Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11% of Gitmo detainees have returned to terrorism since their release.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stuntin View Post
    No, I mean REAL torture. Waterboarding is kid's stuff.

Also, 61 "so called terrorists" that were released from Gitmo went back to committing terrorist acts after their release. Do some research on it, pal
    and you believe that because the department of defense said it? if they were SO CALLED terrorist then why do they get released without any charges against them? they only went there because they were SUSPECTED terrorist. not real terrorist
    Last edited by el malo; 01-23-2009, 11:53 PM.

Comment

i dont believe in the first place...but they said 10% thats a joke..that means 90% are innocent

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
        i dont believe in the first place...but they said 10% thats a joke..that means 90% are innocent
        or that 90% haven't been caught

Comment

only if you live in fear

Comment

I see nobody has mentioned this yet...

The deputy leader of al-Qaida’s branch in Yemen is a former Guantanamo detainee, according to a story in Friday’s New York Times.

The story identifies the leader as Said Ali al-Shihri, a militant suspected of involvement in a deadly bombing of the United States Embassy in Yemen’s capital, Sana, in September.

He was released from Guantanamo and sent to Saudi Arabia in 2007, according to the Times. There he passed through a Saudi rehabilitation program for former jihadists before resurfacing with al-Qaida in Yemen.

His status was announced in an Internet statement by the militant group and was confirmed by an American counterterrorism official.

“They’re one and the same guy,” said the official, who insisted on anonymity because he was discussing an intelligence analysis. “He returned to Saudi Arabia in 2007, but his movements to Yemen remain unclear.”

The development comes as the Obama administration has moved toward closing down the Guantanamo facility and moving its most hard-core inmates to U.S. prisons, where they’d have the same rights as American criminals. Critics fear that putting them on U.S. soil will also increase the risk of attacks and hostage taking designed to release them.

Of special concern is the fact that almost half the camp’s remaining detainees are Yemenis, and efforts to repatriate them depend in part on the creation of a Yemeni rehabilitation program — partly financed by the United States — similar to the Saudi one. The Times reports that, until now, Saudi Arabia has claimed that no graduate of its program has returned to terrorism.

That Pentagon has said that at least 60 – possibly more – of the detainees released from Guantanamo have rejoined terrorist cells and have fought once again against Americans.

Comment

The story which you're so glad to talk about is a case of the Bush administration (or at least part of it) dropping the ball. They released him in 2007 to the Saudis without a trial. They let him go.

Had we operated intelligently none of this would be an issue.

I can't remember who originally wrote this, maybe Andrew Sullivan:

" Some very bad people are likely to walk free along with the innocent because the Bush administration tried to walk around domestic and international principles of law, creating an entirely spurious new designation of “unlawful combatant” so that they could either hide detainees from due process indefinitely or, failing that, conduct kangaroo courts.

If they’d just stuck with the existing definitions, all the Gitmo detainees against whom they could build a real case under the actual rules of law, without torture and without rigging the courts, would have been tried...already. If found guilty, the death penalty would have been warranted in some cases. I would personally have had no problem with that."

Comment

Any of u seen this film , the road to gtmo
                After 9/11 , I understand why alot of Americans hate muslims ,that day was sick, but this film is good.
                http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3jCC-CyI_0I trailer
                http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MqQ9ZdgkKKo 1

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                  The story which you're so glad to talk about is a case of the Bush administration (or at least part of it) dropping the ball. They released him in 2007 to the Saudis without a trial. They let him go.

Had we operated intelligently none of this would be an issue.

I can't remember who originally wrote this, maybe Andrew Sullivan:

" Some very bad people are likely to walk free along with the innocent because the Bush administration tried to walk around domestic and international principles of law, creating an entirely spurious new designation of “unlawful combatant” so that they could either hide detainees from due process indefinitely or, failing that, conduct kangaroo courts.

If they’d just stuck with the existing definitions, all the Gitmo detainees against whom they could build a real case under the actual rules of law, without torture and without rigging the courts, would have been tried...already. If found guilty, the death penalty would have been warranted in some cases. I would personally have had no problem with that."
                  Most of the prisoners we do have detained, their host countries will not take them back. So I could easily see this type of thing happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
                    According to the department of defense. Why do so many people give a **** about these fuc,king sayeebs? Put them in god damn giant meat grinder for all I care.
                    If they werent terrorists when they were apprehended then they sure as hell hate the usa by now.

Comment

This is one of the reasons why the war on terror will never end. Liberals expects us to play by the so called rules, while these terrorist pieces of **** prey on innocent people. It makes me sick that America is so filled with weak ignorant liberals that are haddicaping us against terrorism. These people hate the americans and playing nice is not going to change that.

Comment

Working...
                      X