Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-13-2011, 05:39 PM
VatoMulatto
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 VatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 79,985,618,031.46
i like ur avatar - zab191 
Default Is Paul McCloskey a wannabe James Toney?

I didn't know a damn thing about Paul McCloskey . Now I've watched some of his fights on youtube. The way he fights...he must be a HUGE fan of James Toney.

I do like his uppercut but he's not all that fast and I don't know how he will be able to deal with Khans speed and whether his defence is good enough. Khan should win but I hope Paul puts on a good perfromance cause I just hate mis-matches.

Paul is undefeated so I guess that's why they picked him. It always looks good to beat up an undefeated guy and it's also easier to hype him up to the public....but do you guys think he can trouble Khan and maybe even win?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-13-2011, 06:55 PM
JonoYoungP4P
TBE

Rep Power: 39 JonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,336,450,289,813.72
Total Points: 1,536,450,111,072.16
Cheers for the streams - alza1988 thanks - solly6 couldnt green ya, so ill gift ya, thanx for the threatening message - bcfc Happy New Year - Freedom. money team - MR. LARRYX 
Autism - !! AI-Holmes!! 

He is too slow in ym view, iv seen 4 of his recent fights, he seems to ahve good boxing skills but he keeps his hands down to low alot of the time
Old 02-15-2011, 01:48 PM
VatoMulatto
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 VatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 79,985,618,031.46
i like ur avatar - zab191 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
He is too slow in ym view, iv seen 4 of his recent fights, he seems to ahve good boxing skills but he keeps his hands down to low alot of the time
I'm still looking forward to see this fight. It's not often you see British boxers with this type of boxingstyle.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Sparked_1985
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 Sparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 195,422,948.12
To start off your collection and for being a good poster. - S a m u r a i To an entertaining fella - don't lose this account!! - KrisSilver Tia Maria and Lucozade for the man. - Chunk No Message - Sir TomJones Prepare the champagne. We are finally gonna win the CL with Hiddink on the team. - cannonball_X 
No Message - Sir TomJones 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 

I think he is skilled.

But stylistically, it's probably not to difficult for Khan; Khan will be able to keep him on the end of his jab all night.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:21 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,259,402,960,561,301.00
Total Points: 1,288,623,076,683,828.50
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Mcloskey and Toney don't belong in the same sentance.

I havn't seen him fight many times but from what I saw he doesnt reallyy fight like him.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:40 PM
sunny31
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 623,358,733.73
Total Points: 723,412,969.57

He has some decent skills and I think he will be hanging around european/gatekeeper level for a couple of years win or lose.

In terms of his chances, its hard to say because we haven't seen mccloskey get hit by a world class fighter. It is an unknown even though khan isn't a murderous puncher, sometimes that step up to world class can catch some guys out from watching boxing in the past, I remember my first time sparring a really quick fighter, I got buzzed and wobbled because I just couldn't see the shots coming. I think thats what happened to salita, and it could happen to mccloskey.

I think he will get lit up personally and if he can survive the first 4 rounds he might get success when khan slows down in the middle rounds, but either way I think he gets stopped. If he can take the shots and shows heart it will be in the 2nd half of the fight.