Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-16-2011, 06:03 AM
abdul-jakul
Contender

Rep Power: 4 abdul-jakul has a reputation beyond reputeabdul-jakul has a reputation beyond reputeabdul-jakul has a reputation beyond reputeabdul-jakul has a reputation beyond reputeabdul-jakul has a reputation beyond reputeabdul-jakul has a reputation beyond reputeabdul-jakul has a reputation beyond reputeabdul-jakul has a reputation beyond reputeabdul-jakul has a reputation beyond reputeabdul-jakul has a reputation beyond reputeabdul-jakul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 249,283.08
Default Ring ratings update: Martinez overtakes donaire in p4p rankings

Sergio Martinez continues to make his case for being one of the top elite fighters in the world.

THE RING middleweight champ knocked Sergei Dzinziruk down five times en route to stopping the undefeated junior middleweight beltholder in the eighth-round of their HBO-televised bout from Mashantucket, Conn., on Saturday.

Dzinziruk, an experienced technician known for his piston-like jab, was believed to be a live underdog. At the very least, the 6-foot-tall southpaw was expected to trouble Martinez and make for an uneventful distance fight.

Yeah, right. Not against a talent as special as Martinez (47-2-2, 26 knockouts), who outmaneuvered Dzinziruk and beat the challenger to the jab before overwhelming the Ukrainian amateur standout with his superior power.

Martinez’s performance was impressive enough to regain his No. 3 spot in THE RING’s pound-for-pound ratings. The 36-year-old veteran earned that spot last year along with Fighter of the Year accolades by dethroning middleweight champ Kelly Pavlik and by blasting Paul Williams out in the second round of their rematch.

However, he was displaced by Nonito Donaire when the ultra-talented Filipino bantamweight knocked out Fernando Montiel on Feb. 19. Donaire jumped from No. 5 to No. 3 in THE RING’s pound-for-pound ratings with his sensational second-round stoppage of Montiel, the magazine’s No. 1-rated bantamweight who was No. 7 on the pound-for-pound list at the time.

With the momentum Martinez and Donaire already have at the start of the year it’s a fair bet that the two dynamic boxers will continue to battle for pound-for-pound position on their way to the top of the mythical ratings.

“The race for pound-for-pound supremacy is heating up due to the recent outstanding performances by SergioMartinez and Nonito Donaire,” said Nigel Collins, Editor-in-Chief of THE RING magazine. “Moreover, the standings could very well change again in the near future. That’s the reason we update THE RING ratings every week.”

Donaire has an advantage over Martinez in that he currently campaigns in one of the deepest divisions in the sport. Bantamweight is home to many talented and accomplished boxers, such as Anselmo Moreno, Joseph Agbeko, Abner Mares and Yonnhy Perez. Donaire also has the frame to be able to fight in the junior featherweight and featherweight divisions, where anticipated showdowns with the likes of Juan Manuel Lopez and Yuriokis Gamboa await.

However, if you think Martinez’s only options to advance in the pound-for-pound rankings is by fighting Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. in very unlikely dream matches, guess again.

Their hold on the top two spots in teh magazine's pound-for-pound ratings is not as secure as the future hall of famers might believe.

“An even more significant change could occur (in the pound-for-pound ratings) if Floyd Mayweather, who is currently No. 2, does not sign for a fight by May 1, the one-year anniversary of his bout with Shane Mosley,” said Collins. “If that happens, it will be a three-man contest between Manny Pacquiao, Martinez, and Donaire for the top spot.

“Pacquiao is also vulnerable due to the fact that his three most recent opponents—Joshua Clottey, Antonio Margarito, and Shane Mosley—have not been particularly daunting. If, however, Pacquiao becomes the first to stop Mosley, it would certainly help his cause.”

***12288;

Ring ratings update: Miguel Cotto assumes the No. 1 spot in the junior middleweight rankings.

Junior middleweight: Miguel Cotto advances from No. 3 to No. 1, which forces down Kermit Cintron (No. 1 last week) and Alfredo Angulo (No. 2 last week) one spot each. Yuri Foreman (No. 6 last week) exits due to his TKO loss to Powel Wolak, who enters at No. 7. The realignment also boosts Vanes Martirosyan (No. 7 last week) to No. 6.

“Although Miguel Cotto’s TKO of Ricardo Mayorga contributed to his rise to the No. 1 contender position, the inactivity of Kermit Cintron and Alfredo Angulo also played a significant role,” said Collins. “Cintron hasn’t fought since July 17, 2010, and Angulo has been inactive since May 8, 2010.”

Welterweights: Cotto (No. 4 last week) departs because he hasn’t fought as a welterweight since Manny Pacquiao stopped him on November 14, 2009. All rated No. 5 and below last week climb one rung each and Mike Jones debuts at No. 10.

Pound-for-pound: Martinez (No. 4 last week) moves up to No. 3, thanks to his TKO of previously undefeated Dzinziruk, which drops Nonito Donaire (No. 3 last week) to No. 4.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-16-2011, 06:10 AM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 106 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,745,113.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

Get ****ING mayweather out of there already
Old 03-16-2011, 06:53 AM
War-Robbo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 War-Robbo is infamous around these partsWar-Robbo is infamous around these partsWar-Robbo is infamous around these partsWar-Robbo is infamous around these partsWar-Robbo is infamous around these partsWar-Robbo is infamous around these partsWar-Robbo is infamous around these partsWar-Robbo is infamous around these partsWar-Robbo is infamous around these partsWar-Robbo is infamous around these partsWar-Robbo is infamous around these parts
Bank: 8.49
Total Points: 2,118,406.54

Will it hurt Mayweather if he drops down in the list or not?? Might do him some good and encourage him to fight....
Old 03-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 106 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by War-Robbo View Post
Will it hurt Mayweather if he drops down in the list or not?? Might do him some good and encourage him to fight....
he can't be a part time boxer and stay up there at number 2 in the rankings, it's bull****
Old 03-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Doctor_Tenma
Monster

Rep Power: 72 Doctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,075,496,863,427.71
Total Points: 53,105,629,348,599.48
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Toney Loc 

Donaire should have never leaped in front of Martinez in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
he can't be a part time boxer and stay up there at number 2 in the rankings, it's bull****
Agree man!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
Donaire should have never leaped in front of Martinez in the first place.
reported for racism
Old 03-16-2011, 08:21 AM
jltsmae
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 jltsmae has a reputation beyond reputejltsmae has a reputation beyond reputejltsmae has a reputation beyond reputejltsmae has a reputation beyond reputejltsmae has a reputation beyond reputejltsmae has a reputation beyond reputejltsmae has a reputation beyond reputejltsmae has a reputation beyond reputejltsmae has a reputation beyond reputejltsmae has a reputation beyond reputejltsmae has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,561.65

maidana will overtake serge comes april 9 when he KO's EM in 3 rnds...
Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 AM
AllEyesOpen
Speech Cobra

Rep Power: 1465 AllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,196,982,394.22
Total Points: 2,198,070,011.17
cheers! - led 

I was impressed with Donaire, but i didn't think he should have been placed above Martinez based on just his last performance, Martinez keeps proving that aside from May and Pac that he's the best fighter in the world.

& unlike most, he stays fighting the best.