Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Pacquiao have gotten more credit for beating Andre Berto than Shane Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Pacquiao have gotten more credit for beating Andre Berto than Shane Mosley?

Do you think Pacquiao would have gotten more credit for beating a Young, Undefeated, Prime, ranked #2, WBC champ, than beating a guy that the world called old during the Mayweather and Mora fight?

Or was a victory of Mosley still respectable?

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

nah.....

it'd have been about the same.

5-10 years from now , no one will even remember who andre berto is.

Comment

Of course. People wanted to see him against Berto rather than Mosley, I know I did, so I speak for myself. And I did see a lot of posters saying they'd prefer Berto.

Too late now, he picked the older Shane Mosley out of the three options Arum gave him from Berto, Marquez, and Mosley. The best he can do now is just fight some one good after Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          nah.....

it'd have been about the same.

5-10 years from now , no one will even remember who andre berto is.
          Nah what?

Who are these people that wanted to see the Mosley fight outside of Pac fans?

Of course he would have gotten more credit for beating a young prime undefeated fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Nah what?

Who are these people that wanted to see the Mosley fight outside of Pac fans?

Of course he would have gotten more credit for beating a young prime undefeated fighter.
            I don't remember anyone wanting to see Pac vs Mosley, only Bob Arum and Roach, and a few Pacquiao fans that didn't feel that Pacquiao needed to take a fight with risk.

Comment

I think so. Mosley proved to be a giant waste of time and just plain over the hill as well.

Berto, while he hasn't done anything special, was like you said, young, undefeated and in his prime.

I know why The Bobfather chose mosley over berto though, for sure. Name value. Kinda backfired though.

Comment

From me? Yeah.

History wont give a damn about Berto tho and in 30years time looking back at the books an old Mosley will be more impressive than a who the fuck was that Berto

Comment

I never bought into Berto.

After the Floyd and the Mora fight Mosley became irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    I think so. Mosley proved to be a giant waste of time and just plain over the hill as well.

Berto, while he hasn't done anything special, was like you said, young, undefeated and in his prime.

I know why The Bobfather chose mosley over berto though, for sure. Name value. Kinda backfired though.
                    Yea you got a point, I just thought Pacquiao was the peoples champ, I thought he took the best fights all the time....Sure Berto probably would have been Ko'd, but he wouldn't have ran and gave it his all.

Comment

Working...
                    X