Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marquez ducking Manny Pacquiao with this Goldenboy deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
    Berto? The Blueprint is already layed out:

If all Arum and Team Pac care is Event fights and he just said that there isn't anybody around that is more interesting than JMM, it says it all.

Cotto has been taken off the table pretty much, Margarito is all there is in his future.
    Didnt we hear the same thing about Mosley before from Arum? If Berto does good ratings on HBO and there is a buzz behind him that fight will be considered. As far as Cotto goes he has the fan base and with a impresive win over Margs would most definitely be in the discussion.

Comment

Take a offer for Robert Guerrero, Michael Katsidis anda shot Zab Judah fights over P4P King Manny Pacquiao?
      Yeah, doesn't make much sense since he could make $8-10 million for a Pac fight and wouldn't make that for all those other fights COMBINED.

He never had any intention of fighting Pac again, just used the threat of jumping ship to fight Manny as leverage to get more money from GBP. It'd be hilarious if Arum offered Pac's next fight to Zab, but going with Berto would make sense I suppose. Maybe even Tim Bradley, Arum's mentioned that recently as a fight he wants to put together.

Comment

Alright, that's just arguing semantics. Replace the word "Ducking" and use whatever word you like.

To me it's reminisce of the whole David Haye deal a few years ago. He goes and chases Wlad around in German shopping malls for a Title shot, then when the opportunity is right there, he starts backing off and making excuses.
        It's nothing like the Haye thing cause in that case the Klit bros actually wanted to fight Haye as opposed to Pac showing no interest in a third Marquez fight. Marquez has been talking about a third fight with Pac since the second one ended. So has Pac then been ducking Marquez these past few years because Marquez wanted a 3rd fight but Pac wasn't trying to hear it? At the end of the day you'd be hard pressed to find anyone within the boxing community that'll say Marquez is ducking Pac because he's gonna sign with Goldenboy. There is nothing stopping Arum but himself if he really wants to make a fight with Marquez. It's not JMM's fault that Arum is stubborn and wants to keep his money in house and be in charge of the whole promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          It's nothing like the Haye thing cause in that case the Klit bros actually wanted to fight Haye as opposed to Pac showing no interest in a third Marquez fight. Marquez has been talking about a third fight with Pac since the second one ended. So has Pac then been ducking Marquez these past few years because Marquez wanted a 3rd fight but Pac wasn't trying to hear it? At the end of the day you'd be hard pressed to find anyone within the boxing community that'll say Marquez is ducking Pac because he's gonna sign with Goldenboy. There is nothing stopping Arum but himself if he really wants to make a fight with Marquez. It's not JMM's fault that Arum is stubborn and wants to keep his money in house and be in charge of the whole promotion.

Everybody knows that what Pac says or doesn't say is irrelevant, Arum is his official mouthpiece, and sometime Kontz & Freddie Roach. .

Correction, Arum WAS stubborn, now Arum is coming around and is on record showing interest in Marquez, like never before. It wasn't just a off-remark either, he specifically said that it would make FINANCIAL SENSE. And again, as said in red above, he is the mouth-piece that makes things happen when it comes to Pac. Pac is a low IQ nitwit who doesn't even know the name of the series he is being filmed for is Fight Camp 360.

Comment

He acted like he wanted Pacquiao bad when all indications were that he wasn't going to get it.

Recently Bob Arum started entertaining the idea of Marquez in November, after Mosley, and Marquez goes and says that the public isn't interested in that fight?

WTF??? If the Mayweather fight isn't going down, this is the next best thing.
            I don't think it's "ducking," I think it's just him and/or his advisers looking for what could be a safer payday (I know I contradicted myself, just keep reading). I'm not suggesting he's scared of any potential damage physically that Pacquiao could cause, I think he just figures for business purposes the new deal with Golden Boy could produce greater benefits, that includes the fights and perhaps business ventures with Golden Boy after the fights, all together rather than 1 fight with Pacquiao....but once again, how the **** should I know?

What I didn't like was him saying, he's not sure if a fight with Pacquiao could sell? What? In other words, you prefer guys like Diaz/Katsidis/maybe Judah over Pacquiao? That doesn't add up.
            Last edited by SCEN3RY; 04-02-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Everybody knows that what Pac says or doesn't say is irrelevant, Arum is his official mouthpiece, and sometime Kontz & Freddie Roach. .

Correction, Arum WAS stubborn, now Arum is coming around and is on record showing interest in Marquez, like never before. It wasn't just a off-remark either, he specifically said that it would make FINANCIAL SENSE. And again, as said in red above, he is the mouth-piece that makes things happen when it comes to Pac. Pac is a low IQ nitwit who doesn't even know the name of the series he is being filmed for is Fight Camp 360.
              Well if Arum WAS stubborn and isn't anymore then it doesn't make a difference if Marquez is signed with Goldenboy or not, the fight should still take place. You know, since Arum said the fight happening makes so much FINANCIAL sense. LOL!! Watch Arum change his tune when Marquez signs with GB.

Comment

Well if Arum WAS stubborn and isn't anymore then it doesn't make a difference if Marquez is signed with Goldenboy or not, the fight should still take place. You know, since Arum said the fight happening makes so much FINANCIAL sense. LOL!! Watch Arum change his toon when Marquez signs with GB.

I'm sure the ego will come back if JMM signs with GBP. He would only make an exception for Mayweather, but JMM isn't Floyd.

There was a open path for this fight to happen, as with Mosley, but it's closing fast. These guys are not that important as Floyd, and will only get their shot as Top Rank House boys or Free Agents. Sugar Shane got his, JMM? We'll see.

Comment

Well if Arum WAS stubborn and isn't anymore then it doesn't make a difference if Marquez is signed with Goldenboy or not, the fight should still take place. You know, since Arum said the fight happening makes so much FINANCIAL sense. LOL!! Watch Arum change his tune when Marquez signs with GB.
                  It makes financial sense because if Marquez was a 'free agent' he wouldn't have to co-promote, if he's under contract with Golden Boy, he has no choice.

It's really not hard to figure out...

Comment

Also you can't duck someone who's shown 0 interest in fighting you.
                    Are you sure?

Comment

He acted like he wanted Pacquiao bad when all indications were that he wasn't going to get it.

Recently Bob Arum started entertaining the idea of Marquez in November, after Mosley, and Marquez goes and says that the public isn't interested in that fight?

WTF??? If the Mayweather fight isn't going down, this is the next best thing.
                      I disagree a lot with the statement in the bold.

Comment

Working...
                      X