Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-05-2011, 09:11 AM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 100 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 99,510,438,943,797.38
Total Points: 105,513,120,585,294.80
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbgnwo View Post
duran is also the best lightweight of all time

agreed.

duran had a legendary career even before he moved up and started fighting bigger men.
he's is the GOAT at LW.
manny cant make a claim to being a top 10 in any weight class

his best work was as a FW, where his physical gifts were most effective
but he was largely one handed and fought in straight lines and exchanges

manny is a top 20 fighter in my book because of his body of work all over the scales
his offense, which has been some of the best in the game for a decade now
his popularity
and of course his rediculous resume and body of work

duran is in the top 10 and perhaps even the top five

robinson, armstrong, louis, greb, pep.... duran?
something like that sounds okay

robinson, armstrong, louis, greb, pep.... pacquiao?
doesnt have the same ring yet

go knock out sergio martinez and then we'll talk

Last edited by New England; 03-05-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-05-2011, 10:46 AM
hugh grant
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,038,344,208.00
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
There are many historians who consider Roberto Duran the best fighter of the 70's. You know, the era Muhammad Ali was in?

Yeah. Slightlyyyyyy better than this era.
Duran was slightly after Alis era really, but Ali is considered above Duran. Pac is alongside Ali though in many experts and boxing fans opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
Duran hands down

Best light weight of all time 71-1 record.

Beat a PRIME UNDEFEATED Sugar Ray Leonard at SRL natural weight class (no catch weight needed)

He held world titles at four different weights***8212;lightweight (1972***8211;79), welterweight (1980), junior middleweight (1983***8211;84) and middleweight (1989) again no catch weights needed.

Durán is the only man in boxing history to win fights in 5 separate decades. He registered wins in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and the 2000s.
I could list more... but I think I proved my point Durans legacy beats Pacs hands down.
Duran lost to the laings of this world in his prime. Pac wouldnt lose to guys like Laing now. So if you say how good Duran was in many decades and take into account his subsequent wins after his loss to Laing, you have to take into consideration his losses as well when he wasnt in his prime.

Because most great boxers in their prime, on the surface will have great records. So you cant say Duran won many fights when he was out of his prime, but ignore the fights he lost as well out of his prime!! And there are many.

Last edited by hugh grant; 03-05-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:01 PM
LAkers85
Contender

Total Points: 13,825.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paclan View Post
what do you guys think?
I think you're a ****in idiot for even thinking this.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:08 PM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 319,817.26
Thanks - Toney616 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh grant View Post
Duran was slightly after Alis era really, but Ali is considered above Duran. Pac is alongside Ali though in many experts and boxing fans opinions.

Duran lost to the laings of this world in his prime. Pac wouldnt lose to guys like Laing now. So if you say how good Duran was in many decades and take into account his subsequent wins after his loss to Laing, you have to take into consideration his losses as well when he wasnt in his prime.

Because most great boxers in their prime, on the surface will have great records. So you cant say Duran won many fights when he was out of his prime, but ignore the fights he lost as well out of his prime!! And there are many.
Man thats all I was saying and they skipped right over that. His wins are in bold and his losses dont exist is the logic.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Squizz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Squizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these partsSquizz is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 250,071,417.70

We can be relatively certain Duran didn't use PED's throughout his career. We can't say the same for Manny Pacquiao. This in and of itself makes Duran's legacy>than Pacquiao's. Pacquiao needs to clear his name, AND fight somebody of relevance. The Clotteys, Margaritos, and Mosleys of the world just aren't cutting it.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Freedom2014
Slayer of Theokoles

Rep Power: 250 Freedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,932,961,532,379,344.00
Total Points: 31,932,961,532,451,504.00
Cheers to Wlads next win!! - boxingchef Happy St Paddy's Day :) - Bossy Thank you Bro. You are one of the best posters here as well :) - raskat for your prompt payment :beerchug: - jose830 For the Beatle info! - led* 
Great poster - Dr.Eisenfaust Happy new year - Scott.Weiland. happy new year too bro! - led Great poster. - PainfromUkraine elite poster - A-Wolf 
For your great work and research. - Weltschmerz No Message - Scott.Weiland. Thanks for your support - Weltschmerz Thanks - Weltz One of the best members in boxingscene - Red Cyclone 
Thsnks - Scott.Weiland No Message - Lebanon No Message - Scott.Weiland Right on, I appreciate that - Boxing Goat For rennouncing your faith in Wladimir Klitschko. Good Job. Welcome to the Wilder side of things. Welcome to team Wilder. Bommmmmmb Squaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd - BrushMyHair 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jim Jeffries 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Cabron Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Spray_resistant Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Devils Advocate Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hanzoh74 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Pullcounter Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ChopperRead 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Boxing Goat Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sakura storm Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Boxing Goat World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Manny Pacquiao's achievements are definitely greater than those of Roberto Duran.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 45 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,656,338,270,692,568.00
Total Points: 14,656,338,270,676,486.00
sorry for red k - Tha_Greatest Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV 
Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 
WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

duran hands down. his wins are against better opposition and his losses are against better opposition.