Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Winky for Kessler. Mads Larsen calls Kessler a child!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Can you provide proof that Dawson turned it down? Because I can tell you that in next months International Boxing Digest that his management said YES they are willing to come down to fight Kessler or anyone else willing to step up.
    Seriously?

As a Dawson fan I don't want to see him move from 175. He needs to focus on establishing himself as a dominant LHW champion to build his profile.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Visitation View Post
      Why should it? Kessler has shown no sign so far of moving up to LHW. There's an awful lot of unfinished business at SMW for a start.

EDIT. Hmm.. didn't know Dawson had actually turned Kessler down.
      Yes he has. He's asked for a Calzaghe rematch and a Hopkins bout (supposedly). Does he think they're coming down to super middle for him?

And I have the quotes from Dawson's team regarding they're willingness to fight Kessler at any weight. I'm waiting for quotes from his team that say otherwise.

Comment

Can you provide proof that Dawson turned it down? Because I can tell you that in next months International Boxing Digest that his management said YES they are willing to come down to fight Kessler or anyone else willing to step up.
        Nothing solid obviously as I'm not part of the negotiations, but Palle/Marley has said that they were willing to do it at a catchweight and according to reports here on NSB Dawson only wanted the fight at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
          Seriously?

As a Dawson fan I don't want to see him move from 175. He needs to focus on establishing himself as a dominant LHW champion to build his profile.
          Yes, they did. In the new International Boxing Digest with Hopkins on the cover. These are quotes from the post-fight presser following Dawson-Tarver. Then see how HBO tried to negotiate a match with Kessler.

Based on those quotes & HBO's actions, I don't buy this "Dawson wouldn't agree to a catchweight" mess I'm hearing from Kessler's team. Yeah, right. So they'd move up to LHW to fight other guys but for Dawson he has to move down? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
            Nothing solid obviously as I'm not part of the negotiations, but Palle/Marley has said that they were willing to do it at a catchweight and according to reports here on NSB Dawson only wanted the fight at 175.

What reports on here said that? I'm still waiting for a quote. I've provided a published boxing magazine along with the issue that says the exact opposite. And the only thing I've seen on here is that Kessler turned the fight down. And then some crap about how big of a fighter Dawson is (really? The same Dawson who was fighting at 160 not too long ago?).

Comment

Yes, they did. In the new International Boxing Digest with Hopkins on the cover. These are quotes from the post-fight presser following Dawson-Tarver. Then see how HBO tried to negotiate a match with Kessler.

Based on those quotes & HBO's actions, I don't buy this "Dawson wouldn't agree to a catchweight" mess I'm hearing from Kessler's team. Yeah, right. So they'd move up to LHW to fight other guys but for Dawson he has to move down? Hmmm...
              Yeah. That's what I heard. They were willing to move up for Hopkins and Calzaghe. Not for Dawson.

Comment

What reports on here said that? I'm still waiting for a quote. I've provided a published boxing magazine along with the issue that says the exact opposite. And the only thing I've seen on here is that Kessler turned the fight down. And then some crap about how big of a fighter Dawson is (really? The same Dawson who was fighting at 160 not too long ago?).
                Yeah, the argument that Dawson is bigger than Kessler is ridiculous. There is no way Dawson is significantly the bigger man. He could easily still be fighting at 168 whereas Mikkel is a massive SMW.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
                  Yeah. That's what I heard. They were willing to move up for Hopkins and Calzaghe. Not for Dawson.
                  How convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
                    Yeah, the argument that Dawson is bigger than Kessler is ridiculous. There is no way Dawson is significantly the bigger man. He could easily still be fighting at 168 whereas Mikkel is a massive SMW.
                    Yup. And regardless, Dawson is willing to do it at any weight. Kessler needs to **** or get off the pot.

Comment

Yup. And regardless, Dawson is willing to do it at any weight. Kessler needs to **** or get off the pot.
                      I'm a Kessler fan. I have been growing increasingly disillusioned though. He has two chances left with me. If he doesn't take on a reasonable opponent in one of his next two fights I am done with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X