Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 AM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Rep Power: 142 baya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,211,070,269,290.24
Congratulations! - Sin City to a black PR 'nando.....like tito. - Left Hook Tua for a great guy - jazluvr449 drink uphomie!! - RIZO24 For the Man - jazluvr 
No Message - Tha_Greatest To a great guy and good sport - deanrw LOL man. I love your RIP thread - deanrw ...RIP el boss hog Thread... - jose830 Thanks, did you check me out on the bag? - Cuauhtémoc1520 
No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 youre a joke - MANIAC310 Cheers :beerchug: on your test results...aprende mijo ponte un condon! - jose830 
Greener pastures, my friend. - Fistic Congratulations on your divorce! - -jose- hang this on the wall for good luck with your restaurant - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 
Default Help a sistah out

dudes

so i have a member of my family whose obese since childhood and came to me on some honest, humbling ****; her words broke me, man. she's one of those fat girls that if she lost 100lbs would be hawt as hell as she has a beautiful face.

so anyway, her objective of our talk was that she really wants to be normal, skinny, and i told her she would be my project and see her through.

i come to you all with my issue, the girls 22 and about 250lbs. i'm going to just have her come to the gym i go to, work out with her for an hour on saturday mornings and give her a regiment that you all will provide and then we do weigh in's every saturday to track her progress.

she can currently do about 30 mins on the elliptical - she has a pretty good core, i think.

what would you experts recommend for my saturday workouts with her and tell her to do during the week?

thanks brothers.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-10-2011, 09:05 AM
frankenfrank
Banned

Bank: 41,527,631.18
Total Points: 41,739,357.14
No Message - jazluvr isaksak mo sa tumbong mo - Akinapepemo for more practice - jazluvr thanks - HARRY KNUCKLES No Message - jazluvr 
To wipe off your lipstick and other make-up - jazluvr save up for your sex change - jazluvr Don't wanna run out... - jazluvr you keep breaking these...lol. - jazluvr another refill, stop using so much! - jazluvr 
here ya go fruitcake - jazluvr more $ for sex change - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr For your asshole, since you are one. - Chups For your ass since you are one. - Chups 
stick this in your mouth then swallow - -pound4pound- No Message - BritishBoxing92 for your collection - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - MorningSpecial Childhood Cancer - MorningSpecial 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - alexpz Gay and Lesbian Pride - lebrick Gay and Lesbian Pride - alexpz 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - cooper5 Gay and Lesbian Pride - cooper5 Gay and Lesbian Pride - cooper5 Gay and Lesbian Pride - BritishBoxing92 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

She should feel free to eat meat and drink milk , choco (no more than 3 sugar spoons for a big cup) , and cottage cheese.
Bread , pizzas , etc should be out for the following 4-5 years at least .
When thirsty only water can be taken into consideration .
Eating peas with the fried meat is recommended as well.
No more than 1 egg a day , while 0 per day is recommended as well .
No potatoes , corn , wheat and their products.
No candy.
Rice consumption should be extremely limited if not stopped as well.
Weight lifting is good.
Running is prohibited as well as long she weighs above 180lbs while hydrated.
Dehydration is not a thing to do.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:05 AM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Rep Power: 142 baya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations! - Sin City to a black PR 'nando.....like tito. - Left Hook Tua for a great guy - jazluvr449 drink uphomie!! - RIZO24 For the Man - jazluvr 
No Message - Tha_Greatest To a great guy and good sport - deanrw LOL man. I love your RIP thread - deanrw ...RIP el boss hog Thread... - jose830 Thanks, did you check me out on the bag? - Cuauhtémoc1520 
No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 youre a joke - MANIAC310 Cheers :beerchug: on your test results...aprende mijo ponte un condon! - jose830 
Greener pastures, my friend. - Fistic Congratulations on your divorce! - -jose- hang this on the wall for good luck with your restaurant - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
She should feel free to eat meat and drink milk , choco (no more than 3 sugar spoons for a big cup) , and cottage cheese.
Bread , pizzas , etc should be out for the following 4-5 years at least .
When thirsty only water can be taken into consideration .
Eating peas with the fried meat is recommended as well.
No more than 1 egg a day , while 0 per day is recommended as well .
No potatoes , corn , wheat and their products.
No candy.
Rice consumption should be extremely limited if not stopped as well.
Weight lifting is good.
Running is prohibited as well as long she weighs above 180lbs while hydrated.
Dehydration is not a thing to do.
thanks frank, you got any tips on what i should do with her during our weekly hour together?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 116 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,882,175,900,664.23
Total Points: 6,882,176,005,367.81
one for the road bro - led Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ 
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Baya, if you really want her to lose weight, here's what you can do. I don't know if you know this butI am a trainer at a boxing gym here in Miami, I only train amateurs.

I don't claim to be an expert but I am surrounded by very knowledgeable people. I have a good friend of mine and she is a nutritionists. She graduated from the University of Florida and she knows the deal.

She put me on this diet and I lost 30lbs in about 2 months with intense work in the gym of course but if your sister follows this program, she will shed the weight...I guarantee it.

The trick is to eat about 6 - 7 times per day. The reason you do this is 2 reasons, #1 you fight off the hunger, eating just in time when you get hungry so you don't starve yourself and lose interest in the diet. #2 it speeds your metabolism and puts your body in weight loss mode.

You don't have to follow this by the exact time but I just put my times on there so you can get an idea of how often to eat.

8am breakfast - Bowl of cereal or oatmeal. Low fat milk and healthy cereal (check the label) low sugar, high fiber etc....with 1/2 glass of fresh squeezed OJ NOT FROM CONCENTRATE.

10am snack #1 - Low fat yogurt, less than 100 calories

12 noon lunch - Salad with 4oz piece of chicken or tuna, no cheese, no crutons and low fat dressing NO RANCH.

3pm second lunch - 4oz chicken breast, grilled w/ veggies. No butter on the veggies. You can have a healthy portion of veggies.

5pm snack #2 - Low fat pudding, less than 100 calories.

7pm dinner - Chicken, steak, fish grilled about 6oz. With veggies.

You can eat all kinds of stuff for your meals. For example, lean meats, fish or poultry. Veggies or fruits. Even bread but whole wheat, never mayo or cheese. If she really loves cheese, cut the portion in half.

You can even have Boca burger (veggie burgers) they are low in fat and taste good. Beans are also a great side dish, high in fiber and protein and low in fat content.

The plan is to simple keep eating all day, small healthy meals low in fat. If she's not big into working out, walk 20 minutes a day and just progress from there. Tell her she needs to do cardio at least 15 - 20 minutes per day.

Your body doesn't start to burn fat until you start sweating, basically reach your target heart rate. Her weight and age will determine that and you can Google the number.

Oh and drink water all day long. About 1/2 gallon per day. It will clean her out, detoxify here and keep her feeling "full".

If she follows this, she will lose weight man. Hope this helps homie, good luck and inspire her and keep her moral up.

Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 02-10-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 AM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
Baya, if you really want her to lose weight, here's what you can do. I don't know if you know this butI am a trainer at a boxing gym here in Miami, I only train amateurs.

I don't claim to be an expert but I am surrounded by very knowledgeable people. I have a good friend of mine and she is a nutritionists. She graduated from the University of Florida and she knows the deal.

She put me on this diet and I lost 30lbs in about 2 months with intense work in the gym of course but if your sister follows this program, she will shed the weight...I guarantee it.

The trick is to eat about 6 - 7 times per day. The reason you do this is 2 reasons, #1 you fight off the hunger, eating just in time when you get hungry so you don't starve yourself and lose interest in the diet. #2 it speeds your metabolism and puts your body in weight loss mode.

You don't have to follow this by the exact time but I just put my times on there so you can get an idea of how often to eat.

8am breakfast - Bowl of cereal or oatmeal. Low fat milk and healthy cereal (check the label) low sugar, high fiber etc....with 1/2 glass of fresh squeezed OJ NOT FROM CONCENTRATE.

10am snack #1 - Low fat yogurt, less than 100 calories

12 noon lunch - Salad with 4oz piece of chicken or tuna, no cheese, no crutons and low fat dressing NO RANCH.

3pm second lunch - 4oz chicken breast, grilled w/ veggies. No butter on the veggies. You can have a healthy portion of veggies.

5pm snack #2 - Low fat pudding, less than 100 calories.

7pm dinner - Chicken, steak, fish grilled about 6oz. With veggies.

You can eat all kinds of stuff for your meals. For example, lean meats, fish or poultry. Veggies or fruits. Even bread but whole wheat, never mayo or cheese. If she really loves cheese, cut the portion in half.

You can even have Boca burger (veggie burgers) they are low in fat and taste good. Beans are also a great side dish, high in fiber and protein and low in fat content.

The plan is to simple keep eating all day, small healthy meals low in fat. If she's not big into working out, walk 20 minutes a day and just progress from there. Tell her she needs to do cardio at least 15 - 20 minutes per day.

Your body doesn't start to burn fat until you start sweating, basically reach your target heart rate. Her weight and age will determine that and you can Google the number.

Oh and drink water all day long. About 1/2 gallon per day. It will clean her out, detoxify here and keep her feeling "full".

If she follows this, she will lose weight man. Hope this helps homie, good luck and inspire her and keep her moral up.
^^^ ****en love you man, this was GOLD.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 116 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
one for the road bro - led Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ 
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baya View Post
^^^ ****en love you man, this was GOLD.
See, not all us wet.backs are bad.....hehehe
Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 AM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Quote:
See, not all us wet.backs are bad.....hehehe
en serio - that was incredibly detailed and i've already printed it out.

i'll let you know how things go on a periodical basis.

i'm excited about this dude!!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:51 AM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

one more thing brother - what do you suggest for our hour workouts??
Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Quote:
en serio - that was incredibly detailed and i've already printed it out.

i'll let you know how things go on a periodical basis.

i'm excited about this dude!!
Quote:
one more thing brother - what do you suggest for our hour workouts??
Remember a few things, try and mix up the meal plans. Like I said she can eat all kinds fo stuff, just make sure she stays away from big portions and anything WHITE.

White bread, pasta, rice etc are BAD.

She can also have a cheat day per week, not going over board but so she doesn't go crazy.

If she has to have a soda, drink diet or coke zero or pepsi max, I heard they are good.

For your hour together, you should start slow. You said she's 250lbs right? She's a big girl and I'm sure she's not in shape at all so start walking. Work yourself up to jogging in a few weeks then maybe running for a little.

I find the key to stay interested in working out is find something that she likes. For me it's boxing, for you I see is running. Did she ever play a sport? If she did, let her find that love again.

You don't need weight lifting or just boring trips to the gym and tred mill, it's better to find something you actually enjoy.

What she needs is CARDIO and lots of it.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Quote:
Remember a few things, try and mix up the meal plans. Like I said she can eat all kinds fo stuff, just make sure she stays away from big portions and anything WHITE.

White bread, pasta, rice etc are BAD.

She can also have a cheat day per week, not going over board but so she doesn't go crazy.

If she has to have a soda, drink diet or coke zero or pepsi max, I heard they are good.

For your hour together, you should start slow. You said she's 250lbs right? She's a big girl and I'm sure she's not in shape at all so start walking. Work yourself up to jogging in a few weeks then maybe running for a little.

I find the key to stay interested in working out is find something that she likes. For me it's boxing, for you I see is running. Did she ever play a sport? If she did, let her find that love again.

You don't need weight lifting or just boring trips to the gym and tred mill, it's better to find something you actually enjoy.

What she needs is CARDIO and lots of it.
you are this sites biggest asset; thanks a ton 'mano.

here's to hoping we meet one day in MIA.