Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
rico870
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,695.63
Default Footwork

What are some good footwork drills? any youtube links..? i need help with my foot work...
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-23-2011, 09:56 PM
cja07007
Contender

Rep Power: 5 cja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,699.82
thanks for the link - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy 
No Message - BostonGuy 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3yQ2oUx3Sw

This is a video of Freddy Roach giving some advice on footwork and stance.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Crushedknee
Contender

Total Points: 105,965.64

I have horrible footwork "horrible foot speed".I was thinking about getting on of those dancing game things..Fun=more=better...Jump rope is never going to be fun for me. It's stagnant.. Dancing seems more like a boxing footwork dynamic and changing..
Old 03-29-2011, 01:29 AM
Alden
Amateur

Total Points: 518.75

Hi there, The link shared by the cja07007 is really helpful to all the beginner's and all the guy's learnt allot from this kind of the video, Thanks buddy for sharing that kind of the video with all of us... Keep sharing more one post's regarding the help related to foot work also and also the tact's to do the great one boxing...
Old 03-29-2011, 05:49 AM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 28 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,697,753,510.16
Total Points: 17,782,023,038.44
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushedknee View Post
I have horrible footwork "horrible foot speed".I was thinking about getting on of those dancing game things..Fun=more=better...Jump rope is never going to be fun for me. It's stagnant.. Dancing seems more like a boxing footwork dynamic and changing..
if u want to learn how to box u cant just do whats fun. bottom line jumping rope is a cornerstone to boxing and cant be overlooked no matter if u like it or not.

when u tell your trainer u dont jump rope bcuz its boring but its okey cuz u got a dancing game instead, please video tape his reaction and post it here.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.

Rep Power: 30 Spartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,233,820,463.55
Total Points: 59,233,931,946.89
u da man .... thx 4 da castillo corrales cap - -Boxzilla- king of da 720p thread ... - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- 
Castillo Correles 720p...yeeaaa - Training4all 26 Gb!!...wow!!..nice work bro!! - Training4all ur good people ylem ... 720p homey - -Boxzilla- For setting Piggy straight, good stuff - Cuauhtémoc1502 Top top poster - rorymac 
Cheers! - Uncle Howie lite beer ... rookie! :D lol - I ♥ RVP demonoid - ƒallenloki Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
Here's a lolli for EASTER :) - Bossy Nice looking beard :fing02: my brother has one similar to yours, that mofo takes care of that thing more than he takes care of his wife lol - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Assassin View Post
if u want to learn how to box u cant just do whats fun. bottom line jumping rope is a cornerstone to boxing and cant be overlooked no matter if u like it or not.

when u tell your trainer u dont jump rope bcuz its boring but its okey cuz u got a dancing game instead, please video tape his reaction and post it here.
i really only think jump rope is necessiary untill you know how to do it.

like it helps coordinate your hands and feet but in my opinion once your decent at it its really only useful for stamina.

3 mins concentrating only on foot work and keeping your hands up or 3 mins working with a slip line id say is much better then 3 mins jumping rope, but thats just my opinion.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 AM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 28 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,697,753,510.16
Total Points: 17,782,023,038.44
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
i really only think jump rope is necessiary untill you know how to do it.

like it helps coordinate your hands and feet but in my opinion once your decent at it its really only useful for stamina.

3 mins concentrating only on foot work and keeping your hands up or 3 mins working with a slip line id say is much better then 3 mins jumping rope, but thats just my opinion.
well i disagree. i think jumping rope is great for balance, footspeed, coordination etc. general footwork basicly.

thats not the real point though, the real point is the kid doesnt want to jump rope cuz he doesnt think its fun and with that attitude u can forget about learning how to box, or achieving anything in life really. some things u just have to do no matter if they are fun or not.

what about the days he doesnt feel like going to the gym at all? it wouldnt be fun that day so he wont do it? how about when he gets hit in the liver? thats not very amusing either.. but u cant become a boxer with that attitude.