Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#21
Old 03-20-2011, 04:00 PM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12,599
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 36 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 101,231,192,549.44
Bank: 7,087,170,640.19
Total Points: 108,318,363,189.63
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post
is it a fact that he got KOed in the first round?

is it a fact that he gassed against a ****ty over 40 Ray Austin who is not even close to Vitali's level?

is it a fact that Solis still needed to lose over 20lbs ot have been in good shape against Vitali?
ko = unable to get up within the tenth count, so no

second, im gonna say sure, why not

third, no, it's not a fact


really reaching.
Reply With Quote
TheHolyCross is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#22
Old 03-20-2011, 04:06 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit
Age: 33
Posts: 19,843
Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,600,111,958.39
Bank: 2,693,290,947,890.12
Total Points: 2,703,891,059,848.51
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 
Default

Since when did the first round of a championship fight become so important to determining how the fight will go~
Reply With Quote
The Gambler1981 is offline
#23
Old 03-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Steak
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 10,816
Rep Power: 35 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 105,472,367.20
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,838,682.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah! View Post
ko = unable to get up within the tenth count, so no

second, im gonna say sure, why not

third, no, it's not a fact

how could you not have answered those yourself?
they were rhetorical.

fact is, Solis was ko/tkoed in the first round.
fact is, Solis struggled and gassed against a ****ty over 40 Ray Austin
fact is, Solis was still overweight and needed to lose 20 or more lbs to even have a chance of beating Vitali

Solis had little to no shot at beating Vitali. maybe if he came in shape, but until they have the fight in fantasy land, that will never happen.
Reply With Quote
Steak is offline
#24
Old 03-20-2011, 04:07 PM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12,599
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 36 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 101,231,192,549.44
Bank: 7,087,170,640.19
Total Points: 108,318,363,189.63
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post
they were rhetorical.

fact is, Solis was ko/tkoed in the first round.
fact is, Solis struggled and gassed against a ****ty over 40 Ray Austin
fact is, Solis was still overweight and needed to lose 20 or more lbs to even have a chance of beating Vitali

Solis had little to no shot at beating Vitali. maybe if he came in shape, but until they have the fight in fantasy land, that will never happen.
touche....
Reply With Quote
TheHolyCross is offline
#25
Old 03-20-2011, 04:15 PM
IIG
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,412
Rep Power: 14 IIG has a reputation beyond reputeIIG has a reputation beyond reputeIIG has a reputation beyond reputeIIG has a reputation beyond reputeIIG has a reputation beyond reputeIIG has a reputation beyond reputeIIG has a reputation beyond reputeIIG has a reputation beyond reputeIIG has a reputation beyond reputeIIG has a reputation beyond reputeIIG has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 42,254,589,067.12
Bank: 21,850,015,800,784.77
Total Points: 21,892,270,389,851.89
Be Joyful - Gift Giver HAPPY B-DAY MY NIG! ENJOY THE FIGHTS!! - al capone closest thing i could find to a &quot;5th&quot; HAPPY NEW YEAR to u my dude - the mesiah Gift to myself. - IIG Good poster. - ddangerous 
No Message - IIG No Message - IIG No Message - IIG 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli porter View Post
http://www.*************.com/columns...ship-material/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...is-heavyweight

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...eavyweight-wbc

In my opinion, no. Those lazy journo's who wrote off solis all get to excersize their confirmation bias but the reality is that they were wrong. Solis did look like he could have made the fight very competitive. He was winning the round and the shot he did take landed while his left foot was slipping (the slip which damaged his cruciate ligaments in his right knee). Of course he could have gone on to lose but there was nothing to suggest, from the little we saw last night, that he was as heavily outmatched as these people were predicting.

I'm not trying to undermine Vitali, I just wanted to ask: is anyone else getting sick of poor boxing journalists who can't read boxing? they just follow the hype train and put down underdogs because it's easy. Now they all get to say how brilliant they are at reading styles because solis had a freak injury which none of them were previously aware of.
Everything you said is 100% true.
Reply With Quote
IIG is online now
#26
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,507
Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,185,882.27
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,185,882.27
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli porter View Post
http://www.*************.com/columns...ship-material/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...is-heavyweight

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...eavyweight-wbc

In my opinion, no. Those lazy journo's who wrote off solis all get to excersize their confirmation bias but the reality is that they were wrong. Solis did look like he could have made the fight very competitive. He was winning the round and the shot he did take landed while his left foot was slipping (the slip which damaged his cruciate ligaments in his right knee). Of course he could have gone on to lose but there was nothing to suggest, from the little we saw last night, that he was as heavily outmatched as these people were predicting.

I'm not trying to undermine Vitali, I just wanted to ask: is anyone else getting sick of poor boxing journalists who can't read boxing? they just follow the hype train and put down underdogs because it's easy. Now they all get to say how brilliant they are at reading styles because solis had a freak injury which none of them were previously aware of.
He was good for two minutes and that's some moral victory?

LOL

He was a lazy sloth before and it caught up with him Saturday. That it may have been pre-existing makes this even funnier. Biggest pro fight he's had (and it's not like he'd beaten anyone worth a damn yet anyways) and there were people happy that he came in less fat.

It's repugnant that some heap like Solis makes seven figures while fighters in other weight divisions who work their ass off have to be three times as good and 100 times as professional to dream of that sort of check.

Just deal with the fact that he sucks for a ton of reasons and move on
Reply With Quote
crold1 is offline
#27
Old 03-20-2011, 04:20 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,507
Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,185,882.27
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,185,882.27
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom! View Post
Some writers, like Eric Raskin of The Ring, thought Solis was a potential champion. See the article in the current issue.

Teddy Atlas thought he'd beat Vitali.
They were guilty of looking at what COULD be and hoping for it. It was overly optimistic given the evidence. When he busted out a 271 on the scale, the gig was up. Anyone should have seen the writing on the wall that dude just didn't care enough to care about.
Reply With Quote
crold1 is offline
#28
Old 03-20-2011, 05:00 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 9,903
Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,738,189.50
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,738,189.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli porter View Post
http://www.*************.com/columns...ship-material/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...is-heavyweight

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...eavyweight-wbc

In my opinion, no. Those lazy journo's who wrote off solis all get to excersize their confirmation bias but the reality is that they were wrong. Solis did look like he could have made the fight very competitive. He was winning the round and the shot he did take landed while his left foot was slipping (the slip which damaged his cruciate ligaments in his right knee). Of course he could have gone on to lose but there was nothing to suggest, from the little we saw last night, that he was as heavily outmatched as these people were predicting.

I'm not trying to undermine Vitali, I just wanted to ask: is anyone else getting sick of poor boxing journalists who can't read boxing? they just follow the hype train and put down underdogs because it's easy. Now they all get to say how brilliant they are at reading styles because solis had a freak injury which none of them were previously aware of.
Eli you are wrong. Klitschko was in complete control of that round with his left hand. Solis only made a few sporadic rushes, the vast majority of which did not connect at all. He showed spirit, which you confuse as success.
Reply With Quote
edgarg is offline
#29
Old 03-20-2011, 05:04 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 9,903
Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,738,189.50
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,738,189.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crold1 View Post
He was good for two minutes and that's some moral victory?

LOL

He was a lazy sloth before and it caught up with him Saturday. That it may have been pre-existing makes this even funnier. Biggest pro fight he's had (and it's not like he'd beaten anyone worth a damn yet anyways) and there were people happy that he came in less fat.

It's repugnant that some heap like Solis makes seven figures while fighters in other weight divisions who work their ass off have to be three times as good and 100 times as professional to dream of that sort of check.

Just deal with the fact that he sucks for a ton of reasons and move on
I don't believe that it was pre-existing, he would have been wearing a knee band. A cruciate ligament is either damaged or not, if damaged it's hard to walk, it can be broken or snapped like happened to Klitschko himdelf causing 4 years of retirement. He could have had some cartilage (meniscus) problem, which, if torn can be pared back, but why in that case would he know have a knee band??

I just don't believe it.
Reply With Quote
edgarg is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
correct?, doubters, proved, solis

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.