No announcement yet.

If Floyd has too face a bigger opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Floyd has too face a bigger opponent

Which fight would allow him to still have respect win or lose a fight against Winky Wright or a fight against Antonio Margarito? Which fight in most of the boxing publics eyes would Floyd have nothing to lose and everything to gain??

Thats a question I was asking myself today. And personally if Floyd is going to take a fight against somebody bigger then him I can only see it really being against a Winky Wright or a big name like DLH. In the Margarito case if he Margarito somehow beats Floyd everybody is going to discount Floyd's legacy. If Floyd were to however face a guy like Winky Wright he would get nothing but props win or lose because Winky Wright just fought the MW champion of the world to a draw and is already known around the world as one of the best P4P fighters out there.

So my point behind this thread basically is if Floyd ever decides to face somebody that is much bigger the him and that is a very high risk fight I'd expect him to face Wright before he would face Margarito because Floyd's stock wouldn't drop if he lost to Wright but it would if he lost to Margarito.

If you are the p4p fighter you must face the best fighters at your weight regardless of your fear. If you fear the fighters in your division then move down or up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity
      If you are the p4p fighter you must face the best fighters at your weight regardless of your fear. If you fear the fighters in your division then move down or up in weight.
      I think Floyd is looking at the risk / reward. Like the original poster said, if Floyd lost to Tony, it would discredit everything that he's accomplished so far. However is Floyd won against Tony, even if he won bad, the Tony win all of a sudden becomes a bad win against "a big, slow, telegraphic punching, overrated bum." Who had no big wins on his rusume anyway... Honestly Floyd has absolutely nothing to gain by taking this fight, and a lot to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman
        I think Floyd is looking at the risk / reward. Like the original poster said, if Floyd lost to Tony, it would discredit everything that he's accomplished so far. However is Floyd won against Tony, even if he won bad, the Tony win all of a sudden becomes a bad win against "a big, slow, telegraphic punching, overrated bum." Who had no big wins on his rusume anyway... Honestly Floyd has absolutely nothing to gain by taking this fight, and a lot to lose.

I see Floyd Mayweather and i see a fighter? What do you see?

Comment

I see a fighter, An ordinary fight fan would want De La Hoya VS Mayweather or Winky VS Mayweather but a real fan who knows boxing wants Margarito VS Mayweather....Do yous agree

But as yous have said he's got nothing too gain and everything too loose againt Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman

Enlighten up dude, do you know what youre talking about?

Yeah right risk/reward. What reward will PBF get in fighting Baldomir or Gatti? Is he getting more than $ 8 MILLION? If he has nothing to gain in fighting Marg what will he gain in fighting Baldomir or Gatti. What happen to PBFs excuse that he is only fighting big money fights?

The simple fact is both Marg and PBF is a title holder in the same weight class and they should settle the score to find out who really is the CHAMP PERIOD!

Common STOP making excuses for PBF. Irregardless how you people try to twist the facts the truth will always prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by MayweatherJR
              I see a fighter, An ordinary fight fan would want De La Hoya VS Mayweather or Winky VS Mayweather but a real fan who knows boxing wants Margarito VS Mayweather....Do yous agree

But as yous have said he's got nothing too gain and everything too loose againt Margarito.

Nopes! Excuse me, PBF has nothing to gain in fighting anybody because he is already the p4p no 1 fighter. Is there any higher stature than that?

So if he's not gonna fight a fellow title holder in the same weight class he might as well retire before he gets exposed completely.

Jesus! He doesn't deserve his title as a p4p no 1 fighter.

Comment

i pity the fool that doesnt see a fighter..lol

Comment

Me too, Yeah ofcourse he has everything too loose I get what your saying Physcopath but he's not looking for retirement he's looking for his next opponent and that what where discussing..... No disrespect

Comment

I can aggree with this. But lets remember floyd is in the hurt business, he is a fighter and one of the best, he should act like it by fighting the best in his division.

Comment

Working...
                    X