No announcement yet.

Ward v Dawson RBR/Pre/Post fight discussion master thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Ward won't be losing any time soon--and he ain't fighting bums either. After this win there may be a new p4p king.
    AGreed, depending on how Dawson looks at 168 you may be right.

Comment

If the weight doesn't effect Dawson, which I don't see how it's not going too... Dawson could be a new found beast at 168... given his size, he should have more power at 168, and he's gonna have to work his ass off in camp to achieve that weight... he's gonna come ready to rumble and he's got the skills to beat anyone around his weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        If the weight doesn't effect Dawson, which I don't see how it's not going too... Dawson could be a new found beast at 168... given his size, he should have more power at 168, and he's gonna have to work his ass off in camp to achieve that weight... he's gonna come ready to rumble and he's got the skills to beat anyone around his weight class.
        What do you imagine he walks around at? And Ward for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post

Stole the old tagline for the May-Mosley fight.
          Gotcha. LOL

I just think Ward is a bit more skilled than Dawson. Dawson isn't admitting it but I think the drop in weight will be a little bit of a problem for him.

With that said, Chad is a tall and lanky dude. He might give Ward some troubles if he can keep him at the end of his jab. Thinking about this kind of makes my head hurt.

Comment

What do you imagine he walks around at? And Ward for that matter?
            I have no idea.... 190lbs? Probably both close ....

Comment

My boy ward, P4P número UNO, future hall of famer and future FOTD has got this. He's gonna smother and beat Dawson on the inside
              Last edited by Money_May; 08-03-2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                Gotcha. LOL

I just think Ward is a bit more skilled than Dawson. Dawson isn't admitting it but I think the drop in weight will be a little bit of a problem for him.

With that said, Chad is a tall and lanky dude. He might give Ward some troubles if he can keep him at the end of his jab. Thinking about this kind of makes my head hurt.
                Good points. The weight thing is of course in the front of my mind, but hey, Dawson wanted it there. And as I said before, I'm interested to see how Ward deals with Dawson's size and reach as well. I'm picking Ward to win.

I have no idea.... 190lbs? Probably both close ....
                Sounds about right, I would assume. I see could see high 170s or low 180s as well if they just training and stay in really good shape when not training for a fight.

Comment

Good points. The weight thing is of course in the front of my mind, but hey, Dawson wanted it there. And as I said before, I'm interested to see how Ward deals with Dawson's size and reach as well. I'm picking Ward to win.
                  Absolutely. Gotta give Dawson some props for being so willing to go right down to 68 and not even try for a catch weight, which he might have been able to get. You don't often see fighters going down in weight and being successful.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    Absolutely. Gotta give Dawson some props for being so willing to go right down to 68 and not even try for a catch weight, which he might have been able to get. You don't often see fighters going down in weight and being successful.
                    It's because he wanted the 168lb title... can't get the title at a catchweight.

Comment

It's because he wanted the 168lb title... can't get the title at a catchweight.
                      I know, unless the catchweight is below the limit. Still, I give him props for being willing to go all the way down and challenge for the belt.

Question, is it only Ward's title that is on the line?

Comment

Working...
                      X