Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 01-26-2011, 03:13 PM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 53 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,672,638,385.99
Total Points: 236,657,501,304.60
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 
Default Better fighter Eubank or Hatton?

Who was better Chris Eubank or Ricky Hatton? Hatton has been slated alot on Boxing Scene but ive seen him fight in the flesh a few times and that boy was a terror! Very under rated, he lost to the two best fighters on the planet in ATG's Mayweather and Pacquaio, no shame there and he went out swinging!

Body attack was brutal, he was bull strong and quick too. At his best he was as fit as they come (these days) and u know what he could box a bit too

He gets my vote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-26-2011, 08:22 PM
The_Demon
Big dog

Rep Power: 39 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,844,894,401.66
Total Points: 86,932,740,924.31
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

Id give the edge too hatton.Both were super tough with Eubank being the smarter fighter but ricky always went in there with the best and beat some very good fighters so he gets the nod
Old 01-26-2011, 08:27 PM
PrinceNaz88
THE PRINCE IS FO' REAL

Rep Power: 9 PrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 39,623,480,491,333.06
Total Points: 39,623,630,814,752.14
Naseem Hamed til I die - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest not so happy new year bro!get well soon my man. - HUGH JASS 

I would just give it to Hatton.

I find it funny how people mock Hatton for losing to the best two fighters on the planet and then go and mock other fighters for ducking so and so.

Unfortunately, a lot of people seem to judge him purely on those fights with Mayweather and Pacquaio. He should be remembered for being a ferocious puncher at 140 who was a horrible person to fight. He was a 140 fighter, not a 147 fighter.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 PM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,138,390,421,209.26
Total Points: 52,168,623,530,574.23
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

People really think Hatton was better than Eubank?

When people talk about overrated fighters I think Hatton ranks right up there with the best. Sorry to offend his fans here. But really, come on...He as a good solid champ who managed to fight the best but never did enough to be considered better than Eubank.

Eubanks was a better fighter and a much better champion. Unlike so many people seem to do with Hatton, I do not rank him higher simply for the fact that he fought Pac and Mayweather. He gets rated much higher than he should only because he fought them. If, as the underdog he was in each, he had put up a great close fight and nearly won I would rate him well for them, but he got outclassed and knocked out in both. You rank a guy higher for underdog fights he lost that he did really well in, not for fights that he got owned and knocked out in.

Both were two weight champs, but Hatton was wrongly called the lineal champion for much too long without ever defending it against any of the top ranked champs and contenders in his division. However, he was a solid champ at the weight and made a three defenses before having a crack at 147, winning a paper title which he never defended. His best win was obviously Tszyu, albeit an aged, part time version. He has other solid wins over a shot Castillo, Malignaggi, Urango, Collazo and an old Phillips.

Eubank was the 160 and 168 champ. He won the MW title off Nigel Benn and the SMW title against Michael Watson in that classic, but tragic, fight. He also made three defenses of his MW title but made a fantastic fifteen defenses of his SMW title. Like Hatton he fought many of the best of his era, though missed out on Jones and Toney. All his losses were close, hard fought decisions even up at CW against champion Carl Thompson in two classic pitched battles at the end of his career.

His best wins would be Nigel Benn, Michael Watson x 2, undefeated former SMW (vacated) and future LHW champ Graciano Rocchigiani, Lindell Holmes, Tony Thornton, Thulani Malinga etc etc.

Popularity doesn't equal a better fighter and Hatton wasn't a better fighter than Eubank. I guess it's just recent memory and all that.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 PM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,863,210.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post

When people talk about overrated fighters I think Hatton ranks right up there with the best. Sorry to offend his fans here. But really, come on...He as a good solid champ who managed to fight the best but never did enough to be considered better than Eubank.

Eubanks was a better fighter and a much better champion. Unlike so many people seem to do with Hatton, I do not rank him higher simply for the fact that he fought Pac and Mayweather. He gets rated much higher than he should only because he fought them. If, as the underdog he was in each, he had put up a great close fight and nearly won I would rate him well for them, but he got outclassed and knocked out in both. You rank a guy higher for underdog fights he lost that he did really well in, not for fights that he got owned and knocked out in.

Both were two weight champs, but Hatton was wrongly called the lineal champion for much too long without ever defending it against any of the top ranked champs and contenders in his division. However, he was a solid champ at the weight and made a three defenses before having a crack at 147, winning a paper title which he never defended. His best win was obviously Tszyu, albeit an aged, part time version. He has other solid wins over a shot Castillo, Malignaggi, Urango, Collazo and an old Phillips.

Eubank was the 160 and 168 champ. He won the MW title off Nigel Benn and the SMW title against Michael Watson in that classic, but tragic, fight. He also made three defenses of his MW title but made a fantastic fifteen defenses of his SMW title. Like Hatton he fought many of the best of his era, though missed out on Jones and Toney. All his losses were close, hard fought decisions even up at CW against champion Carl Thompson in two classic pitched battles at the end of his career.

His best wins would be Nigel Benn, Michael Watson x 2, undefeated former SMW (vacated) and future LHW champ Graciano Rocchigiani, Lindell Holmes, Tony Thornton, Thulani Malinga etc etc.

Popularity doesn't equal a better fighter and Hatton wasn't a better fighter than Eubank. I guess it's just recent memory and all that.
I was a big fan of Hatton. But as Benny say's, Eubank was the much more well rounded fighter.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:08 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,910,712,360.28
Total Points: 1,920,935,763.10
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Eubank took the game more seriously and was never one for sitting on the bog when he should have been training. He never affiliated himself with the local darts team or Donner Kebab club and was never seen walking around like Barry White inbetween fights.. Furthermore, he respected his trainer didn't get knocked out and didn't go running to the enemy as soon as he regained consciousness..

Other than that, Hatton could have been greater than Eubank.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Toney616
The Avenger

Rep Power: 12 Toney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,249.19
Total Points: 800,750.65
Great Poster! Keep going. - "Marvelous" Have a beer on me :) - WAR FERGIE for your hard work and great pics - project xxx1 Thanks for the heads up - kyshenko team Great Thread Starter award - The Surgeon 
cheers to you for the great threads in the boxing history section you make - WesleySnipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post

solid post
Old 01-27-2011, 07:33 AM
The_Demon
Big dog

Rep Power: 39 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,844,894,401.66
Total Points: 86,932,740,924.31
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

Ive never really seen people overrate hatton,if anything he is underrated.Im aware of Eubanks solid resume and know he has some very good wins but i give hatton the edge as the overall package,and thats nothing too do with him being 'fresh in my memory' either
Old 01-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Quarry
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,148.36

Greatest Super-Middleweight Champions

1/. Roy Jones
2/. James Toney
3/. Michael Nunn
4/. Joe Calzaghe
5/. Ray Leonard
6/. Nigel Benn