No announcement yet.

Doctor cures cancer and is persecuted by FDA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
    My coworker was a vegan for most of her adult life and she passed away a couple months ago...guess what she died from.
    And everyday I sit with people who drink large amounts of alcohol and smoke god knows what.. All taken into consideration they're O.K.

Life is unfair at best. When your number is up, you better be up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Not true, people die from many things and none of them can or would deter that overpopulation of earth. In Japan and the Nordic countries for example, there is a negative birth rate because people are getting married less and having less children.

Then in places like the Middle East, they are having a ridiculous amount of children.

I don't think that's what Piggy said, I think he was right in saying that you can't just claim the cure for cancer without proper publishing and review by your peers. I know the more sensational thing to say is there is some world wide conspiracy.

There was also a man who changed his diet, took coffee enemas and "cured" himself of stomach cancer. I don't know if that would work for everyone and before the medical or scientific community can make that claim there needs to be a much deeper research and understanding.
      You haven't watched the documentary have you? The whole documentary is about him having trouble publishing papers and getting approved by the FDA. He is in his second stage of FDA approval, and has been stuck in limbo for the past 10 years now. He has been around since the 1970's and has been taken to court by his opponents over a dozen times and still prevailed. I can go on and on, but the easiest thing for you to do is watch the documentary. This guy has been running a cancer clinic for a long time not because he is a phony, but because his medicine has resulted in many positive cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
        I am sure they could cure the common cold.. But why? Selling symptom relief is much more profitable.
        It is almost 100% certain nobody in the industry actually wants to cure cancer.. It's a great little money maker.
        The body cures the cold by itself.

After battling the flu the body creates it's own antibodies to destroy the virus as it comes. The problem with the flu is it mutates so you need different antibodies with each season.

Comment

Cigarettes and alcohol are well known and documented by doctors, scientists, governments and the people to CAUSE cancer and lead to DEATH, yet not very many are up in arms about that.

It's like: "Hey, I'm OK with allowing them to poison me so long as I can smoke and drink to my heart's content. It's all good."
          Last edited by MindBat; 11-28-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
            You haven't watched the documentary have you? The whole documentary is about him having trouble publishing papers and getting approved by the FDA. He is in his second stage of FDA approval, and has been stuck in limbo for the past 10 years now. He has been around since the 1970's and has been taken to court by his opponents over a dozen times and still prevailed. I can go on and on, but the easiest thing for you to do is watch the documentary. This guy has been running a cancer clinic for a long time not because he is a phony, but because his medicine has resulted in many positive cases.
            It's been in limbo because a pharmaceutical company wants to steal the patents away from Dr Burzynski and the govt is in cahoots with them because the pharmaceutical company is lining the pockets of politicians with money...it's shameful what has happened.

Comment

And the patient's medical records of the pre- and post- treatment are in the video.

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              It's been in limbo because a pharmaceutical company wants to steal the patents away from Dr Burzynski and the govt is in cahoots with them because the pharmaceutical company is lining the pockets of politicians with money...it's shameful what has happened.
              Is anyone surprised? The TRUTH has a way of always bubbling up to the surface in due time. There's a reason Burzynski has gotten this much attention and has so many followers and supporters.

The forces against his work, and the shills embedded to bring him down are large. They are doing all they can to take him to the poor house.

If this man is thrown in jail, a legion will show their support and will not let up until he is released.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                I've already dealt with Stanislaw Burzynski on this forum. He charges hundreds of thousands of dollars to cancer patients to take part in medical trials. To put this in perspective the evil Big Pharma corporations almost always pay people who are involved in human trials, they pay at least expenses. Not Stanislaw. He's charging people for trials.

There's more: He has only published one of the Phase II trials he has conducted in thirty five years. This involved nine patients and was conducted over two years. All of them died, eight of them from tumour enlargement. When it comes to kill-or-cure treatments he's having at least a fifty percent success rate.

He hasn't actually published any of the "trials" he has conducted apart from that one.

Basically his treatment does not work, and he is acting extraordinarily in requiring payment of vast sums of money to enroll in what is ostensibly a medical trial.
                a 50% success rate is something that I would chance over the toxic mess that they will turn you into otherwise.

it may not be the perfect treatment at this time yet wouldn't you agree that a 50% success rate shows a ton of potential? ..........Rockin'

Comment

It's funny that you ignore atleast the one thousand people at Burzynski's trial who testified that they themselves or their children were cured from cancer from his medicine. And yeah they have the documentation to prove it.
                  Personal testimony is poor evidence for efficacy. Large scale controlled double blind studies is required, which is what you get in Phase 3 trials which Burzinsky has shown no interest in beginning.

I'll reiterate that patients taking part in medical trials conducted by "big pharma" are never billed for participation. In fact in almost all cases they are paid by the pharmaceutical companies carrying out the study for their expenses and time.

Burzynski is not only billing patients to take part in medical trials, he is charging exorbitant sums of money. Like charging £200,000 to treat a four year old. His response to criticism has not been to produce scientific evidence of the efficacy of his treatment. It has been to produce a hokey documentary and to threaten critics with legal action.

His lucrative Phase II trials have been ongoing now for 35 years, during which time the results of one two year study have been published (by the National Cancer Institute). All six patients evaluated showed signs of tumour progression at the end of the trial (that's bad) and all those six plus another three who participated but were not selected for evaluation died of their illness. This happened in 1999. In all there have been some sixty patients that have paid to participate in trials, none of whom have had the results of their trial published.

I have no idea where you got the "thousands of patients" from.

Oh and out of the nine patients I mentioned above five had neurological side effects from the supposedly side-effect free treatment.

You haven't watched the documentary have you? The whole documentary is about him having trouble publishing papers and getting approved by the FDA.
                  Emotive documentaries aimed at people with no technical training is not the way to win scientific acceptance. Burzynski knows this. This is propaganda.

Also the FDA does not approve the publishing of scientific literature. You're suggesting a conspiracy theory that the big Pharmaceutical companies are in on but not only that, also the whole of mainstream oncology, and virtually all medical doctors. It couldn't be that Burzynski's methods are scientifically unsound, his results have not been replicated and he seems to do rather well out of charging patients to take part in trials, right?

He is in his second stage of FDA approval, and has been stuck in limbo for the past 10 years now.
                  Untrue. He had a phase III study scheduled to begin in 2010 and he never opened it up for patient recruitment. And he is in Phase II of clinical trials. This is not a standard imposed by the FDA. This is the standard for clinical trials worldwide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phases_...nical_research

How can he expect to embark on a phase III trial when he hasn't managed to produce a Phase II trial that shows any promising signs of efficacy for his treatment?

He has been around since the 1970's and has been taken to court by his opponents over a dozen times and still prevailed. I can go on and on, but the easiest thing for you to do is watch the documentary. This guy has been running a cancer clinic for a long time not because he is a phony, but because his medicine has resulted in many positive cases.
                  Then he needs to publish. If Andrew Wakefield could get published in the Lancet then I'm sure his trials could pass peer review. The fact is that if you want acceptance in the scientific community then you publish in peer reviewed journals and allow others to attempt to replicate your results. Burzynski has declined to do this apart from once in over thirty years.

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  a 50% success rate is something that I would chance over the toxic mess that they will turn you into otherwise.

it may not be the perfect treatment at this time yet wouldn't you agree that a 50% success rate shows a ton of potential? ..........Rockin'
                  Look I know you're not terribly bright but at least try comprehending what I've written.

I've said it's "kill-or-cure" and was 50% successful. The 50% was the "kill" part. It's sort of a joke. It's 50% successful because everybody died.

Now I don't mean to imply that people were killed by the treatment, this was an off-the-cuff comment about the fact that everyone who took part in Burzynski's single published study died of the disease Burzynski was supposed to be treating. "Kill-or-cure" is a British idiom referring to a remedy that will either be completely successful or will be a complete failure. There was even a British comedy with that title in the 1960s.

So I played on the idiom by taking it literally and applying it to a study in which every patient undergoing the treatment actually died.

God, having to explain jokes really does make everyone else feel stupider.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Personal testimony is poor evidence for efficacy. Large scale controlled double blind studies is required, which is what you get in Phase 3 trials which Burzinsky has shown no interest in beginning.
                    The personal testimony consists of documentation of cancer prior to Burzynski's treatment, an the absence of cancer after the treatment. This isn't one or two people who medically cleared of cancer after going through his treatment, this is over a thousand. To say personal testimony is poor evidence when it is very well documented on paper that those people with cancer came out cancer free is . You are like a teacher who refuses to accept a students test and grades it wrong although all of his answers were right, because he did not show the work the way you wanted him to.

I'll reiterate that patients taking part in medical trials conducted by "big pharma" are never billed for participation. In fact in almost all cases they are paid by the pharmaceutical companies carrying out the study for their expenses and time.

Burzynski is not only billing patients to take part in medical trials, he is charging exorbitant sums of money. Like charging £200,000 to treat a four year old. His response to criticism has not been to produce scientific evidence of the efficacy of his treatment. It has been to produce a hokey documentary and to threaten critics with legal action.
                    Yes, because he does not get funding like other cancer clinics. Majority of his funds are restricted to him obtaining it himself to keep his clinic running, but of course this is all in the documentary which I am sure you did not watch.

His lucrative Phase II trials have been ongoing now for 35 years, during which time the results of one two year study have been published (by the National Cancer Institute). All six patients evaluated showed signs of tumour progression at the end of the trial (that's bad) and all those six plus another three who participated but were not selected for evaluation died of their illness. This happened in 1999. In all there have been some sixty patients that have paid to participate in trials, none of whom have had the results of their trial published.

I have no idea where you got the "thousands of patients" from.

Oh and out of the nine patients I mentioned above five had neurological side effects from the supposedly side-effect free treatment.
                    Again all of this is explained in the video, and the thousand of patients are portrayed in the video as well. Watch the video for a change. The rest of your post is not worth responding too because it is all explained in the video.
                    Last edited by Enayze; 11-29-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...urzynski2.html

READ THIS^^

Comment

Working...
                      X