No announcement yet.

Beginners tips Need help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginners tips Need help!

Good day, Iam really obsest about boxing.
    Iam 16 Years old i weigh 125 lbs but iam really short breathed, because i smoked siggarets before and now i stopped with that (a Real stupid Mistake to start s moking) I can hardly gain Fat too, When I look in the mirror i cant see fat only my muscles is that a good or a bad thing?
    what is the best thing to do to gain energy, weight and speed?

+ Cycle
    + Go To a gym
    + Would vitamine drink help?

please feedback!
    Last edited by elitebzrk; 01-08-2008, 12:28 PM.

Originally posted by elitebzrk View Post
    Good day, Iam really obsest about boxing.
    Iam 16 Years old i weigh 125 lbs but iam really short breathed, because i smoked siggarets before and now i stopped with that (a Real stupid Mistake to start s moking) I can hardly gain Fat too, When I look in the mirror i cant see fat only my muscles is that a good or a bad thing?
    what is the best thing to do to gain energy, weight and speed?

+ Cycle
    + Go To a gym
    + Would vitamine drink help?

please feedback!

Run and run some more. You mentioned you smoked and smoking would make you eat less so thats maybe why you cna see your muscles with no working out, a low body fat percentage becuase of lack of food.

Comment

gain weight

as it was said, probably from smoking you don't have much fat. I wouldn't try to put on too much weight, but strengthen the muscles you have, it weight comes, so be it. and then run, run, and run some more, try and get those lungs back in shape - I don't know if its possible...how much did you smoke???

http://www.fromthecage.com/boxing-news.html

Comment

/

there is so many, ...to many things to to answer to that question.
        there is hunderds of ways of becomking fit ect.

main way is to eat well , no junk food.
        and exercise well.
        like running, and stuyf like that.
        if your skinny you could try weight lifting and p[lently of protein food and you may become bigger.

there is npo real , get fit quick scheme.
        youve got to exercise and diet

Comment

/

btw , for your age id say your under weight.

im 15, i box for a year now, im not fat at all, and im not really super toned im just an avrage thing guy.
          and i was 175lbs im 6ft 2

unless your quite small in size then, you dont wight muich and if that you in ur pic, then ur pretty skinny.

if you box ata gym then it dosent really matter aslong as your fit, but you may want to eat protein and lift weights to gain size.

try www.teenbodybuilding.com

Comment

Don't worry too much about your weight right now, unless you are extremely light for your height. How tall are you?
            Also, smoking is always a bad thing that can only work against you but it's never too late to get in shape.
            About energy:
            eat properly, well balanced low fat meals, and some multi-vitamins.
            To gain speed you can do different things. For example you can train with heavier gloves while sparring or hitting the bag. You can also use weighted gloves and practice speed drills. Use weights but not too much, for than make you tight and slow.
            To condition your lungs you need to do a lot of road work. Dont forget to mix it up though, when you run you need to also do wind sprints these are very helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, and yes iam relative thin and underweight!
              I eat good and Cycle atleast 2- 5KM a day with an speed of 15KM an hour
              It might be because i grew from 1,72 metres to 1,79 metres in a few months
              I Drink 12-Vitamine juice and vegtable juice for protiens and vitamins.
              tomorrow i will go to a gym and sign me in, I Read teenbodybuilding that i have to eat atleast 3000 cals each day for 2 weeks. but I don't know what to eat/drink to have 3000 cal a day? If someone did this before can he/she help me,
              Nick

Comment

sounds to me you are leaning more towards bodybuilding and not so much boxing. If you want to box you dont need to try too hard to gain weight, let your body fall into its natural weight on its own. If you were too heavy or fat then I would say yes lose weight but not in your case.

Comment

Yes and No guantes, I want to be a bit inshape before I start playing matches!
                  not that someone hits me and get layed down to early if you know what I mean.
                  and an tired boxer haveing less stamina they will use the whole ring to make me Tired.. and thanks for letting me notice

edit/ and i tried to get my lungs inshape with cycling but ill try to do some running from now on!
                  Last edited by elitebzrk; 01-09-2008, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Its good to know you've stopped smoking, its a horrible habbit especialy at a young age like yours, i mean 16 is when girls start gettin hot and most girls think of that as a major turn off since its so bad for your skin teeth and health. So by stopping you've not only done something super healthy but you've also greatly enhanced your chance at getting girls, which should be a huge insentive to not smoke again.

For your other problem. Check out a boxing gym as soon as you can so you can. If you want to gain weight you u gotta switch up your diet. 3000 calories a day is really easy to hit. honestly i could probobly get 3000 before lunch time. Try eating every 3 hours. HEALTHILY of course stick with lean meats like chicken breasts turkey breats ham-steaks and seafood. So for breakfast have like an omlete and toast, then after have an apple. for lunch have a 2 sandwhiches, or some pasta with some chicken. then another light snack (protein shake?) have a good solid dinner, with a meat, vegetables and carbs. and then after have another light snack.

As far a working out if u want to lift weights the exercises u should be doing are bench press, military press, squats, lunges and rows. Along with your bodyweight stuff like push ups chin ups, pull ups and dips. These exercises will get you strong and have actualy helped me with speed as well.

Honestly unless your going HARD biking isnt much cardio...its a way of transportation. Start running and swimming.

Comment

Working...
                    X