No announcement yet.

Are straight edge fighters better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are straight edge fighters better?

By straight edge I mean no smoking, no drugs and no alcohol EVER. Here are some examples

Muhammad Ali - considered the GOAT, never even had a sip of wine, no drugs etc because of his religion

Roy Jones Jr - 100% sober his entire life, not even sleeping pills or anything. Roy is very religious and has christian values.

Floyd Mayweather Jr - Same as the other 2, 100% straight edge. Goes clubbing and sips on soda and water. At 34 years old with all those fights, he still looks as quick as ever. He was throwing combos against victor like he was when he was 25.

Bernard Hopkins - little different, as in his youth from about 14-20 he drank alcohol and smoked weed. But once he got out of prison he went straight to the boxing gym and has been sober ever since ( he said 1988 ). He's nearly 50 and LHW champ of the world.

I think most of us want to be correct and feel that the whole passage is in need of correct explanation. I on the other hand, don't have the patience for long, long answers. If I can't get my point across in a paragraph or less, I don't need to say it

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
      By straight edge I mean no smoking, no drugs and no alcohol EVER. Here are some examples

Muhammad Ali - considered the GOAT, never even had a sip of wine, no drugs etc because of his religion

Roy Jones Jr - 100% sober his entire life, not even sleeping pills or anything. Roy is very religious and has christian values.

Floyd Mayweather Jr - Same as the other 2, 100% straight edge. Goes clubbing and sips on soda and water. At 34 years old with all those fights, he still looks as quick as ever. He was throwing combos against victor like he was when he was 25.

Bernard Hopkins - little different, as in his youth from about 14-20 he drank alcohol and smoked weed. But once he got out of prison he went straight to the boxing gym and has been sober ever since ( he said 1988 ). He's nearly 50 and LHW champ of the world.
      I guess PEDs dont count

Comment

Huh?????

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          I guess PEDs dont count
          That's true, but I'm talking about recreational drugs here. Furthermore hasn't that been debunked? That it was just a fat burner and not steroids?

Comment

Sometimes I wonder "Why is that Frisbee getting bigger?" and then it hits me.

Comment

eubank is another, he wanted his lifestyle (drinking and smoking) to change and he did it for boxing.

if you have two equal natural talents, one cleanliving and one not so, ofc the cleanliving guy is going to be the greater success of the two.

Comment

Another interesting fact, the 3 sober boxers I just named have been beaten by users.

Comment

I'm taking care of my procrastination problem...just you wait and see!

Comment

Nigel Benn used to drink heavily and use cocaine and ecstacy right through his career.

He also put 10x more into weight-training than sparring.

That is what you call a natural talent!

Comment

Working...
                    X