No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales Confirms Mayweather Rumor, Backs Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erik Morales Confirms Mayweather Rumor, Backs Marquez

Four division world champion Erik Morales confirmed that he was recently approached by Golden Boy Promotions, to see if he was interested in facing WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2012. Mayweather is planning to return on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Morales was approached by Golden Boy's CEO Richard Schaefer, but the Mexican champion was never presented with a financial offer.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wow, I thought he would go hard on Manny with the recent comments this year, but he instead said that something made him unfocused.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Four division world champion Erik Morales confirmed that he was recently approached by Golden Boy Promotions, to see if he was interested in facing WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2012. Mayweather is planning to return on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Morales was approached by Golden Boy's CEO Richard Schaefer, but the Mexican champion was never presented with a financial offer.

Erik Morales is full of ****, Floyd said in an interview that those rumors about Floyd wanting to fight him was bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
        Erik Morales is full of ****, Floyd said in an interview that those rumors about Floyd wanting to fight him was bull****.
        He said that Schaefer wanted to know if he would be open to facing Mayweather and he responded yes. That's all it was.

Comment

Lets face it, Gods real and Ariza pissed God off. Gods message for Manny not to surround himself with arrogant people like Ariza. Those cramps you claim, if they're real! Maybe they are a message! Marquez always did cause problems to Manny but not like this, not where the majority of fight fans think Manny lost. It's usually 50/50 not this time.
          Last edited by uoykcuf; 11-15-2011, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Fudo View Post
            He said that Schaefer wanted to know if he would be open to facing Mayweather and he responded yes. That's all it was.
            I jumped to conclusions without reading the article, my mistake.But Floyd already said no he`s not fighting Morales.

Fast forward to 8:39.

Comment

No wonder why I remember seeing Mayweather cheer for Pacquiao against Morales at the 2nd fight.

Comment

Floyd said he’s not fighting morales can we move on please. People are getting really desperate in an attempt to destroy Floyd’s name. Every fighter in golden boy is promised a fight with Floyd at some point it’s an enticement not to leave golden boy. I bet every top rank fighter is promised a fight with manny at some point we just don’t read about it every day.

Comment

Morales has looked pretty good lately, he deserves a big fight against someone even if its not Mayweather. He proved people wrong against Maidana even tho I felt Maidana beat Morales, it was the fact that Morales was so competitive that he should get a big fight still. Proved in ways that he isn't shot, and yes I know Morales probably had the style to cause Maidana problems but still. It impressed me a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

Good one Eric.....

" He came in with 1-2 combinations but couldn't follow up because he was getting hit. Something was very wrong. "

Yep, there was something wrong, it was called Juan Manuel Marquez, and that happens to all of his opponents

Comment

Working...
                    X