say, “If only it were evening!” and in the evening, “If only it were morning!”—because of the terror that will fill your hearts and the sights that your eyes will see. 68 The LORD will send you back in ships to Egypt on a journey I said you should never make again. There you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but no one will buy you.
Reply With Quote
led is offline
#55
Old 03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
led
Asia's Finest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,360
Blog Entries: 2
Rep Power: 182 led has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,999,945,741,048,738,816.00
Bank: 5,877,116,038,230,938,624.00
Total Points: 9,877,061,779,279,677,440.00
10,500 here's a cookie...even doe i never got a gift from you when i hit 13k in one year - jose830 they don't offer any bongs in the e-store, so wine it is - Rockin' The Officially Unoffical Rumblin' Rockin' Medal of Honor - 2013 - Rockin' Mr. Congeniality :lol1: - jose830 love you too! - HUGH JASS 
To The C-Foundation! - Master Cvnt :luvbed:.. - jose830 Welcome back! Have a bite of my Whoper :D - jose830 wb 9/22/13 - Rockin' With love from THE Angel - El Angel 
for them lonely nights, led :D - Fistic Happy New Year to a fellow Beatles fan - Freedom2013 No Message - Sweet Pea 50 congrats mang - sugarsmosley enjoy! - -jose- 
Good to see you back!! - Pretty Boy1 :love: - -jose- to a funny guy and ATG - DonMega No Message - Beercules :love: - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - blaze778 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - blaze778 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - P4P305 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - GOAT86 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - WhiskeyBottle! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - WhiskeyBottle! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - WhiskeyBottle! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GOAT86 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mannie Phresh 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James307 View Post
There are atheists and agnostics who argue that the God who is presented in the Bible is cruel. For example, the online Skeptics Annotated Bible has an entire section devoted to biblical passages that, they claim, demonstrate that God is cruel. By labeling God as cruel, they are appealing to our human, moral sensibilities. The word cruelty is defined as "callous indifference to, or pleasure in, causing pain and suffering.” The question before us now is, Is God cruel? To answer in the affirmative, we would have to allow that God either doesn’t care about pain and suffering, or He actually enjoys watching His creatures suffer.

The atheists / agnostics who claim that God is cruel have a large burden of proof. They are not merely claiming to know about the actions of God; they are also claiming to sufficiently know the circumstances in which He performed those actions, as well as His motivations. Additionally, they are claiming to know the very mind of God, ascribing to Him the attitudes of indifference and/or sadistic pleasure necessary to define Him as cruel. Quite frankly, this is beyond the skeptics’ ability to demonstrate—they can’t possibly know the mind of God. “’For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts’” (Isaiah 55:8-9).

There is no doubt that God both allows and, at times, causes pain and suffering, but God’s goodness cannot be impugned because He commits an act that appears cruel to us. While we can’t claim to know His reasoning in every circumstance, we do know several reasons for actions that can appear to us to be cruel, especially if we don’t know—or don’t bother to find out—the circumstances:

1. To mete out just punishment - If a punishment is just, can it be said to be cruel? What critics usually do not understand is that God’s love is not diminished when He brings punishment on people. God is able to bring judgment on an evil group of people in order to spare those who are devoted to Him. To allow evil and wrongdoing to go unpunished would indeed be cruel and would indicate a callousness toward the innocent. When God caused the Red Sea to close, drowning Pharaoh’s entire army, He was punishing Pharaoh’s rebellion against Him and preserving His chosen people from certain slaughter and annihilation (Exodus 14). Wrongdoing that does not result in punishment inevitably results in greater and greater wrongdoing, which benefits no one and is detrimental to the common good. Even when God told the Israelites to completely destroy the enemies of God, including women and children, He knew that to let them live would ensure the existence of future generations devoted to evil idolatrous practices—including in some cases child sacrifices on the altars of false gods.

2. To bring about a greater good- Pain and suffering that produce a greater good sometimes can be brought about by no other means. The Bible tells us that trials and difficulties produce stronger, better Christians, and we should “count it all joy” (James 1:2) when we encounter them. God brings these about for our benefit, in order to refine us like gold in the fire of affliction. The Apostle Paul saw his own suffering—beatings, stonings, shipwrecks, hunger, thirst, cold, imprisonments—as a means of ensuring that he would be ever conscious of his own weakness, would remember always that the power at work in him was from God, not himself, and would never be deluded into relying on his own power (2 Corinthians 1:8-10; 4:7-12). Against nonbelievers, God's justice is vindicated when He causes pain and suffering to them because they deserve it. He demonstrates His mercy to them by warning them repeatedly of the consequences of sin. When, through their own rebellion, they bring upon themselves calamity, this is just punishment, not cruelty. The fact that He lets rebels go on shaking their fists at Him as long as He does indicates His mercy and patience, not cruelty.

3. To glorify Himself - God is glorified by the exhibition of His attributes. We all agree that He looks pretty good to us when His love and mercy are on display, but since each and every attribute is holy and perfect, even the exhibition of His wrath and anger bring Him glory. And that is the ultimate goal—His glory, not ours. Our tiny, finite brains can't even adequately imagine Him, much less call Him into question.

All these are worthy, valid, noble causes for pain and suffering. Contrary to the claims of skeptics, there are good reasons for God’s allowing evil and suffering in this world. We are privileged to know some of those reasons, but we do not always know why God allows evil and suffering. To trust God in spite of not knowing the reasons is not a blind leap of faith. Rather, we trust Him with the things we don’t understand because we see His faithfulness in those actions which we do understand.

If we read the Bible carefully, rather than seeing God act out of cruelty, we see Him acting out of His love for us. For example, the book of Job is often pointed to as an example of God’s sadistic actions against an innocent man. The book declares that Job was innocent of the suffering that came upon him, which appears to favor the claim of the atheist. But to claim that it proves God is sadistic betrays a very superficial understanding of the book of Job.

In the Near East during the time of the patriarchs, a common belief was that God always blessed the righteous and brought suffering on the unrighteous. The book of Job is a polemic against that theology. The story shows that man’s view of God’s justice needed to be modified. We need to understand that God is not limited to using suffering as a means of retribution. He also uses it to tear people away from the earthly things that so easily entice them. Additionally, Job brings people closer to understanding God’s work of atonement on the cross. If mankind continued to think that God couldn’t allow an innocent man to suffer, then we would have missed God’s plan for redeeming the world. For God allowed the suffering of a perfectly innocent Man (Jesus Christ) in order to bring His own to salvation. So this book of Job ends up being an invaluable contribution to the history of redemption.

In summary, the skeptic must bear a very large burden of proof in claiming that God’s actions are characterized by cruelty. In context, the biblical passages which appear to paint God as cruel actually do no such thing. In fact, with a proper understanding of the Scriptures, we see that God’s actions are always motivated by, and consistent with, His holy and perfect character.
Reply With Quote
led is offline
#56
Old 03-31-2011, 11:56 PM
ALAXAN_FR
Pain Reliever
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West of Menetheren, South of D'Hara, East of Dune
Posts: 617
Rep Power: 10 ALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond reputeALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond reputeALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond reputeALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond reputeALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond reputeALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond reputeALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond reputeALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond reputeALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond reputeALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond reputeALAXAN_FR has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 95,010,426.68
Bank: 2,213,290,037.28
Total Points: 2,308,300,463.96
gift for myself - ALAXAN_FR thanks for the beer. Lets add this to ur collection - led Enjoy! - gopi11 Enjoy! - gopi11 For good luck! - gopi11 
Enjoy! - gopi11 Enjoy! - gopi11 Enjoy! - gopi11 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - merjohn32 
Default

KAKORNIHAN NI INDAY



> "Si Inday"
>
> Dahil sa tindi ng kahirapan sa probinsya, namasukan si Inday bilang
> katulong sa Maynila. Habang ini-interview ng amo?
>
> Amo: Kelangan namin ng katulong para mag ayos ng bahay, magluto, maglaba,
> magplantsa, mamalengke, at magbantay ng mga bata. Kaya mo ba ang lahat ng
> ito?
>
> Inday: I believe that my trained skills and expertise in management with
> the use of standard tools, and my discipline and experience will contribute
> significantly to the value of the work that you want, my creativity,
> productivity and work-efficiency and the high quality of outcomes I can
> offer will boost the work progress.
>
> Amo: [nosebleed]
>
>
> Nakaraan ang dalawang araw, umuwi ang amo, nakitang me bukol si junior.
>
>
> Amo: Bakit me bukol si junior?
>
> Inday: Compromising safety with useless aesthetics, the not-so-well
> engineered architectural design of our kitchen lavatory affected the boy's
> cranium with a slight boil at the left temple near the auditory organ.
>
> Amo: [nosebleed ulit]
>
>
> Kinagabihan, habang naghahapunan.
>
> Amo: Bakit maalat ang ulam?
>
> Inday: The consistency was fine. But you see, it seems that the increased
> amount of sodium chloride (NaCl) affected the taste drastically and those
> actions are irreversible. I do apologize.
>
> Amo: [nosebleed na naman]
>
> Donya: Bakit tuwing paguwi ko, nadadatnan kitang nanunuod ng tv?!
>
> Inday: Because I don't want you to see me doing absolutely nothing.
>
> Donya: [hinimatay]
>
>
> Kinabukasan, sinamahan ni Inday si junior sa principal's office dahil di
> makapunta ang amo at donya.
>
> Principal: Sinuntok ni junior ang kanyang kaklase.
>
> Inday: It's absurd! It was never a fact that he will inflict a fight. I can
> only imagine how you handle schizophrenic kids on this educational
> institution. Revise your policies because they suck!
>
> Principal: [nag resign]
>
>
> Pag dating sa bahay, nandun na ang amo, galit na galit.
>
> Amo: Inday, bakit nagkalat ang basura sa likod ng bahay?!
>
> Inday: A change in the weather patterns might have occurred wrecking havoc
> to the surroundings. The way the debris are scattered indicates that the
> gust of wind was going northeast causing damage to the path it was heading
> for.
>
> Amo: [nosebleed ulit]
>
>
> Habang nagluluto si Inday ng hapunan, malikot si junior.
>
> Inday: Stop your raucous behavior. It is bound to result in property
> damages and if that happens there will be corresponding punishment to be
> inflicted upon you!
>
> Junior: [takbo sa CR, punasan ang nagdudugong ilong]
>
>
> Pagkatapos magluto, nanood na ng TV si Inday. Nabalitaan nya umalis si
> Angel Locsin sa GMA 7.
>
> Junior: Bakit kaya sya umalis?
>
> Inday: Sometimes, people choose to leave not because of selfish reasons but
> because they just know that things will get worse if they'll stay. Leaving
> can be a tough act, and it's harder when people can't understand you for
> doing so.
>
> Junior: [tuloy ang pagdugo ng ilong]
>
>
> Nung gabing yon, me nag text ke Inday. Si Dodong, ang driver ng
> kapitbahay, gusto maki pag text-mate.
>
> Inday: To forestall further hopes of acquaintance, my unfathomable
> statement to the denial of your request - Petition denied.
>
>
> Di nagla-on, dahil sa tyaga ni Dodong, nagging syota nya rin si Inday.
> Pero di tumagal ang kanilang relasyon, at nakipag-break si Inday ke Dodong.
>
>
> Inday: The statute restricts me to love you but you have the provocations.
> The way you smile is the proximate cause why I love you. We have some rules
> to think of. We have no vested rights to love each other because the upper
> household dismissed my petition!"
>
> Dodong: Perhaps you are mistaken, what you seem to contrive as any
> affections for you are somewhat half-hearted. I was merely attempting to
> expand my network of interests by involving you in my daily recreation.
> Heretofor, you can expect an end to any verbal articulation from myself"
>
>
> Me dumaan na mamang basurero, at narinig ang usapan ni Inday at Dodong.
>
> Basurero (sabi ke Inday): Be careful in letting go of the things you
> thought are just nothing because maybe someday you'll realize that the one
> you gave away is the very thing you've been wishing for to stay.
>
> Narinig ang lahat ng eto ng amo ni inday.
>
> Amo: [nagpakamatay]
>
>
> O SYA, TAMA NA YAN AT PUNASAN MO NA ANG IYONG NOSEBLEED.
Reply With Quote
ALAXAN_FR is offline
#57
Old 04-01-2011, 04:29 AM
James307
Atheist na Babalu
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Angeles city, Pampanga.
Age: 26
Posts: 679
Rep Power: 7 James307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond reputeJames307 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 20,219,684.03
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,219,684.03
saksak mo sa tumbong mo - LeeVanCleef need more lipstick for your cocksucking - Akinapepemo i know you'll need this. - tanibanana Pastor Na Comedian Pa - LeeVanCleef from GINO ROS - LeeVanCleef 
Fake Preacher hahahahahaha - LeeVanCleef "You can put lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig."-Obama - LeeVanCleef 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - killakali Gay and Lesbian Pride - killakali Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef Gay and Lesbian Pride - LeeVanCleef 
Send a message via Yahoo to James307
Default

duty, obligations at responsibilidad na ibahagi patuloy ang ebanghelyo (na si Hesus ang Panginoon at tanging Tagapagligtas)...
ang ibahagi ang hindi nagbabago at hindi lumilipas na Salita ng Diyos maging sa personal, sa cellphones at sa forum,
ibahagi ito hindi lamang sa mga naliligaw ng landas kundi na pati na rin sa mga kulto at atheist sa bawat site na mapuntahan ko...
na nakikita nating pasama na ng pasama ang lahat at senyales ng muling pagbabalik ng Panginoong Diyos na malapit na.
na walang maidadahilan ang mga tao sa harapan Niya at sa kanyang paghatol sa mga hindi tumanggap o sumampalataya sa Kanya,
at lalong paalala sa mga kristiano o tunay na mananampalataya na wag sumuko sa mga trials at ibahagi si Kristo sa iba na tumayo sa katwiran.
na bilang isang mabuting mamamayan ng Pilipinas na magkaisa upang labanan ang kahirapan at sugpuin ang korupsyon at droga!
sa lahat ng kasalananan at ka immoralidad na nagpapasama at nagpapahamak sa mga tao tulad ng nakikita natin sa realidad na konektado ang lahat.
na tayong mga nasa forum na mas nakakaunawa at nag aaralan ay matuto at hindi magyabang o maging makasarili...
Salamat at Purihin ang Lumikha!

By: James307
(Baptist Net Minister)
Blog: www.jesussaves.blog.com
FB:Jamesmg22307@yahoo.com
YM:James22pampanga@yahoo.com.
Reply With Quote
James307 is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
*fighting, call!, corrupt, james kabayo, james tekla, officials*, tsunami, wake

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fight Videos - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.